You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Brighton vs. Crystal Palace match thread
February 25 2021 4.52am

Brighton vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 37 of 37 ę First< 33 34 35 36 37

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View peterg's Profile peterg Flag Anerley Yesterday 5.27pm Send a Private Message to peterg Add peterg as a friend

I thought I might feel sorry for Brighton but our win was so laughably outrageous that ecstasy took over. I was dreading the last ten minutes but somehow Brighton lost it in that period - they misplaced passes and it seemed they had given it their all and would now take the draw. In added time the commentator was talking about both sides settling for a useful point each - but I still dreamed the dream of Palace nicking a winner and lo and behold it came true.
It is still so hard to believe I keep watching the replays to make sure it happened.

 


The right place at the right time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley Yesterday 5.32pm Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

After a couple of days since we committed floodlight robbery, as a lot of people have coined a phrase.

I was thinking, I canít recall Guaita having to make many saves during the game or Brighton hitting the woodwork. There were a few scrambles in our box, but were we really battered?

Admittedly we were under pressure for nearly the whole game, but a lot of the time Brighton were limited to long range shots and aimless crosses.

Letís not get carried away, they played better than us for sure and look at where they are in the table, they will get turned over by WBA , Iím sure of it, then letís see how good they are.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag Yesterday 5.42pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews

After a couple of days since we committed floodlight robbery, as a lot of people have coined a phrase.

I was thinking, I canít recall Guaita having to make many saves during the game or Brighton hitting the woodwork. There were a few scrambles in our box, but were we really battered?

Admittedly we were under pressure for nearly the whole game, but a lot of the time Brighton were limited to long range shots and aimless crosses.

Letís not get carried away, they played better than us for sure and look at where they are in the table, they will get turned over by WBA , Iím sure of it, then letís see how good they are.

For all the reasons you list, we absolutely were not battered. As I keep saying, we stole the win but only after we had earned the draw we came for.

Whether folk think we should have gone for more than the draw is another matter, but that's not the point.


Edited by TheBigToePunt (24 Feb 2021 5.44pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst Yesterday 5.54pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt


'but that's not the point'.

Edited by TheBigToePunt (24 Feb 2021 5.44pm)

No, it was 3 points, that's the point.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley Yesterday 5.56pm Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

For all the reasons you list, we absolutely were not battered. As I keep saying, we stole the win but only after we had earned the draw we came for.

Whether folk think we should have gone for more than the draw is another matter, but that's not the point.


Edited by TheBigToePunt (24 Feb 2021 5.44pm)

BHA were given a warning as Tekkers hit one over the bar before he scored the winner. The build up for the winner we had 4 or 5 players breaking from midfield for the first time in the entire game which is incredible...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 37 of 37 ę First< 33 34 35 36 37

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Brighton vs. Crystal Palace match thread