You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Nathan Ferguson
October 27 2021 3.02pm

Nathan Ferguson

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Harpo's Profile Harpo Flag Oxfordshire 24 May 21 7.02pm Send a Private Message to Harpo Add Harpo as a friend

How can the medics be at fault?
It's like saying the AA is at fault because your car breaks down.
If I constantly red-line my engine, it's no surprise if it breaks down.

It's the coaching regime that's at fault. They need to understand where a players stress levels are - they're all different, and tune training to somewhere between 2% and 3% beneath that threshold.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View deetee's Profile deetee Flag 24 May 21 7.05pm Send a Private Message to deetee Add deetee as a friend

Been paying him for the whole season without a minute on the pitch, what a joke. Should never sign injured players - bad move Palace.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BM's Profile BM Flag 24 May 21 7.26pm Send a Private Message to BM Add BM as a friend

Originally posted by Harpo

These injuries are NOT coincidental. There is an underlying issue that demands to be addressed, and it's costing the club a considerable amount of money.

Now, with such an obvious and visible cost, it must be the responsibility of those who invest in the club to rectify the situation.

So, if you the investors are reading this, what do you propose to do about it?

My guess is you neither read the forums, nor care sufficiently enough to rid the club of this plague.

The next 12 months will illustrate perfectly your chosen stance.

How do you know they are not coincidental?


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 24 May 21 7.44pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

To lose one player to an Achilles injury in training is unfortunate. To lose two, in the space of a week, sounds like carelessness.

This...
Yes it's an extremely serious injury but it's also an extremely rare injury... I'm sorry but 2 players suffering it within a week???.... Something not right.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 24 May 21 8.15pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

This...
Yes it's an extremely serious injury but it's also an extremely rare injury... I'm sorry but 2 players suffering it within a week???.... Something not right.

If anyone can enlighten me as to what on earth one could possibly do that exposes the achilles to undue risk then I might be persuaded, but my understanding is that it can happen to you when running, which is hardly an irresponsible thing to ask professional footballers to do in training.

We could wrap all the players up in cotton wool during the week to protect them of course, but then we'd complain that they were unfit or not tactically organised enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 24 May 21 9.25pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

gutted for the kid...wba fans i know rate him so highly.

luckily we got ward, and i assume clyne to cover next year.

 


ĎFootball isnít instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.í Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 24 May 21 10.04pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

The only positive about the N Ferguson saga is we donít know what we are missing as weív never seen him play for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleheath's Profile eagleheath Flag Burgess Hill 24 May 21 10.11pm Send a Private Message to eagleheath Add eagleheath as a friend

Well done to all the team tonight and Shaun Derry and all the coaching staff. Everyone played their part and the future looks bright if we get the managerial appointment right. Special mention to Reece Hannam who looks a real class act .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleheath's Profile eagleheath Flag Burgess Hill 24 May 21 10.12pm Send a Private Message to eagleheath Add eagleheath as a friend

Oops sorry wrong thread!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 25 May 21 9.15am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

If anyone can enlighten me as to what on earth one could possibly do that exposes the achilles to undue risk then I might be persuaded, but my understanding is that it can happen to you when running, which is hardly an irresponsible thing to ask professional footballers to do in training.

We could wrap all the players up in cotton wool during the week to protect them of course, but then we'd complain that they were unfit or not tactically organised enough.

Warming up correctly, warming down correctly, making sure the surfaces you work on are suitable, nutrition, supplements, general fitness, massage and physio, ice baths, the list goes on. Surely you mitigate risk of injury by ensuring you are class leaders in these areas.

Iím with the group that think we are doing something wrong because I canít believe any team can be as unfortunate as us when it comes to training injuries. Match injuries I can understand but not training.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 25 May 21 12.06pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Harpo

How can the medics be at fault?
It's like saying the AA is at fault because your car breaks down.
If I constantly red-line my engine, it's no surprise if it breaks down.

It's the coaching regime that's at fault. They need to understand where a players stress levels are - they're all different, and tune training to somewhere between 2% and 3% beneath that threshold.

And if the AA provide roadside assistance and completely bvgger it up?

I am not of course saying your second comment is wrong. I am saying that both issues could be to blame rather than coaching being an alternative issue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 25 May 21 12.10pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Warming up correctly, warming down correctly, making sure the surfaces you work on are suitable, nutrition, supplements, general fitness, massage and physio, ice baths, the list goes on. Surely you mitigate risk of injury by ensuring you are class leaders in these areas.

Iím with the group that think we are doing something wrong because I canít believe any team can be as unfortunate as us when it comes to training injuries. Match injuries I can understand but not training.

Is my guess.

It cost £millions and 2 attempts to get our playing surface right. Perhaps the same investment in the training pitch?

Saints have 7 pitches to cover all the types of playing surface in this division.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Nathan Ferguson