You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy & Gareth cut from the same cloth
October 23 2020 9.03am

Roy & Gareth cut from the same cloth

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View RyWa's Profile RyWa Flag Beckenham 15 Oct 20 10.27am Send a Private Message to RyWa Add RyWa as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Yes forgot to mention that, I have watched him a few times for Dortmund and never actually been that impressed. They're a very good team and play very quick football, he manages to keep up with the action but seems to benefit far more from his team mates than they do from him.

That said, I have not watched Dortmund with any consistency or to any great extent.


Im shocked what im reading. In the Bundesliga, Sancho is rated as one of the best players in the league.
30 goals and 34 assists in 78 league games from a winger, thats a ridiculous return.
I watch alot of Bundesliga and hes extremely direct and would be a huge coup for a premier league team if signed.


Edited by RyWa (15 Oct 2020 10.28am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View buzby1's Profile buzby1 Flag Devon 15 Oct 20 10.30am Send a Private Message to buzby1 Add buzby1 as a friend

Roy... sorry, Gareth, was on the radio this morning saying how well the team played. What I saw was a shambolic performance orchestrated by a manager who is tactically inept, plays people out of position, ignores creative talent like Grealish, Alexander-Arnold and Foden and puts his trust in second-rate players who are out form for their clubs. Kane looked like a forward version of Maguire. Pickford is not only playing poorly but he's got a real attitude problem. The FA will continue to back Southgate and a terrific generation of very talented young English footballers will once again get no rewards. Southgate is a good politician but a lousy football manager.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 15 Oct 20 10.34am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by RyWa


Im shocked what im reading. In the Bundesliga, Sancho is rated as one of the best players in the league.
30 goals and 34 assists in 78 league games from a winger, thats a ridiculous return.
I watch alot of Bundesliga and hes extremely direct and would be a huge coup for a premier league team if signed.


Edited by RyWa (15 Oct 2020 10.28am)

Not at all shocked - any decent English youngster gets the same treatment eventually.. we love to slate a prospect.


The even more ridiculous thing about Sancho’s numbers are that he’s done that as a teenager - the only other players to turn out 15goals/15assists in a season over the last 10 years are Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez and Hazard.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag South London 15 Oct 20 10.35am Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

Right now he's lost the plot, clearly. but i remember a few of years back going to a game at Wembley (Nigeria I think) and I was surprised at how progressive England were. I thought - we might actually be ok, and we were.

Question is whether he can get back to that. Jury is out. But certainly I'd rather he didn't come to Palace if its this version of his managment on offer. Dyche seems to be the obvious choice for a team like ours. He'll get a bit more dosh to spend which will make him happy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 15 Oct 20 10.36am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by RyWa


Im shocked what im reading. In the Bundesliga, Sancho is rated as one of the best players in the league.
30 goals and 34 assists in 78 league games from a winger, thats a ridiculous return.
I watch alot of Bundesliga and hes extremely direct and would be a huge coup for a premier league team if signed.


Edited by RyWa (15 Oct 2020 10.28am)

I'm not sure why you are so shocked?

I am not questioning his footballing ability, his prowess in the Bundesliga nor his stats which are obviously very good.

I stated in my original post 'I must be the only person who has never...' as I am merely saying I have never personally witnessed anything that would back up his reputation in Germany or his stats albeit admittedly not having watched him a great deal only seeing him for England and maybe 5/6 Dortmund games (very rough guess). Just a thought nothing more!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Online Flag Ware 15 Oct 20 11.35am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Never been a big fan of this current England Setup.

The last World Cup whipped everyone into a fury, but we still were'nt that good, and fluked it to the Semi's.

The single main redeeming feature to this whole setup is that Gareth always has 1 eye on youth. - well, so far in that he used To manage the u21s (has he actually brought anyone in that he did not manage in the u21s yet?)

I get what he is trying to do - It's fine to only playing players "in form", but you need to balance that with some kind of consistency of selection in an effort to get these players playing as a team.

This is the job of the international Manager.

plus, of course, we have no defensive midfielders or Centre backs to speak of but do have some promising youngsters coming through. Rice and Phillips need to come up to speed so Dier never has to pull on an england shirt again, and same goes for Gomez/Coady and Maguire.

On the Flip side, these are(used to be) 'Friendly' games, so GS has a right to experiment in them. Come tournament time then we see the colour of his b*llox.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 15 Oct 20 12.08pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Is it me or is anyone else frustrated with Harry Kane just shooting every time he gets the ball within 40 yards of goal. I know he scores a few, but he must be a nightmare to play with. Salah does the same. For them it seems scoring goals individually is more important than getting the right outcome for the team. I know goals for the team makes all the difference, but they could help more widely if they made better decisions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Oct 20 12.11pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Why not start with the team that finished against Wales, frankly tearing them apart? Instead, revert to the team that fluked a win against Iceland and barely deserved anything against Wales and Denmark. That's just silly.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 15 Oct 20 12.44pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Whilst we are on England, and sorry if this offends anyone, but am I the only person in the world who has never witnessed Jadon Sancho actually do anything of note, ever, in a game? Isn't he supposed to be the next or even current big thing?


Never seen him play in Germany, however i'm with you Nicholas, for England he always looks like a passenger.

And why the hell does he not play Grealish??

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twist's Profile twist Flag Miami, Florida 15 Oct 20 4.36pm Send a Private Message to twist Add twist as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

Never been a big fan of this current England Setup.

The last World Cup whipped everyone into a fury, but we still were'nt that good, and fluked it to the Semi's.

The single main redeeming feature to this whole setup is that Gareth always has 1 eye on youth. - well, so far in that he used To manage the u21s (has he actually brought anyone in that he did not manage in the u21s yet?)

I get what he is trying to do - It's fine to only playing players "in form", but you need to balance that with some kind of consistency of selection in an effort to get these players playing as a team.

This is the job of the international Manager.

plus, of course, we have no defensive midfielders or Centre backs to speak of but do have some promising youngsters coming through. Rice and Phillips need to come up to speed so Dier never has to pull on an england shirt again, and same goes for Gomez/Coady and Maguire.

On the Flip side, these are(used to be) 'Friendly' games, so GS has a right to experiment in them. Come tournament time then we see the colour of his b*llox.

Sadly i think GS is treating these games this time around as a practice match, too many ins and outs and weird combo's to think otherwise. Its sad because right now we could do with some national pride.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 15 Oct 20 5.35pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

It's hard to believe that only a couple of years ago he was being hailed as a breath of fresh air, a good man manager, almost a national hero, a cult figure whose dress style led to shops running out of waistcoats. I wonder who's wearing those now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 15 Oct 20 5.40pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

It's hard to believe that only a couple of years ago he was being hailed as a breath of fresh air, a good man manager, almost a national hero, a cult figure whose dress style led to shops running out of waistcoats. I wonder who's wearing those now.

Hipsters just aren't cool anymore.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy & Gareth cut from the same cloth