You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha wants out... again
August 1 2021 8.44am

Zaha wants out... again

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 24 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 16 Jul 21 10.20am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by eag-les

Can't believe the disrespect and moans and groans towards one of the greatest players to wear the shirt.True legend

Undoubtedly one of our greatest ever players, and we have a lot to be thankful to him for, but respect goes two ways; constantly going to the press to say you want to leave is clearly going to tarnish your status with fans, but I'm not sure that keeps him awake at night.

Wilf needs to get his head down and make sure he starts the season like he did last season and prove he's not losing it. If Olise beds in well and Eze comes back from his injury fine then come January either we'll be exceeding expectations and he might want to stay, or we'll be in a stronger position to let him leave. My worry is with his family running his affairs we might get a pantomime situation again.

Benitez likes proven pros so there is still the chance Everton might come in and he can at least pretend he's moving to a big club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 16 Jul 21 10.46am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Undoubtedly one of our greatest ever players, and we have a lot to be thankful to him for, but respect goes two ways; constantly going to the press to say you want to leave is clearly going to tarnish your status with fans, but I'm not sure that keeps him awake at night.

Wilf needs to get his head down and make sure he starts the season like he did last season and prove he's not losing it. If Olise beds in well and Eze comes back from his injury fine then come January either we'll be exceeding expectations and he might want to stay, or we'll be in a stronger position to let him leave. My worry is with his family running his affairs we might get a pantomime situation again.

Benitez likes proven pros so there is still the chance Everton might come in and he can at least pretend he's moving to a big club.

Your going to have to wait for Olise, he is injured and not expect to play for months, maybe about the same time as Eze.
This is why we won’t be letting Zaha go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 16 Jul 21 11.41am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by eag-les

Can't believe the disrespect and moans and groans towards one of the greatest players to wear the shirt.True legend


I am very grateful for all that Wilf has done for us. He has been brilliant and without him, we almost certainly would not have remained in the PL.

HOWEVER, he has become his own worst enemy with his on-field histrionics and his regular pleas for a transfer out. He thinks he's better than he currently is. His performances against the so-called 'Big Six' PL teams last season (apart from that early game against an undercooked Man U) were somewhat underwhelming and yet he expects one of them to come in for him.

I would like him to stay but ONLY if he stops his silly on-field antics every time he loses the ball in a challenge and provided he works with the new exciting talented players we have bought in and the talented ones we are bringing through rather than seeing them as rivals for his Palace throne, which was an impression I gained as Eze's stock rose in the second half of last season.

I'm not convinced he will change, however, and his continued presence could prove to be a negative influence if he carries on displaying his reluctance at still being with us.

All-in-all, it may be better for both Wilf and Palace if he moves on in this window and we concentrate on building a new more vibrant squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Terry Ven's Profile Terry Ven Flag 16 Jul 21 1.42pm Send a Private Message to Terry Ven Add Terry Ven as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


I am very grateful for all that Wilf has done for us. He has been brilliant and without him, we almost certainly would not have remained in the PL.

HOWEVER, he has become his own worst enemy with his on-field histrionics and his regular pleas for a transfer out. He thinks he's better than he currently is. His performances against the so-called 'Big Six' PL teams last season (apart from that early game against an undercooked Man U) were somewhat underwhelming and yet he expects one of them to come in for him.

I would like him to stay but ONLY if he stops his silly on-field antics every time he loses the ball in a challenge and provided he works with the new exciting talented players we have bought in and the talented ones we are bringing through rather than seeing them as rivals for his Palace throne, which was an impression I gained as Eze's stock rose in the second half of last season.

I'm not convinced he will change, however, and his continued presence could prove to be a negative influence if he carries on displaying his reluctance at still being with us.

All-in-all, it may be better for both Wilf and Palace if he moves on in this window and we concentrate on building a new more vibrant squad.

Agreed, he is his own worst enemy. He needs to enjoy the ride because a career is very short and no big club will shell out big bucks who gives off a vibe of being a difficult character.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 16 Jul 21 1.57pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Your going to have to wait for Olise, he is injured and not expect to play for months, maybe about the same time as Eze.
This is why we won’t be letting Zaha go.

Where did you hear this about Olise as I read that he was a doubt for the Walsall game. If he is as bad as you say then it surely would have been publicised as such.

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 16 Jul 21 5.07pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Your going to have to wait for Olise, he is injured and not expect to play for months, maybe about the same time as Eze.
This is why we won’t be letting Zaha go.

Olise injury is very unclear. Some say out for months, I heard its very minor and he'll only be out a couple of weeks. We'll have to see

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 16 Jul 21 5.55pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by eag-les

Can't believe the disrespect and moans and groans towards one of the greatest players to wear the shirt.True legend

When he tells the club, fans he want out, for the last 2/3 seasons.. when we see a dip in performance, regardless of reasoning, it doesn't resonate well with hard working, paying fans.

He has a persona to him where he is damned if he doesn't, damned if he does.... he's that kinda guy.

When we see other professionals just get their head down, then that's the comparison.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 17 Jul 21 11.19am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

[Link]

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 17 Jul 21 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

When he tells the club, fans he want out, for the last 2/3 seasons.. when we see a dip in performance, regardless of reasoning, it doesn't resonate well with hard working, paying fans.

He has a persona to him where he is damned if he doesn't, damned if he does.... he's that kinda guy.

When we see other professionals just get their head down, then that's the comparison.

I agree with what you say. it could just be me but I sense a change of rhetoric from the board on the subject. I get the sense if a fair offer comes in they will take it. I think this is for 2 reasons Firstly his wages which are a burden for a club of our size and also the economic climate. Secondly the constant leaking to press he wants to leave - I feel they are sick of this and he is losing or maybe has lost the sympathy of directors and even seen as damaging for morale.

Wilf has a descision to make as there appear to be no offers for him. He will have seen other high wage owners contracts not be renewed and where they have its on reduced terms. He should be wondering where this leaves him. He has 2 years left on deal and is unlikely to get as good a deal elsewhere both in terms of support from club and supporters and also his financial package. I would have thought his advisors would be pointing this out to him and even suggesting that extending his contract with club be explored with a buy out clause included. ie he extends for 2 years and is allowed to talk to any club who offers in excess of £60 million. I realise this is more than he is worth in the current depressed market. However it gives him the opportunity to prove to buyers he is worth it which means we get a motivated player potentially on a lower financial package (as his current package was designed to remove the buy out)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gallery3's Profile Gallery3 Flag South Croydon 21 Jul 21 1.06pm Send a Private Message to Gallery3 Add Gallery3 as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

Wilf has made no secret of his desire to go elsewhere, whilst clearly he will be missed if his heart is no longer with this club then we should just let him go at the right price. Personally, I think his form has not been that good for sometime now and you really do not know what Wilf is going to turn up, either, the skillful player, or the sulker. It's time for us all to move on!

I agree. He has done well for us and out of us but everyone goes eventually and we should cash in rather than let him
go out of contract like our entire team this year!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 21 Jul 21 3.23pm Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Wilf must see the irony in Townsend getting picked up by Everton

 


“You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don’t take”

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 21 Jul 21 3.47pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Perhaps he's still upset over Arsenal paying the £70m for his international teammate Pepe, a sum he (and Parish) thought he was worth. I'm sure they had their reasons.
If he still wants out then offers around the £30m mark should be taken seriously.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 24 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha wants out... again