You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eddie Nketiah (Rumour)
August 18 2022 11.01pm

Eddie Nketiah (Rumour)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 22 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

 

View The Beger's Profile The Beger Flag Croydon 26 Aug 21 11.26pm Send a Private Message to The Beger Add The Beger as a friend

His England U21s record.

U18 4 Goals 2 Appearances
U19 9 Goals 10 Appearances
U20 6 Goals 9 Appearances
U21 16 Goals 17 Appearances

This may be what we are looking at.

 


I am not a bot. No, seriously, I'm not.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 27 Aug 21 6.45am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


So he does for some reason I was thinking of Nelson who I know has a deal until 2023

The difference will be due to the age of this player Palace could be stung with paying some sort of compensation which they wouldn't with Hughes if trying the free deal.

This player appears to be injured anyway so not worth touching now unless maybe a loan deal.

3 weeks out including International break

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 27 Aug 21 6.52am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

We simply can't afford a "risk free" striker who'll score 16+ goals a season. Bats looked that player, but in truth he was like a big Dwight Gale (and worse at staying onside).

I do still wish our scouting was better.

And we desperately need to upgrade our full backs still so our budget must be super stretched.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 27 Aug 21 6.58am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

We simply can't afford a "risk free" striker who'll score 16+ goals a season. Bats looked that player, but in truth he was like a big Dwight Gale (and worse at staying onside).

I do still wish our scouting was better.

And we desperately need to upgrade our full backs still so our budget must be super stretched.

I agree with first paragraph. With regard to the second, I believe that we are improving our scouting network, and DF seems to be able identify decent players. However our budget/ negotiations appear to be the bigger problem.
I doubt we will look at FBs this window, I have a sneaky feeling PV may want to try a back 3 at some point, Kouyate/Tomkins, Andersen and Gueyhi. With Clyne and Schlupp as wing backs

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 27 Aug 21 7.17am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I have a sneaky feeling PV may want to try a back 3 at some point, Kouyate/Tomkins, Andersen and Gueyhi.

With our injury record it's a bit risky to have all three centre backs on the field at the same time

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 27 Aug 21 7.41am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

With our injury record it's a bit risky to have all three centre backs on the field at the same time

I take it that is a joke Midland.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mathers's Profile Mathers Online Flag 27 Aug 21 7.45am Send a Private Message to Mathers Add Mathers as a friend

Originally posted by The Beger

His England U21s record.

U18 4 Goals 2 Appearances
U19 9 Goals 10 Appearances
U20 6 Goals 9 Appearances
U21 16 Goals 17 Appearances

This may be what we are looking at.

Yes the numbers are impressive but this is age group football. There a lots of examples of players with great records at age group football but flop when they play against experience.

At 22, he should have more 1st team games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BelfastEagle's Profile BelfastEagle Flag 27 Aug 21 7.53am Send a Private Message to BelfastEagle Add BelfastEagle as a friend

At 22 Yannick Bolasi was playing for Barnet then moved on to Bristol City reserves.

There are also a lot of experienced players who just flopů..look at Benteke !

Edited by BelfastEagle (27 Aug 2021 7.55am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 27 Aug 21 8.05am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

It is a risky signing given he has yet to prove himself at this level, but there are reasons to be positive:

- he's grown up in the Arsenal system and so is used to and is comfortable with possession-based football

- he's quick. Often I think we avoid through-balls behind the opposing defence as our striker(s) wouldn't win a foot race. Also, being quick means he should be able to close down defenders quicker and force mistakes.

- If Vieira is driving this then he surely must have ears and eyes in Arsenal who are helping him form an opinion?

I really hoped we'd move for Edouard, but if he is looking for high wages then maybe he falls outside of the new pay structure we seem to be aiming for. Anyway, as I often find myself saying at this time in the transfer window, someone is better than no-one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 27 Aug 21 8.33am Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

With our injury record it's a bit risky to have all three centre backs on the field at the same time

With our injury record it's a bit risky having JUST three centre backs.

Edited by beak (27 Aug 2021 8.33am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 27 Aug 21 8.44am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I agree with first paragraph. With regard to the second, I believe that we are improving our scouting network, and DF seems to be able identify decent players. However our budget/ negotiations appear to be the bigger problem.
I doubt we will look at FBs this window, I have a sneaky feeling PV may want to try a back 3 at some point, Kouyate/Tomkins, Andersen and Gueyhi. With Clyne and Schlupp as wing backs

As to whether our scouting is improving, where is the evidence in players we have seen play for us. To my mind, we have largely bought proven quality or fillers.

Where is the left field purchase where we all went wow? That's a sign of good scouting.

EDIT: my gut tells me you are right, but I'm far from sure

Edited by Ginger Pubic Wig (27 Aug 2021 8.45am)

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 27 Aug 21 9.00am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

It is a risky signing given he has yet to prove himself at this level, but there are reasons to be positive:

- he's grown up in the Arsenal system and so is used to and is comfortable with possession-based football

- he's quick. Often I think we avoid through-balls behind the opposing defence as our striker(s) wouldn't win a foot race. Also, being quick means he should be able to close down defenders quicker and force mistakes.

- If Vieira is driving this then he surely must have ears and eyes in Arsenal who are helping him form an opinion?

I really hoped we'd move for Edouard, but if he is looking for high wages then maybe he falls outside of the new pay structure we seem to be aiming for. Anyway, as I often find myself saying at this time in the transfer window, someone is better than no-one.

He has also played with Eze, Gallagher and Guehyi for England

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 22 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eddie Nketiah (Rumour)