You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn, table for nine please
October 24 2020 1.41am

Jeremy Corbyn, table for nine please

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 01 Oct 20 8.41pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Diane Abbott took the photo. She counted the guests a few times - just to make sure she was right that there were less than six. She then put it up on her Facebook page. 'Me and Jez with four friends' .

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 01 Oct 20 8.42pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Oh dear this is not the Sun

[Link]

And?

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 Oct 20 8.47pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

Firstly, I was replying to a comment about not wearing a fase mask by Croydon Proud.

Second, don't get all shouty with me! Who do you think you are! If you don't like what I say, ignore it. I'm fine with that. But don't tell me what I can or can't say.

Third, the bold highlight is speculation. Why do you mention civil liberties? Also, I wear a mask if I have to. Why assume I don't?

Lastly, both my parents are still alive. 85 and 78 yrs old. One has had cancer and a heart attack. I also have various aunts and uncles of similar age, some with health issues. All of them know that they are living beyond what they expected. I wasn't "fishing for a response", I was stating a fact. I'm sorry to have to inform you, but you are going to die, and the older you are, the more likely. Harsh, but true.

Edited by Tim Gypsy Hill '64 (01 Oct 2020 8.35pm)

It was me who asked that last question but stating the obvious about all of us goner die doesnt really justify the herd immunity which I guess you are talking about. If us as a country had taken it seriously at the start we could and would be in a better place. Without masks we could still have tried harder, instead we had all the bleating about civil liberties bollox and sniping on the political front. Using cummings as a scapegoat for breaking the advice was frankly pathetic. I'm sure if someone said we could have it normal or continue as is with restrictions but all your folks and older relatives are going to die by xmas if you want normal you might be in a different place. Protecting others is the name of the game whereby you want others to protect you and yours.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 01 Oct 20 9.00pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It was me who asked that last question but stating the obvious about all of us goner die doesnt really justify the herd immunity which I guess you are talking about. If us as a country had taken it seriously at the start we could and would be in a better place. Without masks we could still have tried harder, instead we had all the bleating about civil liberties bollox and sniping on the political front. Using cummings as a scapegoat for breaking the advice was frankly pathetic. I'm sure if someone said we could have it normal or continue as is with restrictions but all your folks and older relatives are going to die by xmas if you want normal you might be in a different place. Protecting others is the name of the game whereby you want others to protect you and yours.

cryrst, I don't want anyone to die. Especially by Christmas. But it is a fact of life (well death really). What is not being discussed is how many people this will affect for many, many years. People die from recessions. Young people as well as old, fit as well as unhealthy. Protecting the young and fit is what keeps a species alive. Just look at the rest of life on this planet.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 01 Oct 20 10.43pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

"WHOOSH!" what? You made a lame remark about face masks.

My comment was only saying to the poster that he could criticise the pm"s father at the same time- for balance- as both stories were out at the same time on tv, but he only criticised jc, you getting excited about my mask comment was a little ott, thought you would have seen my post as it was ment, for balance in reporting, but you missed it!If you don"t believe in wearing a mask i have no problem with that, although i do wear one in a shop just as cryst says for elderly and vulnearables!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 02 Oct 20 12.40am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Hello again

If you were having a private conversation with CP then probably best not to put in forum.

My use of bold type was not meant to be " shouty", it was for emphasis on the importance of wearing masks, something we know a lot about in Asia.

I constantly hear arguments in UK on radio, TV etc that people don't like being told to do anything including wearing masks, example was an NHS worker seriously injured on bus in North London by a non mask wearer who didn't like the other guy moving away from him, apparently.

Your final point, I wish your aged relatives good health and long life.
You wrote :
"Just to save a few thousand older people, who have no benefit to the young, and will probably die this winter. Or next winter. Because they are old."

Can't understand how I might have read this and considered it, cold, callous and uncaring. My bad.

p.s what does being of benefit to the young have to do with anything?

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

Firstly, I was replying to a comment about not wearing a fase mask by Croydon Proud.

Second, don't get all shouty with me! Who do you think you are! If you don't like what I say, ignore it. I'm fine with that. But don't tell me what I can or can't say.

Third, the bold highlight is speculation. Why do you mention civil liberties? Also, I wear a mask if I have to. Why assume I don't?

Lastly, both my parents are still alive. 85 and 78 yrs old. One has had cancer and a heart attack. I also have various aunts and uncles of similar age, some with health issues. All of them know that they are living beyond what they expected. I wasn't "fishing for a response", I was stating a fact. I'm sorry to have to inform you, but you are going to die, and the older you are, the more likely. Harsh, but true.

Edited by Tim Gypsy Hill '64 (01 Oct 2020 8.35pm)

Edited by HKOwen (02 Oct 2020 12.43am)

Edited by HKOwen (02 Oct 2020 12.45am)

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 02 Oct 20 12.45am Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

My comment was only saying to the poster that he could criticise the pm"s father at the same time- for balance- as both stories were out at the same time on tv, but he only criticised jc, you getting excited about my mask comment was a little ott, thought you would have seen my post as it was ment, for balance in reporting, but you missed it!If you don"t believe in wearing a mask i have no problem with that, although i do wear one in a shop just as cryst says for elderly and vulnearables!

I missed nothing. I had said it was a non-story the previous post. Like the one you posted was a non-story.

I didn't get "excited" by your comment, but this constant reliance on wearing masks to protect people is getting dull. We have compulsory mask wearing in all indoor public spaces. Pubs and restaurants excepted, but with strict distancing rules. But for some reason, the infection rate is rising. So how can masks be helping? Distancing I get, masks???? WTF!?

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 02 Oct 20 12.57am Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

I missed nothing. I had said it was a non-story the previous post. Like the one you posted was a non-story.

I didn't get "excited" by your comment, but this constant reliance on wearing masks to protect people is getting dull. We have compulsory mask wearing in all indoor public spaces. Pubs and restaurants excepted, but with strict distancing rules. But for some reason, the infection rate is rising. So how can masks be helping? Distancing I get, masks???? WTF!?


I have to agree mate, and don"t like mixing posts up on different threads, if you know what i mean, make peace on one thread, and that poster has come on to another earlier thread! I!m not big on masks myself, just do the bare minimum- unless she"s fit of course!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 02 Oct 20 1.05am Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Hello again

If you were having a private conversation with CP then probably best not to put in forum.

My use of bold type was not meant to be " shouty", it was for emphasis on the importance of wearing masks, something we know a lot about in Asia.

I constantly hear arguments in UK on radio, TV etc that people don't like being told to do anything including wearing masks, example was an NHS worker seriously injured on bus in North London by a non mask wearer who didn't like the other guy moving away from him, apparently.

Your final point, I wish your aged relatives good health and long life.
You wrote :
"Just to save a few thousand older people, who have no benefit to the young, and will probably die this winter. Or next winter. Because they are old."

Can't understand how I might have read this and considered it, cold, callous and uncaring. My bad.

p.s what does being of benefit to the young have to do with anything?

Edited by HKOwen (02 Oct 2020 12.43am)

Edited by HKOwen (02 Oct 2020 12.45am)

It wasn't a private conversation. It was an open post.

If you wish to emphasise, please use either italics or bold type. This will save annoyance.

I work with people who have to wear masks during their work duties. I have a fair knowledge of masks. I 'face fit' employees. Not all day, but part of my job. We have to supply several types to fit each face. They don't all work for everyone. These masks are FFP2 and 3. Not the rubbish homemade coverings or standard dental practice masks which almosteveryone wears. Having a row with somebody over a mask is pathetic. On a bus, you wear one, whether you like it or not.

You can consider death in any way you wish, and if you consider that "cold, callous and uncaring" you have no thought of the many more thousands that will die from the ensuing worldwide recession.

And fcuk the young! yeah? What have they ever done.....

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 02 Oct 20 1.08am Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


I have to agree mate, and don"t like mixing posts up on different threads, if you know what i mean, make peace on one thread, and that poster has come on to another earlier thread! I!m not big on masks myself, just do the bare minimum- unless she"s fit of course!

It's all good CP. I take offence to opinions, not people.

Keep well

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 02 Oct 20 1.10am Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

It's all good CP. I take offence to opinions, not people.

Keep well

cheers mate, u to.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 02 Oct 20 1.38am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

OK, let's agree we won't always agree.

I will bear in mind bold type has a meaning other than emphasis.

Having been here through SARS, bird flus and now covid I know that masks are effective, obviously to varying degrees but any face covering better than no face covering.

I agree that there is a likelihood the cure will be worse than the disease in terms of deaths attributable to.

Covid 19 is sh*t, no one wanted it and everyone is trying to cope but it is a reality we have to learn to deal with.

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

It wasn't a private conversation. It was an open post.

If you wish to emphasise, please use either italics or bold type. This will save annoyance.

I work with people who have to wear masks during their work duties. I have a fair knowledge of masks. I 'face fit' employees. Not all day, but part of my job. We have to supply several types to fit each face. They don't all work for everyone. These masks are FFP2 and 3. Not the rubbish homemade coverings or standard dental practice masks which almosteveryone wears. Having a row with somebody over a mask is pathetic. On a bus, you wear one, whether you like it or not.

You can consider death in any way you wish, and if you consider that "cold, callous and uncaring" you have no thought of the many more thousands that will die from the ensuing worldwide recession.

And fcuk the young! yeah? What have they ever done.....

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn, table for nine please