You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > How good is Gallagher
October 27 2021 11.46am

How good is Gallagher

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 12 Sep 21 3.51pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Yes - I was going to post "we should make a cheeky bid in the January window" but you've saved me the bother!

I don't think we should make a "cheeky" bid. I think we should go flat out to sign him permanently and be prepared to pay (within sensible reason) what we have to. Gallagher fits perfectly on almost every level with both what we need and what Vieira's trying to do. If Chelsea demand £35 million and a buy-back clause, I'd pay it.

From Gallagher's point of view, there's every impression that he's settled brilliantly and loves it at Palace. There's also every chance we could win a Cup and qualify for Europe over the next couple of years at the rate we're going and if Gallagher's aiming for a big club, playing every week in a successful Palace side is a better way to get there than being a fringe player at Chelsea. He's young and has time on his side too so leaving a big club now needs be little more than a stepping stone to reach the top in a couple of years' time.

If I was Parish, I'd be negotiating with Chelsea now with a view to finding out what it'd take to get Gallagher permanently in January and I'd push the boat out to do it. At some point, if you have aspirations to really move the club on you have to pay the price required and to me, Gallagher is worth it.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Foxy0208's Profile Foxy0208 Flag Blackpool 12 Sep 21 4.17pm Send a Private Message to Foxy0208 Add Foxy0208 as a friend

Its definitely worth a conversation with Chelsea.

Not sure we could afford him in the January window.

How would everyone feel if he was the only signing we could afford next summer?

 


Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 12 Sep 21 4.26pm Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

^^^ Very good post sydtheeagle, although I might just add that Marc Guehi is the same age as Gallagher and shows just as much promise and is also the current England U21 Captain. His signature from Chelsea cost us £18M (potentially rising to £21M) and therefore with Chelsea still looking to raise funds for Erling Haaland it may not be as expensive as you suggest.

Letís hope Connor really enjoys his time with us and wants to make it a permanent move.

Edited by Philís Barber (12 Sep 2021 4.27pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Therealeaglestilidie's Profile Therealeaglestilidie Flag 12 Sep 21 4.36pm Send a Private Message to Therealeaglestilidie Add Therealeaglestilidie as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

I don't think we should make a "cheeky" bid. I think we should go flat out to sign him permanently and be prepared to pay (within sensible reason) what we have to. Gallagher fits perfectly on almost every level with both what we need and what Vieira's trying to do. If Chelsea demand £35 million and a buy-back clause, I'd pay it.

From Gallagher's point of view, there's every impression that he's settled brilliantly and loves it at Palace. There's also every chance we could win a Cup and qualify for Europe over the next couple of years at the rate we're going and if Gallagher's aiming for a big club, playing every week in a successful Palace side is a better way to get there than being a fringe player at Chelsea. He's young and has time on his side too so leaving a big club now needs be little more than a stepping stone to reach the top in a couple of years' time.

If I was Parish, I'd be negotiating with Chelsea now with a view to finding out what it'd take to get Gallagher permanently in January and I'd push the boat out to do it. At some point, if you have aspirations to really move the club on you have to pay the price required and to me, Gallagher is worth it.

After one win there's the definition of getting carried away !!

 


I'm so Palace I don't even know it

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 12 Sep 21 5.09pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Philís Barber

^^^ Very good post sydtheeagle, although I might just add that Marc Guehi is the same age as Gallagher and shows just as much promise and is also the current England U21 Captain. His signature from Chelsea cost us £18M (potentially rising to £21M) and therefore with Chelsea still looking to raise funds for Erling Haaland it may not be as expensive as you suggest.

Letís hope Connor really enjoys his time with us and wants to make it a permanent move.

Edited by Philís Barber (12 Sep 2021 4.27pm)

Their is no buy back clause for Marc only a match the best offer guarantee if we put him in the window. Maybe a tweak on this could get Gallagher on the cheap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 12 Sep 21 5.17pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I personally feel although good enough, Gallagher will never be a first team regular at Chelsea. They seem to prefer buying, and like selling their prospects. That model could change. One would think that, in January, or the end of the season an initial bid of 25 or so, rising to 30 with add ons would probably get him. His engine means a lot more to us than Chelsea. He will be a legend here, or an also ran there. Of course, I could be totally wrong, plus we've seen loads of footballers chasing the big club dream, only to end up on permanent loan and then West Ham, Fulham or Newcastle on a free when they're 29. I hope that's not Gallagher.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Glazier#1's Profile Glazier#1 Flag 12 Sep 21 6.52pm Send a Private Message to Glazier#1 Add Glazier#1 as a friend


I've supported palace for over 50 yrs and in my opinion, He fits the mould of a 'Palace' player, through and through.

Honest, a true worker, never gives up and has skill to go with it.


We love those at Selhurst,; always have done.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 12 Sep 21 6.58pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Originally posted by Foxy0208

Its definitely worth a conversation with Chelsea.

Not sure we could afford him in the January window.

How would everyone feel if he was the only signing we could afford next summer?


I would blow our entire next seasons budget on him. He's fantastic

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View babylonjohn's Profile babylonjohn Flag St Leonards-on-Sea 12 Sep 21 7.49pm Send a Private Message to babylonjohn Add babylonjohn as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Chelsea are awash with top midfielders. We may just get lucky and if he wants to join us get him for say 25m. If he enjoys being too dog at Palace thatís much better than fringe at Chelsea especially if we are in Europe.

Easy tiger we have won one game out of 4 we are not heading for Europe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 12 Sep 21 8.09pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

He was excellent yesterday but failed to work the goalkeeper from a number of good positions. Heís young and if he can bring that bit of extra quality and composure to his game heíll be beyond us.

The player that looks top six material to my eye is Andersen. I wouldnít be surprised if some of the plastics are casting their eye already.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 13 Sep 21 8.45am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

It seems our summer transfers are all spot on. The two central defenders have gelled in no time, and that lion in midfield seems to have an everlasting engine. Add Eze (and Olise) to this lot and Palace might enjoy their best ever PL season.
It's Monday afternoon (Thai time) and the Spuds massacre still makes me euphoric.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chubskip's Profile Chubskip Flag 13 Sep 21 8.53am Send a Private Message to Chubskip Add Chubskip as a friend

I fear he will price himself out if our price range. Whilst he probably won't get in Chelsea's team he will be a strong addition to any side. I just hope he wants to play and doesn't sit on the bench for someone else next year. It does give us options to look for similar incase we can't buy him. Just words of caution, let's see how we go against Liverpool. We will have nothing to fear and everything to gain. Spuds were truly awful but it was how we played and I haven't smiled so much for ages. Well done Mr V

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > How good is Gallagher