You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leicester City v Crystal Palace Match Thread
August 2 2021 8.24pm

Leicester City v Crystal Palace Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 26 Apr 21 11.28pm Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Luka’s a big lad and his legs have gone. Same with Sakho and Dann Don’t think there’s much more to it.

Luka has never had the legs. He plays he’s best football as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four with two central midfielders either side of him. Hodgson doesn’t play that way anymore which confuses me as our ageing back four need that protection. I guess he is trying to play a more attacking style but without the right players it won’t work. Hence why we have had a lot of high score defeats against better opposition and some very fortunate results to give us 38 points this season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 26 Apr 21 11.38pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Add to this list Cahill and Ward.

To be fair to Ward he lost his place to Wan Bissaka three years ago and probably wouldn’t be playing if Ferguson was fit. Clyne’s defending of the penalty area particularly aerially has come up short IMO.

I would be inclined to keep Cahilll although maintaining match fitness due to niggling injuries becomes more difficult at his age.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Apr 21 11.45pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

To be fair to Ward he lost his place to Wan Bissaka three years ago and probably wouldn’t be playing if Ferguson was fit. Clyne’s defending of the penalty area particularly aerially has come up short IMO.

I would be inclined to keep Cahilll although maintaining match fitness due to niggling injuries becomes more difficult at his age.

This was a ridiculous signing seeing as Ward was not at the peak of his powers and Ferguson was signed with a long-term injury.We then signed Clyne who hadn't played for an entire season.Ward has been a great servant but he is a weakness and struggles at this level.

Edited by Willo (26 Apr 2021 11.47pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 26 Apr 21 11.50pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Hi

Originally posted by palace chick

Luka has never had the legs. He plays he’s best football as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four with two central midfielders either side of him. Hodgson doesn’t play that way anymore which confuses me as our ageing back four need that protection. I guess he is trying to play a more attacking style but without the right players it won’t work. Hence why we have had a lot of high score defeats against better opposition and some very fortunate results to give us 38 points this season.

I don’t agree. He was already one paced and now he’s even slower.
We should have taken something from the game tonight irrespective.

With regard to Roy’s team selection I don’t think there’s much in it between most of the players or whatever formation we use and don’t get the constant 20/20 hindsight and social media meltdown every time a team is announced or we lose. Tonight was on Riedewald and Benteke.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Apr 21 11.56pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Hi

I don’t agree. He was already one paced and now he’s even slower.
We should have taken something from the game tonight irrespective.

With regard to Roy’s team selection I don’t think there’s much in it between most of the players or whatever formation we use and don’t get the constant 20/20 hindsight and social media meltdown every time a team is announced or we lose. Tonight was on Riedewald and Benteke.

The defending for both goals left a lot to be desired.

This season only 3 teams have conceded more goals in the PL.

Edited by Willo (27 Apr 2021 12.00am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 27 Apr 21 12.03am Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The defending for both goals left a lot to be desired.

True but their finishing was somewhat better than ours. You always had the feeling their quality would tell when we didn’t put our chances away.

They lashed their goals in. We’re trying to pass one on one with keeper or head it at him from six yards.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 27 Apr 21 12.11am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

True but their finishing was somewhat better than ours. You always had the feeling their quality would tell when we didn’t put our chances away.

They lashed their goals in. We’re trying to pass one on one with keeper or head it at him from six yards.

We scored a good goal but looking at the whole game I think Schmeichel was only called upon from an effort directed at him.He was hardly called upon at all.We had 2 shots on target one of which was the goal.
Leicester had good chances to score a couple more.

Edited by Willo (27 Apr 2021 12.24am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT Charlie's Profile CT Charlie Flag 27 Apr 21 1.56am Send a Private Message to CT Charlie Add CT Charlie as a friend

Am I the only one who longs for the days (not many of them) when Clyne and Mitchell were defending the wings? They added little in attack or countering, but they managed to keep themselves between their men and the goal virtually all the time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE's Profile CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Flag bloomfield 27 Apr 21 2.55am Send a Private Message to CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Add CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Maybe when Sam signed him we didn't play the style we do now. That's the type of style he performs in.
If you put salah or sterling in our side and played royball they would be crap as well. A player doesn't get to be a worse player unless drastic changes happen around them. Likewise put luka in an attacking side like Everton and he would shine for sure.

Agreed. Roy is perfectly qualified at making anyone play poop. Messi, Ronaldo, you me included. And SP wouldnt even bat an eyelid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 27 Apr 21 4.30am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Wonder what line-up Roy H.present for our next game? Same old, same old with Man City having a field day at Selhurst Park, I guess....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Therealeaglestilidie's Profile Therealeaglestilidie Flag 27 Apr 21 5.53am Send a Private Message to Therealeaglestilidie Add Therealeaglestilidie as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Wonder what line-up Roy H.present for our next game? Same old, same old with Man City having a field day at Selhurst Park, I guess....

You said it "same old, same old.

I have watched last nights performance time and again and then Roy trotting out the same old excuse "we were undone by a wonder strike".

As Gary Neville said last week "enough is enough"

 


I'm so Palace I don't even know it

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 27 Apr 21 6.01am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Wonder what line-up Roy H.present for our next game? Same old, same old with Man City having a field day at Selhurst Park, I guess....

Guess what subs he will make and when! Leicester did not look comfortable the few times we ran at them, why not bring Mateta/Bats on

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Leicester City v Crystal Palace Match Thread