You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Moving statues
January 17 2022 12.24am

Moving statues

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 10 Jul 21 3.44pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Following a mob pulling down the statue of Colston in Bristol, London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, set up a committee to look at which statues in London should be taken down.
Now Khan has praised the decision to put up a statue of John Chilembwe on the ‘4th Plinth’ in Trafalgar Square, stating that it is: "shining a spotlight on important issues that our society continues to face, and I know they will spark debate and interest at home and abroad."
Chilembwe was a Baptist preacher in Nyasaland (now Malawi). In 1915 he was a leader of an insurrection against colonial rule. He sent his followers with orders to “kill all European men” and bring back the head of William Livingstone, a local plantation boss. Livingstone was decapitated with an axe – in front of his wife and two small children. Chilembwe proceeded to conduct a sermon in church next to the severed head of Livingstone, impaled on a pole.
Colston founded and endowed schools, houses for the poor, hospitals and churches. Yet his statue was pulled down due to his business connections to slavery. Chilembwe was a terrorist, racist and inciter of murder.
The likes of Khan clearly don't want to remove statues that may cause offence, nor do they want to remove statues of racist individuals from the past – they want to remove dead white men in their anti-white, anti-British agenda.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 10 Jul 21 3.47pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Statue of Diana ? All very pc.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (10 Jul 2021 4.04pm)

 


Pay for a BBC TV license ? yeah, right.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 10 Jul 21 3.48pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Oliver Cromwell, genocidal maniac of Drogheda. Still standing proud at Westminster.


Ah but I guess he only genocided white people, so that is all ok then ?

 


Pay for a BBC TV license ? yeah, right.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 10 Jul 21 3.52pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Cromwell is a tricky one for the likes of Khan. Points for chopping off a king's head and being a 'revolutionary', but mass murder of catholics a bit problematic. Man of 'faith' though which is sacrosanct for the left?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 10 Jul 21 4.00pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Cromwell is a tricky one for the likes of Khan. Points for chopping off a king's head and being a 'revolutionary', but mass murder of catholics a bit problematic. Man of 'faith' though which is sacrosanct for the left?

Khan himself is a man of faith. No bikini adverts for suntan oil on London transport. Modesty and cover up your shoulders darling.

 


Pay for a BBC TV license ? yeah, right.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Jul 21 4.20pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

They're also going to put up artwork of the casts of the faces of 850 trans people around the plinth.

Edited by ASCPFC (10 Jul 2021 4.20pm)

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 10 Jul 21 4.29pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Khan himself is a man of faith. No bikini adverts for suntan oil on London transport. Modesty and cover up your shoulders darling.

Well…not entirely.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Jul 21 5.02pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

In a hundred years' time they can put up a statue of an Islamic terrorist or perhaps an IRA man. Someone that's fought against the state. I just struggle to see why this should be on a plinth anywhere in Britain. Malawi, yes, I'm sure it's a wonderful place, allowed to prosper free of the yoke of colonialism.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 10 Jul 21 5.05pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

In a hundred years' time they can put up a statue of an Islamic terrorist or perhaps an IRA man. Someone that's fought against the state. I just struggle to see why this should be on a plinth anywhere in Britain. Malawi, yes, I'm sure it's a wonderful place, allowed to prosper free of the yoke of colonialism.

I wonder if this statue gets defaced?

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 10 Jul 21 5.09pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Chopping its head off would be appropriate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Jul 21 5.21pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Well…not entirely.

[Link]

Or when dancing with 2 men who were naked apart from swimming trunks at Gay Pride.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Jul 21 5.23pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Following a mob pulling down the statue of Colston in Bristol, London Mayor, Sadiq Khan, set up a committee to look at which statues in London should be taken down.
Now Khan has praised the decision to put up a statue of John Chilembwe on the ‘4th Plinth’ in Trafalgar Square, stating that it is: "shining a spotlight on important issues that our society continues to face, and I know they will spark debate and interest at home and abroad."
Chilembwe was a Baptist preacher in Nyasaland (now Malawi). In 1915 he was a leader of an insurrection against colonial rule. He sent his followers with orders to “kill all European men” and bring back the head of William Livingstone, a local plantation boss. Livingstone was decapitated with an axe – in front of his wife and two small children. Chilembwe proceeded to conduct a sermon in church next to the severed head of Livingstone, impaled on a pole.
Colston founded and endowed schools, houses for the poor, hospitals and churches. Yet his statue was pulled down due to his business connections to slavery. Chilembwe was a terrorist, racist and inciter of murder.
The likes of Khan clearly don't want to remove statues that may cause offence, nor do they want to remove statues of racist individuals from the past – they want to remove dead white men in their anti-white, anti-British agenda.

Disgusting decision, the official reason why he is praised is because he wore a hat (I kid you not) which was revolutionary for that time. And yet he preached violence and encouraged it not worthy of statue.

Edited by Badger11 (10 Jul 2021 5.24pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Moving statues