You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Top team in London?
December 5 2020 5.45pm

Top team in London?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View midlandspalace's Profile midlandspalace Flag kidderminster 25 Oct 20 9.56pm Send a Private Message to midlandspalace Add midlandspalace as a friend

6 games played and Palace are above Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs (unless they beat Burnley tomorrow), West Ham and Fulham (and Millwall, Charlton, Brentford, QPR, AFC Wimbledon). What a great start to the season!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View glaziermart's Profile glaziermart Flag 25 Oct 20 10.22pm Send a Private Message to glaziermart Add glaziermart as a friend

The last time this happened was the 1979-80 season, although that was for a few months!! The team of the Eighties went 3rd in the old First Division after winning at Stoke in mid-September and stayed either 3rd or 4th place up until when we got battered up at Liverpool just before Christmas. Heady days!! At that time we were genuinely being considered as taking over from Arsenal as London's top club. We had the Gunners fans worried!! because we had such a brilliant young team. But then it all fell apart!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JR66's Profile JR66 Flag Caterham 25 Oct 20 11.01pm Send a Private Message to JR66 Add JR66 as a friend

we must have the best points per possession ratio in the premier

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Online Flag Croydon 25 Oct 20 11.52pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by JR66

we must have the best points per possession ratio in the premier


Ever..

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 26 Oct 20 9.01am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle


Ever..

Well, Tom - "It's not how much you've got, it's what you do with it" (and apparently, you should know)

Edited by doombear (26 Oct 2020 9.48am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Online Flag CR3 26 Oct 20 9.34am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by JR66

we must have the best points per possession ratio in the premier

In the world

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View babylonjohn's Profile babylonjohn Flag St Leonards-on-Sea 26 Oct 20 11.17am Send a Private Message to babylonjohn Add babylonjohn as a friend

Get a grip we've only played 6 games. If it was 6 games left to play then get excited.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 26 Oct 20 2.20pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by babylonjohn

Get a grip we've only played 6 games. If it was 6 games left to play then get excited.

Very wise words, better to say we need another 30 points in order to reach the magic 40 and then may be we will be safe for another year!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 26 Oct 20 3.11pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Originally posted by glaziermart

The last time this happened was the 1979-80 season, although that was for a few months!! The team of the Eighties went 3rd in the old First Division after winning at Stoke in mid-September and stayed either 3rd or 4th place up until when we got battered up at Liverpool just before Christmas. Heady days!! At that time we were genuinely being considered as taking over from Arsenal as London's top club. We had the Gunners fans worried!! because we had such a brilliant young team. But then it all fell apart!!!!

there was definitely hope of us getting up to Chelsea's level if we could sustain some success at top level (which we never have of course), we had a good few 40,000+ crowds back then, that vision seems to have all but disappeared sadly, but I'll be happy when we've got a decent stadium that can hold 35k though I'd love to live long enough to see 40,000+ at Selhurst once again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View midlandspalace's Profile midlandspalace Flag kidderminster 26 Oct 20 3.48pm Send a Private Message to midlandspalace Add midlandspalace as a friend

Originally posted by babylonjohn

Get a grip we've only played 6 games. If it was 6 games left to play then get excited.

Of course, but sometimes it is necessary to post/read something other than the constant negativity on here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 26 Oct 20 6.00pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

there was definitely hope of us getting up to Chelsea's level if we could sustain some success at top level (which we never have of course), we had a good few 40,000+ crowds back then, that vision seems to have all but disappeared sadly, but I'll be happy when we've got a decent stadium that can hold 35k though I'd love to live long enough to see 40,000+ at Selhurst once again.

We currently have the same attendances as Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Truly big time now.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 26 Oct 20 6.44pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Since the premier League switched to 38 games in mid 1990's there have been 182 teams with at least 10 points after six games. Only Bournemouth, last season, have been relegated

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Top team in London?