You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Is London losing a ton of Londoners ?
August 5 2021 4.02pm

Is London losing a ton of Londoners ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View pax3908's Profile pax3908 Flag 27 May 21 10.18pm Send a Private Message to pax3908 Add pax3908 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Mixed feelings really.

For me, London is definitely losing its vitality. Central London is still buzzing, or rather will be once again, and undoubtedly looks better than it used to do but as you move out through the zones, it becomes so much more of a mixed picture.

A good example is where my mum still lives in East Dulwich. On the face of it, then thriving. Lordship Lane is full of designer shops and bars and coffee shops. But most of the side roads are now blocked off, making it a nightmare to travel through. And where my mum lives the nice yummy mummy types are trying to get a bus-route redirected because they don't want the noise of it.

And yet down the road in Peckham, you have gang related shootings and stabbings going on next to art galleries on Peckham Rye Lane.

Its bizarre. Schizophrenic almost. Like South London on Prozac. One half of it wanting to see everything through a fuzzy prism that ignores the fact that London is a trading city that is meant to be busy and noisy whilst the other half are being submerged into an alternative reality in which they are allowed to commit the most henious of crimes which nobody really wants to talk about. As long as it is black people being s*** to other black people then nobody really caring about it. Almost like nobody involved in any meaningful way expects any better of them.

London is being ruined by immigration,pure and simple,white flight is in full flow!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 May 21 11.38pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Strangely,was in Croydon high street today and the melting pot was impressive, nothing much to report other than there are lots more beggers in the past month, and street drinkers. The usual suspects are there, Romanian gang, well, couple of blokes with crutches and twisted hand out, usual ladies in doorways with cup in hand,(other half of the Romanian gang), bIack guy on spice outside west Croydon station. The thing I have noticed is there"s lots more English out there begging, white English i mean, saw one get a fiver off a lady on friday outside m an s, the cheeky cnut snatched it out of her hand and turned and on his way, there"s gratitude I thought.On the other hand, was walking behind two cracking girls, great asses, white jeans, and they were happy as anyone, chatting, laughing, and talking, in Polish. It gave me a warm chill to be honest, these young ladys have come here to start a new life I thought, good luck to them!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 28 May 21 5.52am Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Strangely,was in Croydon high street today and the melting pot was impressive, nothing much to report other than there are lots more beggers in the past month, and street drinkers. The usual suspects are there, Romanian gang, well, couple of blokes with crutches and twisted hand out, usual ladies in doorways with cup in hand,(other half of the Romanian gang), bIack guy on spice outside west Croydon station. The thing I have noticed is there"s lots more English out there begging, white English i mean, saw one get a fiver off a lady on friday outside m an s, the cheeky cnut snatched it out of her hand and turned and on his way, there"s gratitude I thought.On the other hand, was walking behind two cracking girls, great asses, white jeans, and they were happy as anyone, chatting, laughing, and talking, in Polish. It gave me a warm chill to be honest, these young ladys have come here to start a new life I thought, good luck to them!

be careful CP.
I have it on good authority the Polish women (any many other eastern euro girls) may look cracking & are willing to entertain brit. men who are not oil paintings as long as they work / own house.
HOWEVER they are top of their game at nagging & mithering, this is why the polish men work long hours, they dont wish to go home for earache!

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 28 May 21 6.34am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Commuting into London has anyone seen the size of the battersea developments and the amount of building going up in East croydon!
It doesn't look like the capital is shrinking

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Flag 28 May 21 6.59am Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

Commuting into London has anyone seen the size of the battersea developments and the amount of building going up in East croydon!
It doesn't look like the capital is shrinking

Gonna have to house the thousands that will come to the UK from India and pakistan, with the 'help' of Priti Patel!

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 28 May 21 7.11am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Sir James Hird

Moved to Australia 40 years ago from Ipswich with wife and 3 kids. Best Thing I ever did. All 3 boys happily married with 3 kids and their own homes.
Like everywhere its what you make it.
However I did leave a piece of me in London (Upper Norwood) . My heart.

Good on you Cobber ... emigrating is a tough choice and takes staying power when you think you miss "home". I did, weakened and returned. In retrospect, returning was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 May 21 8.09am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

Commuting into London has anyone seen the size of the battersea developments and the amount of building going up in East croydon!
It doesn't look like the capital is shrinking

I've walked around Battersea several times it is huge a mini city but will it be a ghost town? Mainly all apartments for the well off.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fatherken's Profile Fatherken Flag 28 May 21 9.41am Send a Private Message to Fatherken Add Fatherken as a friend

I have lived in or around Croydon all my life and see no reason to move out .
The trouble with Croydon , is what people from outside the area think Croydon is and full of crime .
Crime is no higher than other parts of London or the rest of the UK
They come to the town centre and see [ what it is ] a run down , non investment town . This is the only part I don't like .
Go out of the town centre and it is a wonderful place lots of green area's to walk , wild life and Crystal Palace FC etc .
Remember Croydon is the greenest Borough in London .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sjaeagle5's Profile sjaeagle5 Flag Wiltshire 28 May 21 10.18am Send a Private Message to sjaeagle5 Add sjaeagle5 as a friend

I moved to Wiltshire from Addiscombe nearly 3 years ago after living in the Croydon area for 40 years.
I used to work in London but got fed up with the commuting, so moved and managed to find a job in the area.
We're so glad we moved when we did as we would've been going stir crazy in the flat we were in if we'd have been there during the lockdowns.
Main reason for moving - house prices.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 May 21 10.26am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Fatherken

I have lived in or around Croydon all my life and see no reason to move out .
The trouble with Croydon , is what people from outside the area think Croydon is and full of crime .
Crime is no higher than other parts of London or the rest of the UK
They come to the town centre and see [ what it is ] a run down , non investment town . This is the only part I don't like .
Go out of the town centre and it is a wonderful place lots of green area's to walk , wild life and Crystal Palace FC etc .
Remember Croydon is the greenest Borough in London .

You are right, to a point, and so in the south of the borough itís fine for an area youíre not going to go out much. When thinking of going out to eat or civilised drinks, youíll find most people either canít think of anywhere to go or look for places away from Croydon. Beckenham on the other hand you wouldnít mind going out in all the time.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 28 May 21 10.40am

Originally posted by Fatherken

I have lived in or around Croydon all my life and see no reason to move out .
The trouble with Croydon , is what people from outside the area think Croydon is and full of crime .
Crime is no higher than other parts of London or the rest of the UK
They come to the town centre and see [ what it is ] a run down , non investment town . This is the only part I don't like .
Go out of the town centre and it is a wonderful place lots of green area's to walk , wild life and Crystal Palace FC etc .
Remember Croydon is the greenest Borough in London .

Mate you should work for the tourist board, if such thing exists.

Crime is without doubt higher than most places in the UK, absolutely no doubt.
As for wildlife, really?

I think there are two Croydons, the town and the borough. Iím sure living in parts of leafy Sanderstead is a very different experience to West Croydon.

Edited by Tom-the-eagle (28 May 2021 10.40am)

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fatherken's Profile Fatherken Flag 28 May 21 12.10pm Send a Private Message to Fatherken Add Fatherken as a friend

Pheasants , Kestrel's . Deer . Newts , all sorts of Ducks . Foxes , Badgers , Squirrels , and the list goes on

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Is London losing a ton of Londoners ?