You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wolves v Palace match thread
June 23 2021 8.20pm

Wolves v Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 23 of 29 < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View redshift's Profile redshift Flag Toronto 30 Oct 20 11.11pm Send a Private Message to redshift Add redshift as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

The constant changes in defence caught up with us today, especially with PvA playing more on the front foot. The lack of continuity means the communication and understanding is not there. Dann was poor first half, unusually being poor in the air. Luka was not great and Batshuayi just can't seem to stay onside. VAR saw eveything except the foul on Zaha, but in honesty we didn't deserve anything from the game.

I like Wolves and I like their manager. We weren't great, we move on. Luka may have really shot himself in the foot as he probably would have started at Leeds despite a less than impressive showing. With 3 games out he may have to rely on injuries to get back in.

It's going to be a big test next weekend as right now our weaknesses could be spotted from space and Biesla seems to be all about fine tuning tactics. However, I will say this evening was not as depressing as some of our games this year and on another day we might have snatched a draw. We certainly attacked more than in many games even if it wasn't fruitful. Also, although not as good as the last two games, Jairo impressed again.

Succincntly, this was pretty much my take on the game to.

 


Success will lie to you but failure always tells you the truth.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View xomnea's Profile xomnea Flag 30 Oct 20 11.19pm Send a Private Message to xomnea Add xomnea as a friend

Feel surprisingly fine with that performance. On another night we're sat here with a point happy that a couple of marginal VARs have gone our way.
Would still like them to be earlier but Roy made subs early enough for them to have an impact.
4 winnable games coming up and for a change a Palace loss hasn't left me feeling like I'm never watching football again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 30 Oct 20 11.20pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Thought they were better than us man for man in almost every department.

What was clear as daylight to me is that Riedewald and Luka may be better at shifting the ball forward but are nowhere near combative enough when we play superior opposition.

The refereeing including the sending off was a joke and just underlines how useless most of them are with or without replays but not quite as pathetic as the in game bitching on here.

Reading through the post didn't see that coming, made me laugh!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 30 Oct 20 11.25pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Reading through the post didn't see that coming, made me laugh!

Glad it made you laugh. Wolves were quality in fairness.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 30 Oct 20 11.34pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Clyne off the pace I am afraid and PVA simply cannot defend. Wardy and Tyrick should be back in.
Luca has been off the pace for 18 months and shows no sign of improving. Suspended for 3 matches Jimmy Mac back in.
Andros back to normal, not good enough after an all to brief improvement. We should cash in on him in January and get Jordan back in the starting 11.
Eze for Schlupp.
Jury out on Batshuayi. His problem is the same as it was in his previous loan spell. His starting position is always a yard past the last defender and he does not get back onside in time. He will add to his 3 disallowed goals all for offside during the coming weeks without question. Someone needs to coach him properly with a VT so he can see for himself that he needs to play the right side of the defensive line.
Roy, nice chap, but past his best. Micky Quinn used to call him the Hodgesaurus and he was not wrong.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 30 Oct 20 11.35pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

No. Wrong. If Luca was a millisecond later in his tackle then the Wolves player would have taken the ball and then Lucaís ankle in exactly the same fashion. As it happens Luca got the ball first and as he followed through he was unfortunate to catch the Wolves players ankle who arrived LATE to the tackle. This is where slowing it down does no favours to the tackler. It was a yellow at worst and in the old days not even a foul.

The game has gone soft.

Thatís what I thought but itís not because the foot is high and his body is off the ground so heís not in control. Weíll get one or two go for us and have done a bit last season I think. Dunk recently too.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 Oct 20 11.39pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid


Glad it made you laugh. Wolves were quality in fairness.

Until tonight,Wolves were a team that had only scored 1 goal in each of their 3 home games and those included games against Fulham and Newcastle.

It would appear that training consists of mainly what shape to adopt when we do NOT have the ball so it is hardly surprising that when we went behind we didn't have the nous to break down teams when we WERE in possession.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that whoever we bring in to provide an attacking threat will not make much impact due to the way that the team is setup.
I just could not see Eze fitting into the way Hodgson plays and of course his appearances have been limited.I also thought the same about Meyer before we signed him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jefroc's Profile Jefroc Flag Crete 30 Oct 20 11.40pm Send a Private Message to Jefroc Add Jefroc as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

The constant changes in defence caught up with us today, especially with PvA playing more on the front foot. The lack of continuity means the communication and understanding is not there. Dann was poor first half, unusually being poor in the air. Luka was not great and Batshuayi just can't seem to stay onside. VAR saw eveything except the foul on Zaha, but in honesty we didn't deserve anything from the game.

I like Wolves and I like their manager. We weren't great, we move on. Luka may have really shot himself in the foot as he probably would have started at Leeds despite a less than impressive showing. With 3 games out he may have to rely on injuries to get back in.

It's going to be a big test next weekend as right now our weaknesses could be spotted from space and Biesla seems to be all about fine tuning tactics. However, I will say this evening was not as depressing as some of our games this year and on another day we might have snatched a draw. We certainly attacked more than in many games even if it wasn't fruitful. Also, although not as good as the last two games, Jairo impressed again.

Spot on

 


Always remembering walking from the Holmesdale to the Whitehorse end at half time!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 Oct 20 11.45pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

Clyne off the pace I am afraid and PVA simply cannot defend. Wardy and Tyrick should be back in.
Luca has been off the pace for 18 months and shows no sign of improving. Suspended for 3 matches Jimmy Mac back in.
Andros back to normal, not good enough after an all to brief improvement. We should cash in on him in January and get Jordan back in the starting 11.
Eze for Schlupp.
Jury out on Batshuayi. His problem is the same as it was in his previous loan spell. His starting position is always a yard past the last defender and he does not get back onside in time. He will add to his 3 disallowed goals all for offside during the coming weeks without question. Someone needs to coach him properly with a VT so he can see for himself that he needs to play the right side of the defensive line.
Roy, nice chap, but past his best. Micky Quinn used to call him the Hodgesaurus and he was not wrong.

Hardly surprising as he missed the whole of last season and this was only his second start this campaign.

We sold a £50 Mill right-back and brought in a player with a long-term injury and now a right-back who never played a game last season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 30 Oct 20 11.46pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Until tonight,Wolves were a team that had only scored 1 goal in each of their 3 home games and those included games against Fulham and Newcastle.

It would appear that training consists of mainly what shape to adopt when we do NOT have the ball so it is hardly surprising that when we went behind we didn't have the nous to break down teams when we WERE in possession.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that whoever we bring in to provide an attacking threat will not make much impact due to the way that the team is setup.
I just could not see Eze fitting into the way Hodgson plays and of course his appearances have been limited.I also thought the same about Meyer before we signed him.

Irrespective of tactics their team was so much better than us man for man. They finished 7th last season and continue to build. We've got (about) the 15th best squad in the division.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 31 Oct 20 12.08am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Irrespective of tactics their team was so much better than us man for man. They finished 7th last season and continue to build. We've got (about) the 15th best squad in the division.

In pre-season they sold a couple of their key players, Matt Doherty and Diogo Jota for a total of some £60 Mill but brought in 6 new players including tonight's scorer Rayan Ait-Nouri whom they recruited on loan from Angers with an option to buy for £20 Mill.

Edited by Willo (31 Oct 2020 12.08am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 31 Oct 20 12.13am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

We put in a lack lustre performance against a better team. Luka tackle was terrible and sad to say he has lost his timing. Atkinson continues to have a bias against Wilf, dead set pen by today's standards.

Not an enjoyable watch and just move on

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 23 of 29 < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wolves v Palace match thread