You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Goalscorers
March 9 2021 1.34am

Goalscorers

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View PE Supporter's Profile PE Supporter Flag Port Elizabeth 16 Feb 21 8.48am Send a Private Message to PE Supporter Add PE Supporter as a friend

Murray, Johnson, Freedman, Morrison. Barely any international experience between them, but by golly, did they work and score goals

Benteke, Batshuayi. Probably more international appearances the Palace goals

What a laugh

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 16 Feb 21 9.26am Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PE Supporter

Murray, Johnson, Freedman, Morrison. Barely any international experience between them, but by golly, did they work and score goals

Benteke, Batshuayi. Probably more international appearances the Palace goals

What a laugh

Same with Mark Bright. Never capped, yet without doubt one of our finest.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 16 Feb 21 9.32am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


Chris Armstrong and Swindle got a few.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HerneBayPalace's Profile HerneBayPalace Flag Herne Bay 16 Feb 21 9.38am Send a Private Message to HerneBayPalace Add HerneBayPalace as a friend

I think it just highlights how good Kevin De Bruyne, Tielemans, Carrasco, Lukaku, Hazard etc all are and put it on a plate for these two.

I don't mind Benteke, he works hard and is a central point in our attack and has put in some very good performances this season.

Bats sadly is one of those strikers that can put the ball in the net but needs to be surrounded by good players in attacking team, of which we have neither.

The sooner we can get some attacking tactics and remove some deadwood, the better.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Feb 21 10.05am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by HerneBayPalace

I think it just highlights how good Kevin De Bruyne, Tielemans, Carrasco, Lukaku, Hazard etc all are and put it on a plate for these two.

I don't mind Benteke, he works hard and is a central point in our attack and has put in some very good performances this season.

Bats sadly is one of those strikers that can put the ball in the net but needs to be surrounded by good players in attacking team, of which we have neither.

The sooner we can get some attacking tactics and remove some deadwood, the better.

Would that be the Carrasco that Roy wasnít convinced about? Allegedly

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 16 Feb 21 10.20am Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Same with Mark Bright. Never capped, yet without doubt one of our finest.

Yes shame he never got a sniff and at least one cap in that brief spell when Wright, Gray, Martyn, Salako and GT all got caps

Edited by monkey (16 Feb 2021 10.20am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 16 Feb 21 10.22am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by HerneBayPalace

I think it just highlights how good Kevin De Bruyne, Tielemans, Carrasco, Lukaku, Hazard etc all are and put it on a plate for these two.

I don't mind Benteke, he works hard and is a central point in our attack and has put in some very good performances this season.

Bats sadly is one of those strikers that can put the ball in the net but needs to be surrounded by good players in attacking team, of which we have neither.

The sooner we can get some attacking tactics and remove some deadwood, the better.

What Benteke have you been watching, just compare his work rate with Bamford Vardy etc, he is the laziest striker I have ever seen not forgetting his limited skills!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 16 Feb 21 10.33am Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

What Benteke have you been watching, just compare his work rate with Bamford Vardy etc, he is the laziest striker I have ever seen not forgetting his limited skills!

Agreed!! Look at West Bromís goal v Man U, do you ever see Benteke scrap and attack the ball in the area like that? No!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 16 Feb 21 11.43am Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

Agreed!! Look at West Bromís goal v Man U, do you ever see Benteke scrap and attack the ball in the area like that? No!!

I have said many times that Benteke never appears to have the fire in his belly for a scrap around and in the opposition penalty area. He doesn't have the doggedness of top strikers and is too easily knocked off the ball, which is saying something for a big fella like him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 16 Feb 21 12.11pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

What Benteke have you been watching, just compare his work rate with Bamford Vardy etc, he is the laziest striker I have ever seen not forgetting his limited skills!


Batshuayi runs him close and may be even lazier.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 16 Feb 21 12.11pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

I have said many times that Benteke never appears to have the fire in his belly for a scrap around and in the opposition penalty area. He doesn't have the doggedness of top strikers and is too easily knocked off the ball, which is saying something for a big fella like him.

Since Murray all of our strikers are like that. The toughest one is Ayew, who seemed off the pace at the start of the season but is looking a bit sharper recently. I honestly thought he looked unfit at the beginning of this season, so did Sakho, Kouyate and Milo. I guess Covid gets the blame there.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YoDougie's Profile YoDougie Flag London 16 Feb 21 12.49pm Send a Private Message to YoDougie Add YoDougie as a friend

I honestly believe that our striking issues isn't down to our strikers, but down the Roy/the coaching staff.

Since Roy took charge, our strikers (both the ones that were here and the new ones we have got in) have all been poor on the goalscoring front.

Benteke, Bats, Ayew (bar 1 season he scored 10), Bamford, Sorloth have all struggled to score.

I'm convinced it must be the way our strikers are being coached and told to play.

 


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Goalscorers