You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Townsend comments and performance for Everton
September 23 2021 5.01pm

Townsend comments and performance for Everton

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 13 Sep 21 10.23pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Made one scored one and looked like a player we never saw at Palace.

Said -- most diplomatically-- that Roy drilled him to show great defensive discipline but Benitez doesn't want him defending at all.

His mum sent him a video montage of his highlights to remind him of his talents.

It was actually poignant to hear. It made me feel he regretted his time with us in some respects, although he said no such thing. And made me also think what a caged bird Wilf has been for so long.

It would be nice if we could continue attacking and giving Wilf a final chance to shine as the curtain slowly starts to come down on his career.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 13 Sep 21 10.33pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


He scored a belter tonight- not Man City belting but a great shot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ali_Campbell's Profile Ali_Campbell Flag New Addington 13 Sep 21 11.04pm Send a Private Message to Ali_Campbell Add Ali_Campbell as a friend

Tbf to Everton they have a 30m international goalkeeper. Two cbs that cost combined 50m. A left back for 20m & 2 holding midfielders who cost combined 40+ million. (20m Godfrey waiting in the wings)

When a team has invested 160m in the last 5 years on defensive players alone, you can afford to be a bit more offensive and creative.

Can you imagine if we left the likes of Ward, Kouyate, Luka and PVA exposed with no cover. We would have been murdered every week.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilesy01's Profile Wilesy01 Flag Bristol 13 Sep 21 11.13pm Send a Private Message to Wilesy01 Add Wilesy01 as a friend

He's been fantastic so far for Everton, and his goal tonight shows what he still has to offer.

After seeing that and Wilf's performance on Saturday I am also quite mindful of whether Roy curbed their attacking talents in favour of defensive rigour.

I suppose we'll find out as the season progresses. I always felt with Andros he was good for certain spells and then would have really bad ones. Wilf too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 14 Sep 21 3.37am Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


He scored a belter tonight- not Man City belting but a great shot.

It was a terrific shot and he had another which caused the goaly trouble. Also had an assist and made another good pass that could have led to a goal.
Of course, he plays with Coleman now who is much more attack-minded than Ward and affords him more space. Also, the Burnley defenders made no attempt to shut him down on the left side. It was as if they had never met him before
He may play better at Everton but with Olise and Rak-Sakyi coming through I doubt if he will be missed much long term

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 14 Sep 21 6.25am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by Ali_Campbell

Tbf to Everton they have a 30m international goalkeeper. Two cbs that cost combined 50m. A left back for 20m & 2 holding midfielders who cost combined 40+ million. (20m Godfrey waiting in the wings)

When a team has invested 160m in the last 5 years on defensive players alone, you can afford to be a bit more offensive and creative.

Can you imagine if we left the likes of Ward, Kouyate, Luka and PVA exposed with no cover. We would have been murdered every week.

I'm not blaming Roy and I agree with you. Although I do think Roy was defence first for everyone amd always would be.
.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 14 Sep 21 7.07am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Kind thoughts to Andros ... maybe Roy’s tactics restrained his flair in recent years but we always stayed up to fight another day and hopefully, we're all now in a better place.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mr Palaceman's Profile Mr Palaceman Online Flag 14 Sep 21 8.40am Send a Private Message to Mr Palaceman Add Mr Palaceman as a friend

Andros was the one player I thought we should have kept. You can really see his quailty in that last performance, he was outstanding.

Having said that, I understand we have to cut our cloth, in regards to our finances and hopefully we have an excellent, value for money young player to replace him but I do wonder if the board have seen how he is playing since he left and think they missed a trick.

He is on a high playing for a new club and with Benitez in charge, It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up. I really hope he can. Good luck to him.

 


"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"

Stan Laurel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 14 Sep 21 9.02am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

It was a terrific shot and he had another which caused the goaly trouble. Also had an assist and made another good pass that could have led to a goal.
Of course, he plays with Coleman now who is much more attack-minded than Ward and affords him more space. Also, the Burnley defenders made no attempt to shut him down on the left side. It was as if they had never met him before
He may play better at Everton but with Olise and Rak-Sakyi coming through I doubt if he will be missed much long term

Ray-Sakyi scored 2 for the U-23s last night, Olise played too. I haven’t seen the lad play but am looking forward to it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag South Cronx 14 Sep 21 9.48am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

Made one scored one and looked like a player we never saw at Palace.

Said -- most diplomatically-- that Roy drilled him to show great defensive discipline but Benitez doesn't want him defending at all.

His mum sent him a video montage of his highlights to remind him of his talents.

It was actually poignant to hear. It made me feel he regretted his time with us in some respects, although he said no such thing. And made me also think what a caged bird Wilf has been for so long.

It would be nice if we could continue attacking and giving Wilf a final chance to shine as the curtain slowly starts to come down on his career.

This is a nod to the slow soul destroying and debilitating impact a manager with Roy's approach will have on classy players. All of their positive attributes are slowly eroded away to the point they question whether they have that ability any more - and even fans are sucked in and start to believe they just aren't capable. Good luck to him and I hope he continues to show people what he can do at the top level for a few years yet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 14 Sep 21 9.56am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Andros is a huge loss but so be it.

Got to hand it to Rafa, Andros and Gray delivering for Everton, total cost 1.7 millions.

Everton was a real money-pit until this time, regularly spending 100 millions in a year and out of the top six.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 14 Sep 21 11.32am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Of all our giveaways, Andros is the one I'd like to have kept. He clearly felt badly positioned by Roy, but in fairness the manager had very little option as he was given no funding to strengthen the team.

He's getting first team football at Everton and it's unlikely he would have been first choice here with some of our new players coming through. It was a typical Townsend goal last night so good luck to him.

I just hope he doesn't score like that when we play them.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Townsend comments and performance for Everton