You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Overcautious
January 25 2021 4.38pm

Overcautious

Previous Topic | Next Topic


This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View pax3908's Profile pax3908 Flag 31 Oct 20 10.12am Send a Private Message to pax3908 Add pax3908 as a friend

Why are we so bloody cautious,
Wolves play a debutant and as l suspected he scored against us,we have Eze sitting on the bench, our most expensive close season signing,and don't bring him on till the damage is done!He is young keen and raring to go,wake up please Roy,and use the enthusiasm of youth like every team that plays us seems to!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 31 Oct 20 10.17am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by pax3908

Why are we so bloody cautious,
Wolves play a debutant and as l suspected he scored against us,we have Eze sitting on the bench, our most expensive close season signing,and don't bring him on till the damage is done!He is young keen and raring to go,wake up please Roy,and use the enthusiasm of youth like every team that plays us seems to!!!

Why are people starting new threads every day with the same s***e?????

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View viveasheagle's Profile viveasheagle Flag perth 02 Nov 20 4.55am Send a Private Message to viveasheagle Add viveasheagle as a friend

Feel a bit with the 4 4 2 formation we are getting out gunned in midfield at times this season. Frustrating to see central defenders pass the ball to say Milivojevic and we then have 3 goal side players so if it is passed forward we have 7 players versus 10 from the opposition. This is where Sako can be good but in general we have no pace at heart of the defence so ball gets turned over we could be gifting the opposition easy chances. Tricky trying to get the balance right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View redshift's Profile redshift Flag Toronto 02 Nov 20 5.41am Send a Private Message to redshift Add redshift as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Why are people starting new threads every day with the same s***e?????

I think there is an issue with this site in that they don't monitor threads very well. There are some threads that were started during the Boer war and they're still active with hundreds of pages.

I'm exaggerating of course but it does seem that threads stay active longer than warranted and by that I mean any sense of immediacy is long gone but they're still active.

I think the reason people start new threads is because they don't want to have to plow through things from 1958 to get to the last page that has actual valid information.

Not sure if there are actually any Mods working this site but in any event I think it would be helped by someone taking the time to cut off threads that have obviously out lived their usefulness. Then if we start new threads, at least they're current.

Edited by redshift (02 Nov 2020 5.42am)

 


Success will lie to you but failure always tells you the truth.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 02 Nov 20 7.35am Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by redshift

I think there is an issue with this site in that they don't monitor threads very well. There are some threads that were started during the Boer war and they're still active with hundreds of pages.

I'm exaggerating of course but it does seem that threads stay active longer than warranted and by that I mean any sense of immediacy is long gone but they're still active.

I think the reason people start new threads is because they don't want to have to plow through things from 1958 to get to the last page that has actual valid information.

Not sure if there are actually any Mods working this site but in any event I think it would be helped by someone taking the time to cut off threads that have obviously out lived their usefulness. Then if we start new threads, at least they're current.

Edited by redshift (02 Nov 2020 5.42am)

Is it really so difficult to click on the 'Last Page'or last page number in any thread?

We Mods have quite enough to do as it is, and as for 'deleting' old stuff, sometimes people actually do want to refer back to it. Again, that is down to the webmaster who has much better things to do in 'real' life earning his living, whilst providing this site for free.

Since this is about the third time you have publicly critised this site and it's moderation, maybe try the BBS? It could well be your sort of place if you prefer a totalitarian state!

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 02 Nov 20 12.44pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by redshift

I think there is an issue with this site in that they don't monitor threads very well. There are some threads that were started during the Boer war and they're still active with hundreds of pages.

I'm exaggerating of course but it does seem that threads stay active longer than warranted and by that I mean any sense of immediacy is long gone but they're still active.

Edited by redshift (02 Nov 2020 5.42am)

Not at all. There is still a post from General Smuts asking if Palace would be likely to tour South Africa once the was was over.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 02 Nov 20 8.14pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by viveasheagle

Feel a bit with the 4 4 2 formation we are getting out gunned in midfield at times this season. Frustrating to see central defenders pass the ball to say Milivojevic and we then have 3 goal side players so if it is passed forward we have 7 players versus 10 from the opposition. This is where Sako can be good but in general we have no pace at heart of the defence so ball gets turned over we could be gifting the opposition easy chances. Tricky trying to get the balance right.

Agree with this. Difficult committing players forward and playing further up the pitch. One of the reasons Wan Bissaka's pace is missed so much.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 02 Nov 20 8.52pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by becky

Is it really so difficult to click on the 'Last Page'or last page number in any thread?

We Mods have quite enough to do as it is, and as for 'deleting' old stuff, sometimes people actually do want to refer back to it. Again, that is down to the webmaster who has much better things to do in 'real' life earning his living, whilst providing this site for free.

Since this is about the third time you have publicly critised this site and it's moderation, maybe try the BBS? It could well be your sort of place if you prefer a totalitarian state!

As a technophobe could someone advise how to find old threads ta muchly

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 02 Nov 20 9.46pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

As a technophobe could someone advise how to find old threads ta muchly

Right hand side, below the personal details and friends updates is the search bar for the site - either that or at the bottom of each board are the page numbers going back as far as the system can hold, click on each one to see the topics listed on that page .........scrolling through that lot should easily counter any boredom on your part during lockdown

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Online Flag Cornwall 03 Nov 20 5.30pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Why are people starting new threads every day with the same s***e?????

..it's because it's their shit

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 


Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Overcautious