You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Could be exciting for 2021/2022 ?
May 11 2021 9.14pm

Could be exciting for 2021/2022 ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View brides's Profile brides Online Flag Arnside . South lakes 03 Mar 21 9.25am Send a Private Message to brides Add brides as a friend

I am hoping for a new look team for next season, Roy's has stuck with experienced older players, which has served us well, when ever a player breaks into the team they are hungry and give 100% every game.

Time for Banks, Dreher, Ferguson, Kirby, Pierrick, Woods and Mitchell, thats the future.

Great servants but time to say bye to the high earners who are to old. Dann, Hennessy, Sakho, Townsend, Van Aanolt, Whickham and Tekkies. Batts going back.

Cahill not sure, plays either great or Awful .

A new manager with new ideas, Roy has kept us up and balanced the books, but time to bring in the kids, and play with Flair

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Mar 21 9.38am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I hope you are right but some f the youngsters on loan are not setting the world alight.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 03 Mar 21 9.42am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by brides

Time for Banks, Dreher, Ferguson, Kirby, Pierrick, Woods and Mitchell, thats the future.

Pierrick is on loan to Kilmarnock and can't even get into their matchday squad whilst Banks and Kirby are likewise struggling to get playing time with lower league clubs yet you expect them to be the backbone of a successful Premier League club.

Ferguson - we have no idea whether or not he is up to it as he could well be another Jaroslav Jach for all we know

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View esox lucius's Profile esox lucius Flag Deal 03 Mar 21 9.45am Send a Private Message to esox lucius Add esox lucius as a friend

We certainly need younger players that’s for sure, whether Roy is still in charge or not. iIf we try and grind another season out of the current squad it can only spell big problems.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 03 Mar 21 9.51am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


Sam Woods got a red card in his debut for Plymouth on Tuesday.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 03 Mar 21 10.49am Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by brides

I am hoping for a new look team for next season, Roy's has stuck with experienced older players, which has served us well, when ever a player breaks into the team they are hungry and give 100% every game.

Time for Banks, Dreher, Ferguson, Kirby, Pierrick, Woods and Mitchell, thats the future.

Great servants but time to say bye to the high earners who are to old. Dann, Hennessy, Sakho, Townsend, Van Aanolt, Whickham and Tekkies. Batts going back.

Cahill not sure, plays either great or Awful .

A new manager with new ideas, Roy has kept us up and balanced the books, but time to bring in the kids, and play with Flair

Happy with a small clear out and some new blood, but there's no doubt in my mind that (Banks+Dreher+Ferguson+Kirby+Pierrick+Woods+Mitchell)-(Dann-Hennessy-Sakho-Townsend-Van Aanholt-Whickham-Benteke-Batshuyi) = Relegation. And a massive,
humiliating, painful one at that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 05 Mar 21 10.41am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Problem is the kids are not good enough based on where they are playing on loan.

We have this ongoing myth we are producing a bunch of PL players from our academy and we are not, the very occasional diamond but few and far between.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 05 Mar 21 1.27pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Problem is the kids are not good enough based on where they are playing on loan.

We have this ongoing myth we are producing a bunch of PL players from our academy and we are not, the very occasional diamond but few and far between.


True of those in the U23s who were with us before the Academy upgrade. New signings in the last year show more promise and with Luke Dreher back from his horrendous injury there might be two or three who could step up in the next year or so.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 05 Mar 21 2.36pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


Sam Woods got a red card in his debut for Plymouth on Tuesday.

Thank you McWillo

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 05 Mar 21 2.42pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

Thank you McWillo


You are more than welcome Senor Jimenez - I’d just read it about 10 minutes before posting. If it had been 20 minutes I wouldn’t have remembered.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 05 Mar 21 3.56pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Pierrick is on loan to Kilmarnock and can't even get into their matchday squad whilst Banks and Kirby are likewise struggling to get playing time with lower league clubs yet you expect them to be the backbone of a successful Premier League club.

Ferguson - we have no idea whether or not he is up to it as he could well be another Jaroslav Jach for all we know

have to agree. Whilst some players can be late developers - Southgate was 22 before he had any real impact (and then was captain at 23!) it is a worry that players like Kirby can't get a game for an average 2nd div side.
He's an ex England u17 international and was loaned to Blackpool 2 years ago (in div 1). Whilst mainly used as a sub i believe this loan was reasonably successful. 2 years on it appears he's gone backwards. I know the lad's had injuries but it does appear that his development has stalled.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steven_t92's Profile steven_t92 Flag Orpington 05 Mar 21 4.42pm Send a Private Message to steven_t92 Add steven_t92 as a friend

Originally posted by brides

I am hoping for a new look team for next season, Roy's has stuck with experienced older players, which has served us well, when ever a player breaks into the team they are hungry and give 100% every game.

Time for Banks, Dreher, Ferguson, Kirby, Pierrick, Woods and Mitchell, thats the future.

Great servants but time to say bye to the high earners who are to old. Dann, Hennessy, Sakho, Townsend, Van Aanolt, Whickham and Tekkies. Batts going back.

Cahill not sure, plays either great or Awful .

A new manager with new ideas, Roy has kept us up and balanced the books, but time to bring in the kids, and play with Flair

Our youth are crap, the ones on loan aren't playing well and the ones still with us are stuck in the U23s for a reason. Playing youth is something you do when you have someone genuinely good enough (jury still out on Mitchell).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Could be exciting for 2021/2022 ?