You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Mitchell Extension to 2025
August 2 2021 11.45pm

Mitchell Extension to 2025

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 2 ę First< 1 2

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 14 Apr 21 1.31am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by steven_t92

Quality player and glad we're investing in our own youth players!

Is he though? Seems like a great kid, eager to learn. But currently I see no quality about him. He does just about enough defensively each game, while offering very little going forward. If he wasn't a recent palace graduate academy, would we look at signing him? Not sure.

Adequate cover, but I think he either needs to improve a lot, or we need PVA cover.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 14 Apr 21 6.08am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Is he though? Seems like a great kid, eager to learn. But currently I see no quality about him. He does just about enough defensively each game, while offering very little going forward. If he wasn't a recent palace graduate academy, would we look at signing him? Not sure.

Adequate cover, but I think he either needs to improve a lot, or we need PVA cover.

I agree with this. Left back is definitely a position that we need an upgrade. We basically need a whole new defence.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 14 Apr 21 10.26am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

I agree with this. Left back is definitely a position that we need an upgrade. We basically need a whole new defence.


But we are unlikely to buy a whole defence. As I've said elsewhere on several occasions, I see Hannam as our future LB in due course. He's good defensively and offensively - it was he who provided the 2 crosses for the 2 goals that Mateta scored for the U23s on Monday. I think the U18 LB looks promising as well so I don't see a need to go out and buy a LB if PvA does leave this summer. The main thing is Mitchell has extended his contract so we have an adequate LB for next season with promising cover

Assuming we get Ferguson up and running for next season and he's decent he might fill one of the CB places (purportedly can play there as well as at full back). IMO we'll do well to get more than 1 new defender in this window.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View General's Profile General Flag 14 Apr 21 8.15pm Send a Private Message to General Add General as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Is he though? Seems like a great kid, eager to learn. But currently I see no quality about him. He does just about enough defensively each game, while offering very little going forward. If he wasn't a recent palace graduate academy, would we look at signing him? Not sure.

Adequate cover, but I think he either needs to improve a lot, or we need PVA cover.

Is this the PVA guy that literally went walkabout for about 10 full seconds then Chelsea scored. Check it out itís funny. And the same PVA that does not seem to concentrate defensively for 90 minutes, which is kind of required when playing for Palace in defence.

Mitchell will be a perfectly fine LB for us for years if we play him.
I canít believe youíve said no quality.

Off my head if you watch the first goal v Fulham we scored. Mitchell played a beautiful pass to Zaha. And I canít be bothered to think about more but I know heís played many a one two or made god runs and can clearly kick a ball properly.

No quality haha funny.

Happy to eat my words if heís not good, but we ainít spending £10 million on a LB anytime soon!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 14 Apr 21 9.10pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by General

Is this the PVA guy that literally went walkabout for about 10 full seconds then Chelsea scored. Check it out itís funny. And the same PVA that does not seem to concentrate defensively for 90 minutes, which is kind of required when playing for Palace in defence.

Mitchell will be a perfectly fine LB for us for years if we play him.
I canít believe youíve said no quality.

Off my head if you watch the first goal v Fulham we scored. Mitchell played a beautiful pass to Zaha. And I canít be bothered to think about more but I know heís played many a one two or made god runs and can clearly kick a ball properly.

No quality haha funny.

Happy to eat my words if heís not good, but we ainít spending £10 million on a LB anytime soon!

Fair enough mate, no need to be sarcy. All about opinions. I just aint seen much from him. If you have and I'm mistaken, well that's awesome.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 2 ę First< 1 2

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Mitchell Extension to 2025