You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Mathematically Safe !
April 16 2021 12.37pm

Mathematically Safe !

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 05 Apr 21 8.03pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Fulham/Newcastle would need to get ten snookers to catch us. And also us to play like The Faroe Islands for the rest of the season.


How many teams have been relegated from 38 points ?


Well done Roy and the boys !!


[Link]

Edited by PalazioVecchio (06 Apr 2021 1.22am)

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View merganser's Profile merganser Flag 05 Apr 21 8.09pm Send a Private Message to merganser Add merganser as a friend

That’s not ‘mathematically’ safe. It’s only probably safe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 05 Apr 21 8.16pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Sorry, but this is a typical Palace mindset thread. Celebrating not going down. If Parish is that typical fan, we might as well just ever give up hope of actually achieving anything.

We've been in this league for the best part of a decade. A change of attitude is needed. Perhaps aim to finish top 8, or go for a cup ?

I hope a new manager has some ambition.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 05 Apr 21 8.23pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

Sorry, but this is a typical Palace mindset thread. Celebrating not going down. If Parish is that typical fan, we might as well just ever give up hope of actually achieving anything.

We've been in this league for the best part of a decade. A change of attitude is needed. Perhaps aim to finish top 8, or go for a cup ?

I hope a new manager has some ambition.

go for a cup best bet.
I'd take that.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 05 Apr 21 8.33pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

Firstly we are not 'mathematically safe.' Secondly why celebrate another year of mediocracy? Is that the extent of our ambition?

We have been in the top division now for more than enough years to establish ourselves there, we have a Premier league wage bill yet still struggle season upon season with a fan base that includes many who view simply staying up as a great success.

Add to that poor recruitment an aging overpaid squad and a desperate need to rebuild when of appearances are to be believed we have little or no money and owners who either cannot or will not invest I am not sure we have much to shout about.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 05 Apr 21 8.33pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by kingdowieonthewall

go for a cup best bet.
I'd take that.

In all honesty I'd take that as well Bob. What I can't take is celebrating avoiding relegation as if it's some sort of trophy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 05 Apr 21 9.17pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

What I can't take is celebrating avoiding relegation as if it's some sort of trophy.

well we are 34th in this list. The Sunderland stadium holds nearly 50,000 people and they are down in League One.

And you want us playing in the Champions League ?

[Link]

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 05 Apr 21 9.34pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

well we are 34th in this list. The Sunderland stadium holds nearly 50,000 people and they are down in League One.

And you want us playing in the Champions League ?

[Link]

I don't think even the most optimistic of fan would expect that, but I agree with the lads that we should be aiming a bit higher than being knocked out of the Carabao cup in the 3rd round on Penalties to Rochdale & putting out a virtual second string in an FA Cup tie just so we can limp over the line in the EPL come April

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 05 Apr 21 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

Sorry, but this is a typical Palace mindset thread. Celebrating not going down. If Parish is that typical fan, we might as well just ever give up hope of actually achieving anything.

We've been in this league for the best part of a decade. A change of attitude is needed. Perhaps aim to finish top 8, or go for a cup ?

I hope a new manager has some ambition.

PalazioVecchio is not our manager.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 05 Apr 21 9.42pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

Firstly we are not 'mathematically safe.' Secondly why celebrate another year of mediocracy? Is that the extent of our ambition?

We have been in the top division now for more than enough years to establish ourselves there, we have a Premier league wage bill yet still struggle season upon season with a fan base that includes many who view simply staying up as a great success.

Add to that poor recruitment an aging overpaid squad and a desperate need to rebuild when of appearances are to be believed we have little or no money and owners who either cannot or will not invest I am not sure we have much to shout about.

Think you'll find we don't look downwards any more, we haven't been involved in any relegation situation for a number of seasons now, don't understand your problem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 05 Apr 21 9.52pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Staying up for a ninth year is not mediocrity, its a fine achievement which the club has waited over a century for, obtained through a little luck but a lot more hard work, realism and professional expertise. Leaving aside any reservations about the style of play, the long term results are plainly excellent.

To those asking for more 'ambition', I can only refer you once again to the irrefutable correlation between budget and league position. We are, as a plain matter of fact, comfortably outside the top ten economically. If you have a method for bridging that gap then congratulations, you are a genius, and probably going to be very rich, because nobody else has been able to crack that little riddle.

To those who persist with the argument that after six/seven/eight seasons we should be looking to 'kick on to the next level', I can only suggest a closer look at how the finances actually work. We could stay in the league for twenty years but if we are the fourteenth or fifteenth richest club for each of those twenty years then our length of stay is irrelevant.

This is a fine achievement. The fact that it is frequently awful to watch is another matter altogether.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 05 Apr 21 9.55pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

Staying up for a ninth year is not mediocrity, its a fine achievement which the club has waited over a century for, obtained through a little luck but a lot more hard work, realism and professional expertise. Leaving aside any reservations about the style of play, the long term results are plainly excellent.

To those asking for more 'ambition', I can only refer you once again to the irrefutable correlation between budget and league position. We are, as a plain matter of fact, comfortably outside the top ten economically. If you have a method for bridging that gap then congratulations, you are a genius, and probably going to be very rich, because nobody else has been able to crack that little riddle.

To those who persist with the argument that after six/seven/eight seasons we should be looking to 'kick on to the next level', I can only suggest a closer look at how the finances actually work. We could stay in the league for twenty years but if we are the fourteenth or fifteenth richest club for each of those twenty years then our length of stay is irrelevant.

This is a fine achievement. The fact that it is frequently awful to watch is another matter altogether.


Agreed, and it was nice that tonight's game wasn't a hard watch

Edited by doombear (05 Apr 2021 9.57pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Mathematically Safe !