You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > New transfer policy post
January 24 2022 10.42am

New transfer policy post

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

 

View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Jan 22 8.05am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

As Wilfs post has been taken over a new thread is needed.
we have spent 130m on players who we will not get a penny back from over the last 5 years which is unbelievably bad practice.
Only this season we seem to be showing any sense in buying, our policy should be:
1, never buy any player over the age of 26 unless he is a free transfer
2. Never let anybody's contract run beyond the age of 29
3. anyone with 18 months left on the contract, who has value, signs an extension or is offloaded
Stick by these rules and we wont have to really on handouts to keep from not going into administration, again

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 08 Jan 22 8.11am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

As Wilfs post has been taken over a new thread is needed.
we have spent 130m on players who we will not get a penny back from over the last 5 years which is unbelievably bad practice.
Only this season we seem to be showing any sense in buying, our policy should be:
1, never buy any player over the age of 26 unless he is a free transfer
2. Never let anybody's contract run beyond the age of 29
3. anyone with 18 months left on the contract, who has value, signs an extension or is offloaded
Stick by these rules and we wont have to really on handouts to keep from not going into administration, again

Handouts to keep from not going into administration. Run that one by me again.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Omph's Profile Omph Flag Liverpool 08 Jan 22 8.21am Send a Private Message to Omph Add Omph as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

As Wilfs post has been taken over a new thread is needed.
we have spent 130m on players who we will not get a penny back from over the last 5 years which is unbelievably bad practice.
Only this season we seem to be showing any sense in buying, our policy should be:
1, never buy any player over the age of 26 unless he is a free transfer
2. Never let anybody's contract run beyond the age of 29
3. anyone with 18 months left on the contract, who has value, signs an extension or is offloaded
Stick by these rules and we wont have to really on handouts to keep from not going into administration, again

Macca has been a disaster this season so I quite see why you think the Ashley approach is best and out would be ruinous to take an eclectic approach.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Jan 22 8.52am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Handouts to keep from not going into administration. Run that one by me again.

No Textor, Means no transfers, Means Relegation, Means no sellable assets, high wages, means debt, means Administration, simples

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 08 Jan 22 9.55am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

No Textor, Means no transfers, Means Relegation, Means no sellable assets, high wages, means debt, means Administration, simples


?????? Have you been drinking again Lanzo?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Jan 22 10.14am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Nope, i am tea total, mostly

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 08 Jan 22 10.16am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Nope, i am tea total, mostly

WHAT!!! With all that lovely Bermejo on hand

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Jan 22 10.24am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

WHAT!!! With all that lovely Bermejo on hand

I am tea total, at least until 11am

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rollercoaster's Profile rollercoaster Flag Cornwall 08 Jan 22 10.36am Send a Private Message to rollercoaster Add rollercoaster as a friend

There are many many economic strategies within the league. Buy young and sell on is just one of them and isn't in any way guaranteed to be successful.

Our strategies have worked so far, we're still in the premier league and we appear unlikely to go into administration.

Failures happen in every club, I read this week that a Brighton player who they bought for a club record 4 or 5 years ago has gone on a free transfer after playing only a few games. On the whole our transfer record over recent years has been excellent with very few mistakes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EaglesEaglesEagles's Profile EaglesEaglesEagles Flag 08 Jan 22 10.52am Send a Private Message to EaglesEaglesEagles Add EaglesEaglesEagles as a friend

Live out your dreams on Football Manager Lanzo.

Gary Cahill played nearly fifty games for Chelsea and England in 2017-18 aged 32. A valuable member of the team.

I am so glad he came to Palace. His impact on our club as a character and a winner was very important to our defensive solidity. Maybe he's an exception, but even with high wages, older players can be worth bringing in, though there was indeed an imbalance by the end of Roy's reign. Sports science has lengthened their shelf life.

 


I ain't got nuthin' funny to say. Sorry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Jan 22 10.58am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by EaglesEaglesEagles

Live out your dreams on Football Manager Lanzo.

Gary Cahill played nearly fifty games for Chelsea and England in 2017-18 aged 32. A valuable member of the team.

I am so glad he came to Palace. His impact on our club as a character and a winner was very important to our defensive solidity. Maybe he's an exception, but even with high wages, older players can be worth bringing in, though there was indeed an imbalance by the end of Roy's reign. Sports science has lengthened their shelf life.

If you had read my magnificent guide to running a transfer system to a mid range club, Cahill would have qualified

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Jan 22 11.01am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by rollercoaster

There are many many economic strategies within the league. Buy young and sell on is just one of them and isn't in any way guaranteed to be successful.

Our strategies have worked so far, we're still in the premier league and we appear unlikely to go into administration.

Failures happen in every club, I read this week that a Brighton player who they bought for a club record 4 or 5 years ago has gone on a free transfer after playing only a few games. On the whole our transfer record over recent years has been excellent with very few mistakes.

Yes, but 12 players for 130m with no return, is business suicide

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > New transfer policy post