You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > New Lockdown
December 3 2020 7.55am

New Lockdown

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 02 Nov 20 2.05am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


I agree the ones that need to shelter should and the rest get on with it the age thing is not correct its more about your health status.

No such thing as herd immunity its simple your immune system can deal with it or it cant then you have it can with aid.

This is just like the flu but it is more rapid and can leave long term damage due to how aggressive immune system responds.

The whole how many people you know etc is just more rubbish as well testing is only done to people who have symptoms and even then lots of people do not have symptoms but can still have it so it's meaningless.

The suicides are nothing to do with this those people would of had issues already it's typical of people now days always making excuses or trying to put drama spins on things.

Regarding this second lock down complete waste of time should of done it correctly first time this govt is weak and doesn't have a clue what they are doing my wife has said this many times from the beginning and is glad she didn't stay here the country she is in and works in a hospital in fact runs the icu tropical/infectious diseases department has had hardly any cases not even 100 deaths.

Edited by grumpymort (01 Nov 2020 1.37pm)

This isnít true. Little bits of bodies and people confirming this isnít the case are coming out yet we keep hearing the lefties trot this nonsense out. The body never has kept the antibodies to viruses at the front of the bodyís access area because the serum doesnít have room for it. Itís held in the bodyís memory and called upon when needed as is the case with many foreign toxins. Well something like that but you get the picture. All this vaccinating 2-4 times a year is supposed to be nonsense but I wouldnít be surprised any more. Feckin western world has lost its mind. Populations in the past wouldnít think we were English or British in spirit. Nothing like it.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag UK/Thailand 02 Nov 20 9.14pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

This isnít true. Little bits of bodies and people confirming this isnít the case are coming out yet we keep hearing the lefties trot this nonsense out. The body never has kept the antibodies to viruses at the front of the bodyís access area because the serum doesnít have room for it. Itís held in the bodyís memory and called upon when needed as is the case with many foreign toxins. Well something like that but you get the picture. All this vaccinating 2-4 times a year is supposed to be nonsense but I wouldnít be surprised any more. Feckin western world has lost its mind. Populations in the past wouldnít think we were English or British in spirit. Nothing like it.


So you are claiming my wife who is a specialist in tropical/infectious diseases is a liar and her country has not even had 100 deaths from this she has 15+ years experience in the field.

Herd immunity is a myth for this.

This virus is same family as cold and flu people are not immune to those people can just deal with them.

Vaccine will be like flu one it only offers % cover for some strains this already has mutated multi times so could be useless but it will still be claimed it helps just like the flu ones are.

 


AIR VPN - [Link]
SurfShark VPN - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 02 Nov 20 9.25pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

This isnít true. Little bits of bodies and people confirming this isnít the case are coming out yet we keep hearing the lefties trot this nonsense out. The body never has kept the antibodies to viruses at the front of the bodyís access area because the serum doesnít have room for it. Itís held in the bodyís memory and called upon when needed as is the case with many foreign toxins. Well something like that but you get the picture. All this vaccinating 2-4 times a year is supposed to be nonsense but I wouldnít be surprised any more. Feckin western world has lost its mind. Populations in the past wouldnít think we were English or British in spirit. Nothing like it.

It's not just "lefties". Maybe some Rudi, but many people, of all colours and persuasions, are scared by the constant over-estimation of how many will die, and how some hospitals are full already, with the rest to follow without lockdown. The pandemic is a fraction of what it was. I still know nobody who has seen a death from C-19. And I have two elderly parents, four aunts and two uncles who all but one live in London or the SE. Along with several nephews, nieces, cousins, along with their various associated family, friends, work colleagus. All of them have survived this 'highly contagious and lethal' virus.

I'm not a virus denier, just being realistic.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 02 Nov 20 9.36pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


I agree the ones that need to shelter should and the rest get on with it the age thing is not correct its more about your health status.

No such thing as herd immunity its simple your immune system can deal with it or it cant then you have it can with aid.

This is just like the flu but it is more rapid and can leave long term damage due to how aggressive immune system responds.

The whole how many people you know etc is just more rubbish as well testing is only done to people who have symptoms and even then lots of people do not have symptoms but can still have it so it's meaningless.

The suicides are nothing to do with this those people would of had issues already it's typical of people now days always making excuses or trying to put drama spins on things.

Regarding this second lock down complete waste of time should of done it correctly first time this govt is weak and doesn't have a clue what they are doing my wife has said this many times from the beginning and is glad she didn't stay here the country she is in and works in a hospital in fact runs the icu tropical/infectious diseases department has had hardly any cases not even 100 deaths.

Edited by grumpymort (01 Nov 2020 1.37pm)

Not sure about the suicides. Would have thought anyone with such problems would have had them hugely magnified by the isolation of lockdown and possibly financial concerns.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 02 Nov 20 10.06pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


So you are claiming my wife who is a specialist in tropical/infectious diseases is a liar and her country has not even had 100 deaths from this she has 15+ years experience in the field.

Herd immunity is a myth for this.

This virus is same family as cold and flu people are not immune to those people can just deal with them.

Vaccine will be like flu one it only offers % cover for some strains this already has mutated multi times so could be useless but it will still be claimed it helps just like the flu ones are.

T-cell immunity remains after body serum antibodies go soon after infection. The tw&ts at sky news have even said this today and that itís their in T-cells for at least 6 months after leaving it out of their report on the same study last week to put the fear of God in people.

I think youíre behind on the information and knowledge, grumpy.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 02 Nov 20 10.45pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Absolutely f@ck all interest in adhering to the new lock down.

Will wear a mask, wash my hands and keep a respectful distance where possible, but Iím going to keep on working and seeing who I want to see.

No interest. Donít know anyone out of the hundreds or thousands of people I know who have died from it.

Rather take my chances and let the cards fall where they fall

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 03 Nov 20 3.17am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

For all the economic damage this second lockdown will do, being that it is likely to be voted through I'm sure we all hope that it will be as successful as the first in bringing down numbers (else it's entirely pointless on all levels).

However, the first lockdown (admittedly when it was likely more widespread) went on for 3 months and schools were closed too, so there were far fewer connections within the community. If those connections are enough to keep this ticking over at the same or just a little lower level than the current numbers, it seems inevitable that the month will be extended (to justify it). Gove hinted as much, whereas Boris said it won't. But let's remember that just ten days prior he described the very idea he's now pushing as ďthe height of absurdityĒ so his word doesn't mean much.

Muddling along (with a potential vaccine in our sights), local lockdowns in badly hit areas, a shorter 'circuit breaker' when numbers were relatively low, all appear(ed) to have more merit than this approach. Even massive testing in regions to best detect and isolate cases while allowing society to keep functioning makes sense. Boris set out his stall on Brexit in determined fashion (eventually), but when it comes to this it's like he decides what approach to be passionate about based on which side of the bed he gets out of that day. Being that peoples health and livelihoods are in his hands, that's not very re-assuring.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 03 Nov 20 5.29am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

He said track and trace was looking like a failure because people were not isolating when requested by the service. That isnt anyones fault but us. How can a system work if the sole purpose of it isnt being adhered to. The basic knowledge of C19 is that it's very contagious,can be removed from surfaces by washing and can be stopped by not spreading it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 03 Nov 20 8.45am Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Thereís some good evidence weíve reached herd immunity in London (already achieved in Sweden). Whatever you believe, the London death curve looks flat to me, not exponential.

Herd immunity doesnít mean there will be no covid deaths as weíll still see flare ups and also anyone with covid is reported as a covid death, regardless of what they died of. Itís tellling that flu/pneumonia deaths are much lower than average. So there is some double count (ie people that wouldíve died anyway regardless of covid).

Excess deaths is the best measure to use, and excess deaths in the a UK were not significant in October.

So, covid deaths will fall but not because of lockdown. Lockdown will be hailed as a success, but itís unnecessary. In London at least. Lockdowns appear to make very little difference, apart from making us feel safer and giving politicians something to do.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Nov 20 10.09am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

For all the economic damage this second lockdown will do, being that it is likely to be voted through I'm sure we all hope that it will be as successful as the first in bringing down numbers (else it's entirely pointless on all levels).

However, the first lockdown (admittedly when it was likely more widespread) went on for 3 months and schools were closed too, so there were far fewer connections within the community. If those connections are enough to keep this ticking over at the same or just a little lower level than the current numbers, it seems inevitable that the month will be extended (to justify it). Gove hinted as much, whereas Boris said it won't. But let's remember that just ten days prior he described the very idea he's now pushing as ďthe height of absurdityĒ so his word doesn't mean much.

Muddling along (with a potential vaccine in our sights), local lockdowns in badly hit areas, a shorter 'circuit breaker' when numbers were relatively low, all appear(ed) to have more merit than this approach. Even massive testing in regions to best detect and isolate cases while allowing society to keep functioning makes sense. Boris set out his stall on Brexit in determined fashion (eventually), but when it comes to this it's like he decides what approach to be passionate about based on which side of the bed he gets out of that day. Being that peoples health and livelihoods are in his hands, that's not very re-assuring.


Donít really agree on the first paragraph but I agree on the logic in the rest.

A lockdown now would be useful if a significant change was brought in. Iíve just seen the anti-poppy, left wing activist, Femi Oluwole get owned by Carol Malone of all people. Femi wants a substantial change made in lockdown. After Jeremy Vine agreed that Boris wonít sort track and trace and let it slip that it canít be now (itís too late for national test and trace), Femiís substantial change in policy would be to use nightclubs as school classrooms lol and introduce a stricter mask policy. Who pays this political activist idiot? The first is a joke and it doesnít need a month long lockdown to introduce a stricter mask wearing policy.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Nov 20 10.11am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


So you are claiming my wife who is a specialist in tropical/infectious diseases is a liar and her country has not even had 100 deaths from this she has 15+ years experience in the field.

Herd immunity is a myth for this.

This virus is same family as cold and flu people are not immune to those people can just deal with them.

Vaccine will be like flu one it only offers % cover for some strains this already has mutated multi times so could be useless but it will still be claimed it helps just like the flu ones are.

Look up T-cell immunity and Covid. A portion of the public have been immune the whole time as well. Iím not going to argue with you. Go and look it up.

Even sky news thought theyíd better add that key part yesterday after leaving it out last week to ramp up the fear again by claiming immunity doesnít last at all. Now they admit it does, and they knew it did.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (03 Nov 2020 10.13am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Nov 20 10.17am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

Thereís some good evidence weíve reached herd immunity in London (already achieved in Sweden). Whatever you believe, the London death curve looks flat to me, not exponential.

Herd immunity doesnít mean there will be no covid deaths as weíll still see flare ups and also anyone with covid is reported as a covid death, regardless of what they died of. Itís tellling that flu/pneumonia deaths are much lower than average. So there is some double count (ie people that wouldíve died anyway regardless of covid).

Excess deaths is the best measure to use, and excess deaths in the a UK were not significant in October.

So, covid deaths will fall but not because of lockdown. Lockdown will be hailed as a success, but itís unnecessary. In London at least. Lockdowns appear to make very little difference, apart from making us feel safer and giving politicians something to do.

The R number all over the. country is falling or is below 1 already.


The amount of daily increases has been falling. Sure itís increasing and that means journalists and politicians claim itís Ďexponentialí, but it isnít, 100 then 98 then 95 then 91 increases each day isnít an exponential rise.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > New Lockdown