You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Boozing with the boss
March 9 2021 12.10am

Boozing with the boss

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 15 Feb 21 10.27pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Got thinking about this somehow.

Which one of our managers would be most fun on a night out?

I think Roy could be quite entertaining if you got him really drunk but would take a while to get warmed up. Like the quiet guy who comes out of his shell at a Christmas party and lets out everything they've bottled up for so long. FdB, Allardyce, Pardew all interesting proposition too.

There's a few more I could think of, but will leave it to others to make their case.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 15 Feb 21 10.30pm Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Got thinking about this somehow.

Which one of our managers would be most fun on a night out?

I think Roy could be quite entertaining if you got him really drunk but would take a while to get warmed up. Like the quiet guy who comes out of his shell at a Christmas party and lets out everything they've bottled up for so long. FdB, Allardyce, Pardew all interesting proposition too.

There's a few more I could think of, but will leave it to others to make their case.

I imagine Roys in bed asleep by 9.00 most nights at his age ;-)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fatherken's Profile Fatherken Flag 15 Feb 21 10.43pm Send a Private Message to Fatherken Add Fatherken as a friend

Big Mal

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 15 Feb 21 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


Malcolm Allison.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 15 Feb 21 10.52pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Tempted by the wine in the pint glass with Big Sam , but think I'd go for Pol Roger champagne with Malcolm Allison or a glass of fine brandy with Venables at his club in London.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 15 Feb 21 10.59pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Certainly not Alan Mullery.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 15 Feb 21 11.18pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

Tempted by the wine in the pint glass with Big Sam , but think I'd go for Pol Roger champagne with Malcolm Allison or a glass of fine brandy with Venables at his club in London.

Big Sam would be fun, there'd be an excellent chance of waking up in the morning and finding your in the news papers for all the wrong reasons.

Allison was before my time unfortunately but looks like a clear winner. Next is to work out who'd come in second.

Not sure about El Tel, he's the time of guy that would probably bang on about how great he is all night and expect you to buy all the rounds.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 15 Feb 21 11.29pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Alan Pardew - likes a good night out and tells a good story !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 15 Feb 21 11.57pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Ian Holloway always seemed a good laugh

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 16 Feb 21 8.56am Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

If Pardew is coming then we better leave our wives and girlfriends at home.

Based on his tenure here De Boer would only stay for one drink.

Allardyce would be on the pints of wine.

Pulis would let everyone else buy a round and then go home just before its his turn.

Burley would get pissed before he came out.

Freedman would come out but would slope off as soon as he got a better offer.

Coppell would keep disappearing and then coming back throughout the night.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 16 Feb 21 9.27am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


No takers for Trevor Francis? Hed have to wait for happy hour to be over anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 16 Feb 21 11.50am Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by Canterbury Palace

If Pardew is coming then we better leave our wives and girlfriends at home.

Based on his tenure here De Boer would only stay for one drink.

Allardyce would be on the pints of wine.

Pulis would let everyone else buy a round and then go home just before its his turn.

Burley would get pissed before he came out.

Freedman would come out but would slope off as soon as he got a better offer.

Coppell would keep disappearing and then coming back throughout the night.

Excellent.

Roy would get to 7:30 and apologise that he needs a good nights sleep and depart

Dowie would pretend he has to leave early for his trip back up north only to be spotted coming out of a bar in East London later on

At 9pm Warnock would say that this is his last drink, but would still be knocking 'em back in the early hours.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Boozing with the boss