You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Covid cases?
August 18 2022 11.11pm

Covid cases?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 4 << First< 1 2 3 4

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 26 Dec 21 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Palace 1979

Have heard we may have up to 8 cases now and Vieira out too. Sounds like we still have enough in squad to play but also very frustrating that bigger clubs seem to have the rules changed to suit but little old palace have to get on with it! Not surprised as the FA have no idea what they are doing at the best of times.
My bigger concern is the Norwich game and could be 3 points dropped through no fault of our own!

The point is that the new 'rules' automatically disadvantage every one for the smaller clubs. If the big clubs lose players the next one simply steps in. Their bench members are as strong as our first team players so it doesn't affect them much. Our bench strength just isn't there yet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View babylonjohn's Profile babylonjohn Flag St Leonards-on-Sea 26 Dec 21 1.31pm Send a Private Message to babylonjohn Add babylonjohn as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

if PV is out - does that mean that the journalists (& tech support staff) in the press meeting the other day all have to isolate ?

Dont think so. Press conferences are on zoom these days

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 26 Dec 21 1.36pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I love the hypocrisy of football.

The other day Jurgen Klopp was saying that the games should continue possibly because his squad were all vaccinated or "I'm all right Jach". Now he's changed his tune as the "pool" have a few out.

Meanwhile Spurs refused to travel for a European game and demanded it be rescheduled however they have not cut us any slack.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 26 Dec 21 1.44pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Pretty much any time there is a meaningful statement from anyone significant in the game these days it dosent take much to see the "I want this outcome because it suits me / my club best" in it

Originally posted by Badger11

I love the hypocrisy of football.

The other day Jurgen Klopp was saying that the games should continue possibly because his squad were all vaccinated or "I'm all right Jach". Now he's changed his tune as the "pool" have a few out.

Meanwhile Spurs refused to travel for a European game and demanded it be rescheduled however they have not cut us any slack.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 26 Dec 21 1.49pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

In my opinion the game should go ahead. We have a squad of 25 decent players and some promising youngsters. We’ll be able to field a competitive team. If we had 8 standard injuries, the game would go ahead with no questions. It’s a challenge for all teams which makes it a bit more exciting. It also gives clubs the opportunity to get a competitive edge by implementing and following covid protocols. The league will become a total mess if we don’t plough on with the fixtures, you could have some teams playing 4 games in May and others playing 9.

I do think however that the FA need to put some clear rules in place around covid postponements - ie, x amount of players from the 25 man squad merit a postponement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 26 Dec 21 1.56pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

By & large I am with you on this - I think they were slow to publicise how the decisions were going to be taken
(i.e - game / no game) & the fact that the didnt make public knowledge why decisions were taken to cancel some games & not others leaves people wondering how fair the decisions were -
Personally I would have liked to see - for example Burnley / Vila cancelled because 18 team members in the Burnley squad & 5 in the Villa tested positive with Villa declaring 6 other recognised injured players ( as listed on player injuries.com) - something clear & definitive that leaves people in no doubt that rules have been applied.


Originally posted by Goal Machine

In my opinion the game should go ahead. We have a squad of 25 decent players and some promising youngsters. We’ll be able to field a competitive team. If we had 8 standard injuries, the game would go ahead with no questions. It’s a challenge for all teams which makes it a bit more exciting. It also gives clubs the opportunity to get a competitive edge by implementing and following covid protocols. The league will become a total mess if we don’t plough on with the fixtures, you could have some teams playing 4 games in May and others playing 9.

I do think however that the FA need to put some clear rules in place around covid postponements - ie, x amount of players from the 25 man squad merit a postponement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Heath Eagle's Profile The Heath Eagle Flag Thornton Heath 26 Dec 21 2.08pm Send a Private Message to The Heath Eagle Add The Heath Eagle as a friend

1 change from our last game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 26 Dec 21 2.11pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Some interesting names on the bench

Originally posted by The Heath Eagle

1 change from our last game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Heath Eagle's Profile The Heath Eagle Flag Thornton Heath 26 Dec 21 2.17pm Send a Private Message to The Heath Eagle Add The Heath Eagle as a friend

Still, not sure why pushing so hard for a postponement

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 26 Dec 21 2.22pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by The Heath Eagle

Still, not sure why pushing so hard for a postponement

Agree, what a load of nonsense. Almost at full strength. Missing Benteke, Eze & Olise - none likely to have started anyway.

Just read Ralph Hasenhuttl’s comments on BBC about Southampton taking extra measures at the training ground to avoid covid. The result is they have a full squad - wish we were doing the same.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 26 Dec 21 2.36pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Agree, what a load of nonsense. Almost at full strength. Missing Benteke, Eze & Olise - none likely to have started anyway.

Just read Ralph Hasenhuttl’s comments on BBC about Southampton taking extra measures at the training ground to avoid covid. The result is they have a full squad - wish we were doing the same.

This new variant is so contagious there is not a lot you can do. Some friends of mine met up for a lunchtime Christmas pint and within 3 days every single one had tested positive.

I think you would literally have to go into hibernation to completely avoid it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mojo87's Profile Mojo87 Flag 26 Dec 21 2.52pm Send a Private Message to Mojo87 Add Mojo87 as a friend

Originally posted by The Heath Eagle

Still, not sure why pushing so hard for a postponement


Agreed we have a near full strength starting line-up just weakened bench.

I give the benefit of the doubt for Palace requesting a postponement as EPL have not made it entirely clear why some clubs get postponement and others not.
By clear I mean state "so and so match has now been postponed due to x players of their 25 man squad out with Covid"
If we were hearing this from the get go then most would have known the guidelines and parameters from the beginning

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 4 << First< 1 2 3 4

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Covid cases?