You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Buy a House and 'do it up' ?
September 17 2021 5.20am

Buy a House and 'do it up' ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 27 Jul 21 8.38pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

NO mate, it came from hard grafting on building sites and in the taxi, that bought the properties.I have nothing against people making money, it"s just when they buy up all the properties off plan to stop anyone getting a place-with their bonus money-every year!I don"t blame the banker boys, if society thinks 4000 plus people sitting in a nice office can get over £1 million bonus every 12 months,while the majority of new jobs are zero hours minimum wage contracts, then society needs to look at itself! But i"m not bitter or jealous, I got enough to see me through, but If people start moaning in a couple months/years time that zero hours isn"t enough to pay the rent, I will say at least we have democracy!

Do you not see an issue with your argument about the large bonuses. I would guess you were either a tradesman or a boss on the sites that you earned your money on, and charging over a pound for 385 yards in your cab.
Now I don't think you haven't worked hard for your future but it is purely because of supply and demand.
Your skill set on the sites was obviously sought after so you could charge a higher rate than a labourer. Your cab was also a high demand commodity which also enabled you to earn well. These bankers earned their bosses a huge amount of money trading probably and I don't think they wouldn't have put the hours, effort and sleepless nights into the role. My point is that as a commodity to yourself or your employer you deserve to be paid well and incentified with said bonuses. Its nothing to do with democracy because without it you wouldn't be as comfortable as you are. I'm sure if someone told you not to buy property with your money you might tell them to foxtrot oscar.
The zero hours contract is being phased out but it takes time. One thing I predict is that when uber drivers are earning 140 a day over Xmas they will be moaning. Especially as 2 years ago it was probably a monkey a day.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Jul 21 8.50pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Do you not see an issue with your argument about the large bonuses. I would guess you were either a tradesman or a boss on the sites that you earned your money on, and charging over a pound for 385 yards in your cab.
Now I don't think you haven't worked hard for your future but it is purely because of supply and demand.
Your skill set on the sites was obviously sought after so you could charge a higher rate than a labourer. Your cab was also a high demand commodity which also enabled you to earn well. These bankers earned their bosses a huge amount of money trading probably and I don't think they wouldn't have put the hours, effort and sleepless nights into the role. My point is that as a commodity to yourself or your employer you deserve to be paid well and incentified with said bonuses. Its nothing to do with democracy because without it you wouldn't be as comfortable as you are. I'm sure if someone told you not to buy property with your money you might tell them to foxtrot oscar.
The zero hours contract is being phased out but it takes time. One thing I predict is that when uber drivers are earning 140 a day over Xmas they will be moaning. Especially as 2 years ago it was probably a monkey a day.

I was just a tradesman mate, not management, I don"t mind anyone earning good money, it"s just in some jobs, the amount isn"t in keeping with the majority. You might say "get a job in the city as a banker then", but alas I didnt go to the old school tie network school, and getting a job in the city isn"t that easy, it"s who you know as somebody on hol recently said. now more than ever.Like I said, i"m over it now, just going to sit back and watch what happens with interest, I see tough times ahead for the young, but democracy will prevail!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 27 Jul 21 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

NO mate, it came from hard grafting on building sites and in the taxi, that bought the properties.I have nothing against people making money, it"s just when they buy up all the properties off plan to stop anyone getting a place-with their bonus money-every year!I don"t blame the banker boys, if society thinks 4000 plus people sitting in a nice office can get over £1 million bonus every 12 months,while the majority of new jobs are zero hours minimum wage contracts, then society needs to look at itself! But i"m not bitter or jealous, I got enough to see me through, but If people start moaning in a couple months/years time that zero hours isn"t enough to pay the rent, I will say at least we have democracy!

That reads that youíre allowed to do it but they canít because theyíre doing it on a bigger scale.

FWIW higher taxes shouldíve been brought in to reduce the amount of multiple ownership by New Labour, but then you and many others would complain they were priced out of exploiting the property market themselves. Donít get me started on the Chinese buying up whole floors of apartments in London that stay empty. Scandalous.

A lot of those traders wonít be working in trading offices for banks that have high street branches in their business so they arenít linked in the same chain and arenít within reaching distance of government. If they donít keep the money then someone else does.

The further problem in this country is:

Itís relatively small
And many donít want greenbelt built on
Net migration is too high and never reduces
Many houses with lots of land. In some areas these get knocked down for flats not big enough for families, or having a family in the private sector is expensive if planned, and so we import more ready now and cheap labour. And so it continues and spirals

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 27 Jul 21 10.34pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

That reads that youíre allowed to do it but they canít because theyíre doing it on a bigger scale.

FWIW higher taxes shouldíve been brought in to reduce the amount of multiple ownership by New Labour, but then you and many others would complain they were priced out of exploiting the property market themselves. Donít get me started on the Chinese buying up whole floors of apartments in London that stay empty. Scandalous.

A lot of those traders wonít be working in trading offices for banks that have high street branches in their business so they arenít linked in the same chain and arenít within reaching distance of government. If they donít keep the money then someone else does.

The further problem in this country is:

Itís relatively small
And many donít want greenbelt built on
Net migration is too high and never reduces
Many houses with lots of land. In some areas these get knocked down for flats not big enough for families, or having a family in the private sector is expensive if planned, and so we import more ready now and cheap labour. And so it continues and spirals

You need to talk to someone who voted new labour, my point wasn"t CONservative/Labour, lefty /righty, it was more the division in society that is growing and the scandal that people are on zero hours contracts, I"m just going to take a back seat and watch what happens, but pity the youngsters like I said before, did you ever get your house move btw?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 27 Jul 21 11.55pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

You need to talk to someone who voted new labour, my point wasn"t CONservative/Labour, lefty /righty, it was more the division in society that is growing and the scandal that people are on zero hours contracts, I"m just going to take a back seat and watch what happens, but pity the youngsters like I said before, did you ever get your house move btw?

Iíve never posted about property personally on here.

I agree that youngsters are getting pasted, especially from covid to keep the boomers alive and well, and comfy in those big homes.

I also agree about the wealth gap. Some of the divisions in society are caused by those willing to create them. But you are excusing your own property gains while criticising others. Just how much are people allowed to own and accumulate in your opinion?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Jul 21 4.55am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I was just a tradesman mate, not management, I don"t mind anyone earning good money, it"s just in some jobs, the amount isn"t in keeping with the majority. You might say "get a job in the city as a banker then", but alas I didnt go to the old school tie network school, and getting a job in the city isn"t that easy, it"s who you know as somebody on hol recently said. now more than ever.Like I said, i"m over it now, just going to sit back and watch what happens with interest, I see tough times ahead for the young, but democracy will prevail!

I don't really see the relevance with democracy but we think differently I guess. Life is actually not designed to be easy. The young have generally always had it tough when it comes to getting on the property ladder and now the previous young are older it gets easier. Did you have it tough and if so should it be any different for others. You grafted long and hard for what you have so why can't it be like that for the current crop. If these dweebs choose not to educate themselves and piss around at school is it my fault or your fault. Working in residential I see loads of youngsters who have made good for themselves so don't beleive all you are fed. These are not all city gents either. I see shop workers and tradespeople. Also living in the west end and the square mile isn't forced on anyone. If you want it bad enough you can get it without crying about how tough it is and how someone else has more than you. Sharing the wealth is a socialist policy and if that became a reality you personally would have to share yours. Now that can't be what you want and it certainly isn't what the majority want. Apart from the oiks who want free stuff. Be careful what you wish for CP as it may come true.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 28 Jul 21 2.36pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Iíve never posted about property personally on here.

I agree that youngsters are getting pasted, especially from covid to keep the boomers alive and well, and comfy in those big homes.

I also agree about the wealth gap. Some of the divisions in society are caused by those willing to create them. But you are excusing your own property gains while criticising others. Just how much are people allowed to own and accumulate in your opinion?


Ah, thought you mentioned you were thinking of moving and certainly asked me what schools were near whewn I mentioned a house sale that went over asking price. My bad. The thing about the bankers bonus thing, was that while they were taking all the flats before they even went up, every year, and recieving over £1 million bonus every christmas, taking away any nurse/policemans chance of a London flat where they work, when it all went pear shaped, the taxpayer bailed them out! If you are taking £1 million bonus every 12 months, you should take the flak when it goes tits up! And yes, it was new Labour that bailed them, probably closer to your politics than mine I imagine, like I said, its not a gripe at Boris, just how mad has our society gone?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 28 Jul 21 2.46pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I don't really see the relevance with democracy but we think differently I guess. Life is actually not designed to be easy. The young have generally always had it tough when it comes to getting on the property ladder and now the previous young are older it gets easier. Did you have it tough and if so should it be any different for others. You grafted long and hard for what you have so why can't it be like that for the current crop. If these dweebs choose not to educate themselves and piss around at school is it my fault or your fault. Working in residential I see loads of youngsters who have made good for themselves so don't beleive all you are fed. These are not all city gents either. I see shop workers and tradespeople. Also living in the west end and the square mile isn't forced on anyone. If you want it bad enough you can get it without crying about how tough it is and how someone else has more than you. Sharing the wealth is a socialist policy and if that became a reality you personally would have to share yours. Now that can't be what you want and it certainly isn't what the majority want. Apart from the oiks who want free stuff. Be careful what you wish for CP as it may come true.

Yes, I get you mate, the banker thing was stuck in my head, it was more about the bailout , something I hadn"t mentioned, and that was new Labour I know.Its like, get a great paying stressful job, take the mahessive bonus every 12 months, if it goes tits up, let everyone else in the country bail us out, continue in job, get great bonus! A bit like the member for Medway, jacking in his plumbing/boiler inspecting business, and going gambling with his savings. He gets lucky and wins, wins again, buys a big house and new motor, he"s a success, legend in fact! Then he piles it all on a sure thing, only the horse didn"t fancy it and he lost the lot. Then he cries to the tax paying public and they give him his money back, it was his risk, why should his neighbours pay?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Jul 21 3.43pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

I cannot fathom how all this happened. Gordon Brown eliminated ĎíBoom and bustíí after all.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 28 Jul 21 4.43pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I don't really see the relevance with democracy but we think differently I guess. Life is actually not designed to be easy. The young have generally always had it tough when it comes to getting on the property ladder and now the previous young are older it gets easier. Did you have it tough and if so should it be any different for others. You grafted long and hard for what you have so why can't it be like that for the current crop. If these dweebs choose not to educate themselves and piss around at school is it my fault or your fault. Working in residential I see loads of youngsters who have made good for themselves so don't beleive all you are fed. These are not all city gents either. I see shop workers and tradespeople. Also living in the west end and the square mile isn't forced on anyone. If you want it bad enough you can get it without crying about how tough it is and how someone else has more than you. Sharing the wealth is a socialist policy and if that became a reality you personally would have to share yours. Now that can't be what you want and it certainly isn't what the majority want. Apart from the oiks who want free stuff. Be careful what you wish for CP as it may come true.

The fact you still buy this nonsense at your age is genuinely mental to me.

This fantasy that a bit of sweat and hard-work and you can achieve what you want is nothing but a carrot to keep us slaving away.

The same logic says, assuming you're not a multi-property owning individual, or haven't got a load of wealth to your name by the time you retire, that you must not have worked hard... I'm sure all of us can agree that's a complete nonsense, so why do you believe the first bit?

The numbers are there for all to see as to why it's considerably harder now to get on the property ladder than it was previously - even at it's simplest; house prices have risen exponentially and wages haven't. By definition that means it's harder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 28 Jul 21 4.58pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

The fact you still buy this nonsense at your age is genuinely mental to me.

This fantasy that a bit of sweat and hard-work and you can achieve what you want is nothing but a carrot to keep us slaving away.

The same logic says, assuming you're not a multi-property owning individual, or haven't got a load of wealth to your name by the time you retire, that you must not have worked hard... I'm sure all of us can agree that's a complete nonsense, so why do you believe the first bit?

The numbers are there for all to see as to why it's considerably harder now to get on the property ladder than it was previously - even at it's simplest; house prices have risen exponentially and wages haven't. By definition that means it's harder.

I donít think exponentially but house price rises have exceeded wages making it extremely tough and in some areas impossible. And living further away is not always an option or means throwing money away on travel/childcare. Plus sellers are more savvy and so are hands on developers making it more difficult to find real bargains.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Jul 21 7.00pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

The fact you still buy this nonsense at your age is genuinely mental to me.

This fantasy that a bit of sweat and hard-work and you can achieve what you want is nothing but a carrot to keep us slaving away.

The same logic says, assuming you're not a multi-property owning individual, or haven't got a load of wealth to your name by the time you retire, that you must not have worked hard... I'm sure all of us can agree that's a complete nonsense, so why do you believe the first bit?

The numbers are there for all to see as to why it's considerably harder now to get on the property ladder than it was previously - even at it's simplest; house prices have risen exponentially and wages haven't. By definition that means it's harder.

OK not what you want, what you need is probably more true. Mortgages are now available over 50 years with the ability to pay a bit extra each year which reduces the term. That has compensated in some way. Most people have an equal opportunity to be the best they can and get in front of the next person. You do need a little luck as well but you can make your own. If you don't take the opportunity given then who can be blamed. You cherry picked 9 words from over a hundred. Does nothing else I wrote ring true in the slightest.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Buy a House and 'do it up' ?