You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Military coup in France?
May 10 2021 5.23am

Military coup in France?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 28 Apr 21 7.05pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Madame Le Pen supports the 20 ex-officers?


She does. And, if my translation is correct which I accept might not be 100%%, given there were 1000 signatures, all of whom are military personnel, then she is also supporting the 980 currently serving.

A serious amount of people willing to put their careers on the line.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 29 Apr 21 11.20am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I almost feel sorry for French people these days. Almost.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 29 Apr 21 2.21pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I almost feel sorry for French people these days. Almost.


I'm glad you said almost.

Most of them hate us and have still got the hump about Agincourt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 29 Apr 21 2.29pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412


I'm glad you said almost.

Most of them hate us and have still got the hump about Agincourt.

What I find best is still hating the English despite being saved from Germany by England twice. And they cosy up to Germany. You couldn't make it up.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 29 Apr 21 3.52pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

What I find best is still hating the English despite being saved from Germany by England twice. And they cosy up to Germany. You couldn't make it up.

TBF, a bit more than 'England' was involved in the two world wars against Germany and its allies.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 29 Apr 21 4.02pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by YT

TBF, a bit more than 'England' was involved in the two world wars against Germany and its allies.

Britain was on it's own for two years and was the country that housed and funded De Gaulle and supplied and funded the very limited French resistance. I won't be saying France saved themselves, they couldn't wrestle a Barbie doll. As for Russia not sure what they did for France. Hollywood may be all American but it's BS when you consider it.
The reason I said England was that it's how the French view it. Not trying to put down the rest of Britain and the Empire.

Edited by ASCPFC (29 Apr 2021 4.03pm)

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 29 Apr 21 6.11pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

in World History the French have often been bullies.

And when plan A failed, the French behaved like Cowards.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 29 Apr 21 6.38pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Britain was on it's own for two years and was the country that housed and funded De Gaulle and supplied and funded the very limited French resistance. I won't be saying France saved themselves, they couldn't wrestle a Barbie doll. As for Russia not sure what they did for France. Hollywood may be all American but it's BS when you consider it.
The reason I said England was that it's how the French view it. Not trying to put down the rest of Britain and the Empire.

Edited by ASCPFC (29 Apr 2021 4.03pm)

Wash your mouth out.
Empire bad remember, caused all the world's ills

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 29 Apr 21 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

When all else fails the French blame England as Macron has been doing for the last few years.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 29 Apr 21 6.53pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Britain was on it's own for two years and was the country that housed and funded De Gaulle and supplied and funded the very limited French resistance. I won't be saying France saved themselves, they couldn't wrestle a Barbie doll. As for Russia not sure what they did for France. Hollywood may be all American but it's BS when you consider it.
The reason I said England was that it's how the French view it. Not trying to put down the rest of Britain and the Empire.

Edited by ASCPFC (29 Apr 2021 4.03pm)

Eastern front on their own?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 29 Apr 21 6.53pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

I confess to being somewhat of an outlier when it comes to France. Adore the food, love the vintage cars (I know, I know), believe it has the most incredible range of countryside in the world, relish its cinema & art and believe it second only to Britain when it comes to literary genius.

The French themselves, I can perhaps struggle with on occasion but vive la différence!

And our fates are intertwined. If France falls, then we are next. And if it does descend into open civil strife, then the sides we pick have the potential to define us for the rest of our lives. It would be the rubicon moment for us in so, so many ways.

Also let's not forget that we have some shame to feel. In recent memory, we gave refuge to a range of people who were actively supporting attacks on the French Metro and so on. And only when we started being on the end of similar attacks, did we change our stance.

I loath Macron with a passion and see him as the epitome of the globalist shadow but watching those Yellow Jackets protest and take a definite stand, made me wish we could perhaps emulate our French cousins a tad more than we do.

Frances fight is our fight. Ditto with people in Germany, Holland and so on. If there is one single regret I have over Brexit and it is the strains it has put on security co-operation. The scum who shoot up concerts in Paris and who drive trucks into people at Christmas fairs in Berlin are the same scum who blow up kids and parents at pop concerts in Manchester. And supported by similar left-wing fifth columnists as well.

Edited by Matov (29 Apr 2021 6.56pm)

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 29 Apr 21 7.10pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

I confess to being somewhat of an outlier when it comes to France. Adore the food, love the vintage cars (I know, I know), believe it has the most incredible range of countryside in the world, relish its cinema & art and believe it second only to Britain when it comes to literary genius.

The French themselves, I can perhaps struggle with on occasion but vive la différence!

And our fates are intertwined. If France falls, then we are next. And if it does descend into open civil strife, then the sides we pick have the potential to define us for the rest of our lives. It would be the rubicon moment for us in so, so many ways.

Also let's not forget that we have some shame to feel. In recent memory, we gave refuge to a range of people who were actively supporting attacks on the French Metro and so on. And only when we started being on the end of similar attacks, did we change our stance.

I loath Macron with a passion and see him as the epitome of the globalist shadow but watching those Yellow Jackets protest and take a definite stand, made me wish we could perhaps emulate our French cousins a tad more than we do.

Frances fight is our fight. Ditto with people in Germany, Holland and so on. If there is one single regret I have over Brexit and it is the strains it has put on security co-operation. The scum who shoot up concerts in Paris and who drive trucks into people at Christmas fairs in Berlin are the same scum who blow up kids and parents at pop concerts in Manchester. And supported by similar left-wing fifth columnists as well.

Edited by Matov (29 Apr 2021 6.56pm)

Agreed and that is purely of the EU's doing. There is no reason why security co-operation could not continue post Brexit especially as they are cutting themselves off from one of the best intelligence gathering operations in the world.

Talk about cutting off your nose....

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Military coup in France?