You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > PCR test cost
May 10 2021 5.26am

PCR test cost

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

 

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Apr 21 9.54am Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

After a year of lockdown and covid, in which might i say Boris and the conservative government have done a stirling job, up front, decisive, cost saving for the tax payer, and no cronyism that governments,(especially the opposition), usually love, carving up tax payers money in to their own pockets, a nest egg for the great grandchildren perhaps? There was a professor on vaccines on the radio this morning, he said the cost of the ppr test is about 2-3, and adding the staff cost said we, the conservatives, could be knocking them out for between 10-15, with a healthy profit, a tax on the worker bees of great britain who choose to go on holiday abroad perhaps? Nothing wrong with profit, but 10-15 would deliver a healthy one all the same. The thing is,some idiot in our great conservative government, (not anyone higher than a junior minister i imagine), has costed these tests at between 100-150 each, obviously forgot where to put the decimal point! So a family of 4, maybe nhs workers with 2 kids who have been on the front line all year and saved our great pm"s life, will have to pay between 400-600 to get tested on return from a green gateway holiday(all safe), instead of 40-60, Obviously this is an error by a very junior staff member who will probably have to go, nothing to do with anyone above that grade, but thought it should be mentioned in case anyone here knows someone close to our great leader who obviously has no idea of this slight error in pricing. I would just like to thank boris and jacob once more for an outstanding job, as i "m sure we ALL agree!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 Apr 21 10.02am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I agree that the costs as they stand are way too expensive for the average tourist.

Let's see what the government announces they may just go for lateral flow tests or the government may reduce the cost of PPR.

The concern for me is that if you are correct people may decide to wing it when they arrive home which will lead to the inevitable rows at border control and delays for all of us at the airport.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Apr 21 1.12pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I agree that the costs as they stand are way too expensive for the average tourist.

Let's see what the government announces they may just go for lateral flow tests or the government may reduce the cost of PPR.

The concern for me is that if you are correct people may decide to wing it when they arrive home which will lead to the inevitable rows at border control and delays for all of us at the airport.


Yes. have to agree mate, I think public opinion will have to see costs fall, and dramatically.This is for people who can"t afford a stay at home holiday in devon or the lakes, 57 for a cream tea, as micky flanaghan once said, this is for people who can only afford a couple of weeks in portugal or spain, instead of a costly cream tea at home.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 Apr 21 1.13pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


Yes. have to agree mate, I think public opinion will have to see costs fall, and dramatically.This is for people who can"t afford a stay at home holiday in devon or the lakes, 57 for a cream tea, as micky flanaghan once said, this is for people who can only afford a couple of weeks in portugal or spain, instead of a costly cream tea at home.

Tell me about it plenty of stories that prices have quadrupled in the UK for this summer.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Apr 21 1.42pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Tell me about it plenty of stories that prices have quadrupled in the UK for this summer.

Yes, see you at the airport mate!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 09 Apr 21 5.22pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

It cost me and the missus 40 each for our pre flight test when we came home from Tenerife 2 weeks ago. We then had to pay 175.00 each for 2nd day and 8th day quarantine tests. The missus got her results which were negative, I got neither of mine. Talk about rip off Britain, its bad enough having to fork out 175.00 but to then get absolutely nothing back is borderline criminal.

This has to be the biggest money spinner going.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Apr 21 5.31pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

It cost me and the missus 40 each for our pre flight test when we came home from Tenerife 2 weeks ago. We then had to pay 175.00 each for 2nd day and 8th day quarantine tests. The missus got her results which were negative, I got neither of mine. Talk about rip off Britain, its bad enough having to fork out 175.00 but to then get absolutely nothing back is borderline criminal.

This has to be the biggest money spinner going.

Money spinner indeed! Just don"t blame the government, it doesn"t go down to well on here, it must have been an outside agency worker doing the figures, inflating by 1000%, the actual cost including staff wages should be about 10-15 according to a vaccine professor today! In time, you may get an apology but not a personal one, you can feel satisfied the said agency worker no longer helps out hmg, but unfortunately you can"t have a refund!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Flag 10 Apr 21 12.07pm Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Flew into Cyprus yesterday and a full PCR test at Larnaca airport is 30.

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 10 Apr 21 1.02pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

May be a good idea if a mod can adjust the title to PCR.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 10 Apr 21 4.06pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

May be a good idea if a mod can adjust the title to PCR.

Did ask them yesterday within an hour of posting but alas nothing happened.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 10 Apr 21 4.08pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Orange1290

Flew into Cyprus yesterday and a full PCR test at Larnaca airport is 30.

Thats 5 times cheaper than the top estimate from uk, if they need advice how to get the cost down maybe they should ask the Cypriot embassy to help, saving their own citizens much needed cash in these hard times, thats if they really care!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 10 Apr 21 4.25pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Thats 5 times cheaper than the top estimate from uk, if they need advice how to get the cost down maybe they should ask the Cypriot embassy to help, saving their own citizens much needed cash in these hard times, thats if they really care!

I reckon 400 billion makes your question a bit mute. The most generous help given to its citizens compared to almost every other nation. Purchasing millions of vaccines in the hope it will keep its citizens safe including you and yours. The answer is dont go abroad unless you have to. There is a difference between want and need. Do you not think there is a bit of physcology in play here. The UK isn't desperate for tourists like Cyprus so of course it will be cheaper. Have you considered the Maltese people may be having to pay towards cheaper teats because the government want to attract said tourists. I reckon hmg cares for you and your ma a bit more than you wish to admit to but it doesn't fit your teeth knashing hate of the government.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > PCR test cost