You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs. West Brom match thread
May 16 2021 7.04am

Crystal Palace vs. West Brom match thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 21 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Chaos's Profile Chaos Flag 13 Mar 21 7.58pm Send a Private Message to Chaos Add Chaos as a friend

Originally posted by Croydon-Trucker


Everyone has an oppinion thats why it caled a discussion forun , unfortunatly not all the same as yours . Your suooprters ??? Bit of a god complex going on .

I am god. Entropy wins all. All ends in Chaos.

I do not mind the occasional downbeat opinion. But reading this forum it gives an opinion that we are circling the drain, which we are not. Some positivity would do great.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 13 Mar 21 8.00pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

There are a lot of people on here who really need to wise up. Do you just think because of where WBA sit in the table that we are just going to beat them 10 nil?

We have not got dragged into a relegation scrap by being clever enough to play the boring football that we are playing and it works because we are 11th in the table. Newcastle will do exactly the same and they will get enough points which will leave it to the amazing sides of Fulham and Brighton to scrap it at the bottom. There is a reason they are down there, it is because they both have naive, inexperienced managers who have no idea when to shut up shop.

Up the Palace and King Roy of Croydon.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chaos's Profile Chaos Flag 13 Mar 21 8.00pm Send a Private Message to Chaos Add Chaos as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

No, the point I was making is that any win is decent and West Brom aren't as easy to beat as people suggest. Like you I admire what Roy has done but I think you should fvck off now to be honest.

To be fair, that did not come off from your post. But I agree, I should f*** off... alas, I will not.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chaos's Profile Chaos Flag 13 Mar 21 8.02pm Send a Private Message to Chaos Add Chaos as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

There are a lot of people on here who really need to wise up. Do you just think because of where WBA sit in the table that we are just going to beat them 10 nil?

We have not got dragged into a relegation scrap by being clever enough to play the boring football that we are playing and it works because we are 11th in the table. Newcastle will do exactly the same and they will get enough points which will leave it to the amazing sides of Fulham and Brighton to scrap it at the bottom. There is a reason they are down there, it is because they both have naive, inexperienced managers who have no idea when to shut up shop.

Up the Palace and King Roy of Croydon.

Hear hear!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 13 Mar 21 8.03pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Chaos

To be fair, that did not come off from your post. But I agree, I should f*** off... alas, I will not.

No probs. I agree about the continuous negativity.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chaos's Profile Chaos Flag 13 Mar 21 8.04pm Send a Private Message to Chaos Add Chaos as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

No probs. I agree about the continuous negativity.

I feel like I am repeating myself, but hear hear!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View midlandspalace's Profile midlandspalace Flag kidderminster 13 Mar 21 8.12pm Send a Private Message to midlandspalace Add midlandspalace as a friend

This is a really odd season, for reasons we all know, and very few teams are showing any consistency at all. Amongst the top teams Liverpool have lost 6 in a row at home, Everton keep losing at home, Leicester have many more points away than at home, Chelsea had a bad run and Lampard got sacked. The current form team in the division (after Manchester City) are Fulham and yet they are in the bottom three.

Our squad is old, and yet we are having to play more frequently than usual. The consistency of our oldest player, Cahill, is nothing short of amazing, a free transfer incredibly.

We have had more injuries than any other team in the division for many weeks now.

Despite all this we have more points after 29 games than we have had in the top flight since 1990/91, and next season will be our ninth, yes ninth, successive season in the top flight. All this with making a net profit on transfers over the last three seasons.

Well done Roy!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Flag Storrington 13 Mar 21 8.23pm Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

Highlights for MOTD? No doubts: the downpour obviously. The penalty might just squeeze in the final 30 seconds.

 


My dad made me a Palace fan. Never forgiven him.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chaos's Profile Chaos Flag 13 Mar 21 8.24pm Send a Private Message to Chaos Add Chaos as a friend

Originally posted by midlandspalace

This is a really odd season, for reasons we all know, and very few teams are showing any consistency at all. Amongst the top teams Liverpool have lost 6 in a row at home, Everton keep losing at home, Leicester have many more points away than at home, Chelsea had a bad run and Lampard got sacked. The current form team in the division (after Manchester City) are Fulham and yet they are in the bottom three.

Our squad is old, and yet we are having to play more frequently than usual. The consistency of our oldest player, Cahill, is nothing short of amazing, a free transfer incredibly.

We have had more injuries than any other team in the division for many weeks now.

Despite all this we have more points after 29 games than we have had in the top flight since 1990/91, and next season will be our ninth, yes ninth, successive season in the top flight. All this with making a net profit on transfers over the last three seasons.

Well done Roy!

This. This should be the topic. I understand the drive to be better. I understand wanting to be in Europe. But none of that comes without the building work in the club in whole. We are having a fantastic season considering our financial position. The continuity in Premier League is vital.

It is not about the entertainment value, our Portsmouths and Sunderlands will tell us that this is not the way.

It is fine to be mid-table.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 13 Mar 21 8.26pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

He did but spent a fair bit of the game throwing himself on the floor and blinked when he had a couple of decent chances.

I've not made a habit of watching West Brom this season but Efan Ekoku suggested he'd been wasteful in a few of their games.

I thought he played quite well at times. He's a quality midfielder, which is what we are short of. If he's truly 9mm then I think it's totally worth a gamble on him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chaos's Profile Chaos Flag 13 Mar 21 8.27pm Send a Private Message to Chaos Add Chaos as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

Highlights for MOTD? No doubts: the downpour obviously. The penalty might just squeeze in the final 30 seconds.

Jesus, who gives a flying intercourse about MOTD? We got a win.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 13 Mar 21 8.36pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

I'd say we were worthy winners today. Their keeper made two or three good saves to keep out luka (though we got the penalty in the same move) and Benteke in the second half. Giauita didn't really have a save to make.

If the Benteke shot (second half, left foot) goes in, the game is dead already and we maybe get a third as they over commit after, but we were never under pressure really.

Ifs and maybes could be applied to almost every game this season.

IF we stopped trying to play tippy-tappy football and started to spread the play a bit, MAYBE we wouldn't concede possession as much as we do. That would MAYBE lead to more goals and more excitement, but in order to do that we need a change of coach.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 21 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs. West Brom match thread