You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Potential Players This Season
November 30 2021 6.40pm

Potential Players This Season

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View Crystal ClearCPFC's Profile Crystal ClearCPFC Flag Croydon 15 Jul 21 11.02pm Send a Private Message to Crystal ClearCPFC Add Crystal ClearCPFC as a friend

I don't mind how many players we bring in.

So many good links to players that could end up being a very good team.

olise (signed) 8m
matthews (signed)
Guehi (quoted 20m) close
Gomes (city)
christie
delaney (dortmund)
zagadou (dortmund) loan
ruben vargas
lookman
kabak
nelsson
gallagher
nketiah
dolberg
damsgaard
djuricic
pereira (quoted 30m)

Also with some of the youngsters coming through, damn, the team we could field with some of these. Even signing those above at those prices still leaves 22m if its true he has 80m to spend.

I wouldnt care if we spent the whole amount in this window, it's kinda nice to see us actually do things right and get players in much earlier for a start. We have always seemed to do things right at the last minute.

Whats your opinion on the above players?

Even if we dont get some in my opinion this shows at least what type of players we are looking for.

Last question, anyone putting a cheeky couple of quid bet down on us winning the prem this season?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 16 Jul 21 9.35am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal ClearCPFC

I don't mind how many players we bring in.

So many good links to players that could end up being a very good team.

olise (signed) 8m
matthews (signed)
Guehi (quoted 20m) close
Gomes (city)
christie
delaney (dortmund)
zagadou (dortmund) loan
ruben vargas
lookman
kabak
nelsson
gallagher
nketiah
dolberg
damsgaard
djuricic
pereira (quoted 30m)

Also with some of the youngsters coming through, damn, the team we could field with some of these. Even signing those above at those prices still leaves 22m if its true he has 80m to spend.

I wouldnt care if we spent the whole amount in this window, it's kinda nice to see us actually do things right and get players in much earlier for a start. We have always seemed to do things right at the last minute.

Whats your opinion on the above players?

Even if we dont get some in my opinion this shows at least what type of players we are looking for.

Last question, anyone putting a cheeky couple of quid bet down on us winning the prem this season?


Parish made it clear in the brief interview earlier this week that he is looking for a blend of youth and experience.

Realistically, of those you've listed, I see us going for the following:
- Guehi
- Nelsson
- Lookman
- Gallagher (loan)
Whether we get all 4 remains to be seen.

Assuming we were to get those 4 then our 1st XI when all fit could look like this:

Butland

Ferguson
Tomkins
Guehi
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher

Zaha
Eze
Lookman

Benteke

This would leave the following available for the bench:

Guaita, Ward, Nelsson, Kelly, Jach, Cahill (if he re-signs), Hannam, Milivojevic, McArthur, Riedewald, Schlupp, Rak-Sakyi, Ayew, Olise, Mateta,

Somewhat stronger than we were last season.

I'm not a betting man, so no not a a couple of quid on winning the PL. I'm beginning to feel good about our chances of survival, though.


Edited by doombear (16 Jul 2021 9.36am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag South London 16 Jul 21 10.03am Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

Its looking good so far.

I dont think we'll get many more attacking players as we have 3 coming up from the academy. We dont want to block their route into the team, surely.

I think we need at least another CB (assuming Guehi is done) and two CDMs. And good CDMs don't come cheap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HerneBayPalace's Profile HerneBayPalace Flag Herne Bay 16 Jul 21 10.07am Send a Private Message to HerneBayPalace Add HerneBayPalace as a friend

Does anyone else get a funny feeling that with the link to these attacking players, that Wilf may finally be off ?

I'd argue that Lookman, Gallagher, Olise, Pereira etc will soften the blow for us if that was the case.

If not and we can get Lookman, we will be looking pretty dangerous this season and have a great blend.

Time will tell, but the names we are being linked with are actually quite exciting for once.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal ClearCPFC's Profile Crystal ClearCPFC Flag Croydon 16 Jul 21 10.54am Send a Private Message to Crystal ClearCPFC Add Crystal ClearCPFC as a friend

Hell yeah im with you, im looking forward to seeing how we do this season.

One player will be the one shown in the new home kit.

Also I hope everyone doesn't expect anything other than 3 points which would be against Brentford, from the first 5 games, and even that isn't guaranteed when they have toney, mbeumo.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 16 Jul 21 10.58am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

You know, if we got Guehi, Gallagher and Brewster (no link, I know), re-signed Cahill, and beefed up the wings from the youth and Lookman/Olise, would we actually miss Wilf?

I want him to stay, but big wage off the bill; and bloody nice fee...

Perhaps agree to sell in the winter for Eze's hoped for return. That is, if our physio team's remedies of leaches, poultices and incantations to the Tree Gods does any good?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View daven's Profile daven Flag 16 Jul 21 11.25am Send a Private Message to daven Add daven as a friend

I would like to see us get a fox in the box type player to add to the wingers/creative midfielders.
These players turn defeats into draws and draws into wins when the team is not at its best.
Do we need Benteke if we are going to play out from the back, his best work last season came from winning long balls with back to goal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View waterfordpal's Profile waterfordpal Flag 16 Jul 21 3.47pm Send a Private Message to waterfordpal Add waterfordpal as a friend

If we finally sign somebody who will actually put crosses in to Benteke he will score 15 goals next season. We need the a speedy right back who can whip in early crosses.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Passion's Profile Palace Passion Flag Bromley, South London 17 Jul 21 12.28am Send a Private Message to Palace Passion Add Palace Passion as a friend

Guitar

Clyne---Guehi---Cahill---Mitchell

Riedewald---Gallagher

Olise-----Pereira-----Zaha

Dolberg

 


|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||P|A|L|A|C|E||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


***Patrick Vieira's RED BLUE ARMY***
Be loud.. Be proud.. Be PALACE!

staffie - missed but never forgotten 19/04/15

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daz.CPFC's Profile Daz.CPFC Flag Bromley 17 Jul 21 12.35am Send a Private Message to Daz.CPFC Add Daz.CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Parish made it clear in the brief interview earlier this week that he is looking for a blend of youth and experience.

Realistically, of those you've listed, I see us going for the following:
- Guehi
- Nelsson
- Lookman
- Gallagher (loan)
Whether we get all 4 remains to be seen.

Assuming we were to get those 4 then our 1st XI when all fit could look like this:

Butland

Ferguson
Tomkins
Guehi
Mitchell

Kouyate
Gallagher

Zaha
Eze
Lookman

Benteke

This would leave the following available for the bench:

Guaita, Ward, Nelsson, Kelly, Jach, Cahill (if he re-signs), Hannam, Milivojevic, McArthur, Riedewald, Schlupp, Rak-Sakyi, Ayew, Olise, Mateta,

Somewhat stronger than we were last season.

I'm not a betting man, so no not a a couple of quid on winning the PL. I'm beginning to feel good about our chances of survival, though.


Edited by doombear (16 Jul 2021 9.36am)

To include Butland in the 1st 11 and put Guita on the bench shows your whole post should be taken with a pinch of salt

 


PALACE TILL I DIE!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 17 Jul 21 6.33am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Daz.CPFC

To include Butland in the 1st 11 and put Guita on the bench shows your whole post should be taken with a pinch of salt

Not quite sure why you think that. Guiata is a very good keeper and I would be more than happy for him to keep his place. However Butland is also a good keeper and imo his distribution is better and this may persuade PV to give him a try. Just my opinion and this shows we are fortunate to have 2 PL class keepers

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag South London 17 Jul 21 6.58am Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

Originally posted by Daz.CPFC

To include Butland in the 1st 11 and put Guita on the bench shows your whole post should be taken with a pinch of salt

If PV wants us to play out from the back you’d think Butland will start.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Potential Players This Season