You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha wants out... again
October 27 2021 2.40pm

Zaha wants out... again

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 03 Jun 21 4.10pm Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Originally posted by Canterbury Palace

According to multiple news outlets Wilf has told the club he wants to leave and hopes to seal a quick exit this summer.

Interesting to see what happens because unless we spend big (unlikely) the prospect of starting the season without him or Eze is terrifying.


[Link]

Why does everyone always say spend big, our best business is always the bargains and free transfers, spend well not big.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 03 Jun 21 4.14pm Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

No idea if it is true or not. I suspect that it is but nothing has changed as unless another cluib is prepared to match our valuation and his wage demands, he's not going anywhere. He's been a fantastic player for Palace and wish him well if he leaves, preferably abroad.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag Cahir 03 Jun 21 4.16pm Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Leave him off for f***s sake , im sick of watching him sulk and trow himself to the ground every time he gets tackeled . He is bringing down the morale of the team , throwing his arms in the air like hes guiding plane into a hanger everytime someone doesnt pass to him . I think he is just after a pay rise . He saw Ben got a new contract and he wants an improved one . I cant see anyone paying over 40 mill for him and 200k a week . Be carefull what you wish for Wilf . Id still love him to stay though .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Eggefahrt 03 Jun 21 4.20pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Croydon-Trucker

Leave him off for f***s sake , im sick of watching him sulk and trow himself to the ground every time he gets tackeled . He is bringing down the morale of the team , throwing his arms in the air like hes guiding plane into a hanger everytime someone doesnt pass to him . I think he is just after a pay rise . He saw Ben got a new contract and he wants an improved one . I cant see anyone paying over 40 mill for him and 200k a week . Be carefull what you wish for Wilf . Id still love him to stay though .

Certainly a bit of a primadonna on the pitch, another factor that's going to count against him. He's 29 in November and surely he'll soon realise that, in terms of a big money move, the ship has sailed.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 03 Jun 21 4.21pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

When Wilf leaves he is going to experience stuff unknown to him like being benched,subbed and dropped frequently and he will not like that at all. He will get frustrated at just being a squad player and not the main man. Albeit i wish him well and thanks for the memories Wilf.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 03 Jun 21 4.27pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Of course he wants to leave, has said so for ages.

Whereas three years ago he was utterly irreplaceable and had a value that was only going up, he is now simply very difficult to replace and has a decreasing value.

If I were Parish I'd say: 'No problem Wilf, we are happy to facilitate a transfer. The fee is £40m, the deadline for an offer to be made is 15th July. After that, we will not have time enough to replace you, so no dice. Now, get your agent to work, if he knows what the word means'.

Either someone will pay the fee, or nobody will. If it's the former then we cash in. If it's the latter then Zaha can see that nobody wants him. At that stage, I'd offer him a fresh five year deal, make him captain, tickle him under the chin and embrace the fact that he knows he ain't going anywhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 03 Jun 21 4.28pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

We've all been through this before but for him to make the move, certain boxes have to be ticked:

i. The bid needs to match the club's valuation
ii. He'll want at least what the club are currently paying him
iii. He wants to play at a higher level (Europe, presumably) which rules out Arsenal and Everton, the clubs he seems to be mostly linked with.

Who does that leave? No top 6 club will take him as anything other than a squad player. Only leaves the possibility of a move abroad. Is that what he wants? He got homesick in bloody Manchester so it seems unlikely to me.

My bet is he'll be a Palace player until his contract expires in 2022 and he'll probably still be here for a couple of years after that.

Logically you are correct but he threw his toys out of the pram over that collapsed Everton move previously so I would imagine that he sees them, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester as a step up. Liverpool may be looking for a new forward if Mane goes but I doubt they'd want him.

Otherwise I think, as you suggested, you're looking at clubs like PSG, Roma, Inter or perhaps somewhere in Spain.

If he does go I just hope it's early and we move quickly to replace him for once. If Schlupp and Towsend start on the wings for us on the first game things may become bleak very quickly.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Jun 21 4.33pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Croydon-Trucker

Leave him off for f***s sake , im sick of watching him sulk and trow himself to the ground every time he gets tackeled . He is bringing down the morale of the team , throwing his arms in the air like hes guiding plane into a hanger everytime someone doesnt pass to him . I think he is just after a pay rise . He saw Ben got a new contract and he wants an improved one . I cant see anyone paying over 40 mill for him and 200k a week . Be carefull what you wish for Wilf . Id still love him to stay though .

I suspect Tekkers has taken another pay cut, his last contract extension cut his wages. Wilf does sulk but partly because he gets kicked to s*** week in week out with no protection from referees but more importantly, apart from McCarthy which team mate helps him out?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 03 Jun 21 4.34pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

Originally posted by aashman12

Why does everyone always say spend big, our best business is always the bargains and free transfers, spend well not big.


I don't agree actually. The vast majority of our top ten most expensive transfers have been successful at the club, including Eze who was the most recent 'big purchase'.

We will undoubtedly be making a few 'value' purchases this summer but when it comes to replacing the best player in our history, we need to spend some money. Ideally on a couple of players to give us some options and depth.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Jun 21 4.36pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Canterbury Palace

Logically you are correct but he threw his toys out of the pram over that collapsed Everton move previously so I would imagine that he sees them, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester as a step up. Liverpool may be looking for a new forward if Mane goes but I doubt they'd want him.

Otherwise I think, as you suggested, you're looking at clubs like PSG, Roma, Inter or perhaps somewhere in Spain.

If he does go I just hope it's early and we move quickly to replace him for once. If Schlupp and Towsend start on the wings for us on the first game things may become bleak very quickly.

Italy wouldn’t suit Wilf, imo, the place for him to go is France. Speaks the language, I have said for sometime Lyon is the team for him but, apart from PSG, no team can afford is wages. Pay cut or no move I’m afraid

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 03 Jun 21 4.44pm Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

What “Top Club” would want him?

He’s his own worst enemy - super talented and good enough (no doubt) but who wants all the baggage - he’s one of our own and as a result we overlook all the attitude, complaining at officials, complaining at team mates, complaining at opposition, complaining to himself at times!

If anyone is prepared to pony up then goodbye, huge thanks and good luck Wilf.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 03 Jun 21 4.47pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

We've all been through this before but for him to make the move, certain boxes have to be ticked:

i. The bid needs to match the club's valuation
ii. He'll want at least what the club are currently paying him
iii. He wants to play at a higher level (Europe, presumably) which rules out Arsenal and Everton, the clubs he seems to be mostly linked with.

Who does that leave? No top 6 club will take him as anything other than a squad player. Only leaves the possibility of a move abroad. Is that what he wants? He got homesick in bloody Manchester so it seems unlikely to me.

My bet is he'll be a Palace player until his contract expires in 2022 and he'll probably still be here for a couple of years after that.

i make all your points correct cucking, i hope no club meets our valuation tbf, even a pissed off wilf is our best player by miles.

i would imagine the lowest we would take is £60m, cash, up front, no messing around, we cant afford to be drip fed a transfer fee.

i laugh at the fans who flippantly post, “lets get rid for £30m” like we want to “get rid” that easily when 30% of any fee goes directly to united.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha wants out... again