You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eze
June 30 2022 11.23pm

Eze

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Southampton_Eagle's Profile Southampton_Eagle Flag At the after party 17 Feb 22 8.32am Send a Private Message to Southampton_Eagle Add Southampton_Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Surely not! Itís a good profit but if we are serious about progressing canít be a consideration, unless PV doesnít see him fitting into the side or injury really has taken its toll.


[Link]

Or alternatively it's clickbait started by the known bastion of the truth, The Sun, then picked up by all the other sh*te online media?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 17 Feb 22 9.06am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Don't fret lads. No way will PV let Eze go, he's a key player in his squad, and as Willo says, we have to give QPR a fair chunk of any fee we receive.

You watch, he'll start on Saturday and score the winner against Chelsea.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 17 Feb 22 9.13am Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Lightweight, went missing loads last season, sell him and get Gallagher

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 17 Feb 22 9.56am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

I am really torn on this one.

If he played as a number 10 instead of out wide, he could be so influential.

However, if we were to sell him at 50m plus, then that is Gallaghers transfer fee paid for right there. Not that they need the money, but that Gallagher fee would help Chelsea pay for Declan Rice.

You're on the money there. The only thing they have to focus on is FFP joke and squad numbers. Newcastle are so far ahead on FFP, they will really cause some damage this summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 17 Feb 22 10.01am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Also torn with Eze. Undoubtedly a talent, but feels like a luxury Player right now, who doesn't fit to our system.
Maybe if Zaha were to Leave? Or if Gallagher does not return next year he takes his Place, but that could leave our midfield short Of 'bite'. Though I'd be happy with a midfield of hughes /JMac(or his replacement) behind Eze.

I guess if the price is suitably silly, we'd be mad to pass it up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 17 Feb 22 10.02am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

I think that Eze has yet to fulfill his potential with us.

Flashes of brilliance last season, but his playing style was somewhat at odds with Roy's straightjacket tactics.

Then of course came the injury.

Not surprisingly he has found the going tough. He came back well ahead of expectations. Back to a new manager, different players and style of play.

I haven't seen enough from him to make me think we should turn down a bid of the supposed size of Newcastle's. And yes, it could come back to bite us if we sell.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 17 Feb 22 10.12am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

I think that Eze has yet to fulfill his potential with us.

Flashes of brilliance last season, but his playing style was somewhat at odds with Roy's straightjacket tactics.

Then of course came the injury.

Not surprisingly he has found the going tough. He came back well ahead of expectations. Back to a new manager, different players and style of play.

I haven't seen enough from him to make me think we should turn down a bid of the supposed size of Newcastle's. And yes, it could come back to bite us if we sell.

Hodgson's team was of course far from free-flowing but he did fit Eze into the side and the player was lauded for his excellence both by our supporters and those outside the club and rightly so.

Under Vieira, the narrative is all about a different progressive style and a far cry from so called "Royball" yet he cannot fit an exciting player into the team.

I have heard rumblings from those who are questioning whether Vieira was the right choice of manager.I am willing to accept that we are in transition and the Vieira reign is in its infancy.

Edited by Willo (17 Feb 2022 10.15am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 17 Feb 22 10.21am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

I wasn't aware that Newcastle tried to sign him on loan in January. May just have missed that news at the time.

Also Mods can you move this thread over to 'Palace Talk1 and remind people that 'Transfer Talk' is about potential/possible/desirable INCOMING transfer targets.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 17 Feb 22 10.30am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Hodgson's team was of course far from free-flowing but he did fit Eze into the side and the player was lauded for his excellence both by our supporters and those outside the club and rightly so.

Under Vieira, the narrative is all about a different progressive style and a far cry from so called "Royball" yet he cannot fit an exciting player into the team.

I have heard rumblings from those who are questioning whether Vieira was the right choice of manager.I am willing to accept that we are in transition and the Vieira reign is in its infancy.


Edited by Willo (17 Feb 2022 10.15am)

In my Palace ' network ' PV is being given something of a free hit this season. My perception is that the hierarchy at Palace also recognise and accept the Transition that we are going through.

I get the point about PV not fitting Eze into the team, which is why I can only assume that the player himself is still far from ready to command a starting place. Certainly from what I've seen of Ebs this season, it's a player still on the journey back to full match fitness.

I have to admit that while recognising Eze's undoubted ability last season, I thought he was still work in progress at PL level and of course that progress was brought to a halt by his injury.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 17 Feb 22 10.33am Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Surely not! Itís a good profit but if we are serious about progressing canít be a consideration, unless PV doesnít see him fitting into the side or injury really has taken its toll.


[Link]

Good money,take it! He doesn't fit the Vieira system, he may never get back to the same level and he doesn't press !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 17 Feb 22 10.35am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Eze is a creator and once he moved into the middle last season he picked up two POTM awards and was in line for a call up for England. If you look at his stats he was among the top players in the PL for progressive passes, shot creating actions, assists and was also one of the top dribblers. We are desperately short on creativity at the moment and we have one of last season's top creative players on the bench. I'd be absolutely gutted if we sold him in the summer before he's had a chance to fully recover.

As I've said elsewhere, I think Vieira is perhaps just being cautious in managing his recovery, as in our position we can just about afford to ease Eze back and show patience with the integration of Olise.

I don't mean to be condescending, but I do think people are forgetting just how good he was just prior to his injury. It is really interesting to note his stats when he played in the middle: [Link] 10 games 2 goals 4 assists.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 17 Feb 22 10.42am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Eze is a creator and once he moved into the middle last season he picked up two POTM awards and was in line for a call up for England. If you look at his stats he was among the top players in the PL for progressive passes, shot creating actions, assists and was also one of the top dribblers. We are desperately short on creativity at the moment and we have one of last season's top creative players on the bench. I'd be absolutely gutted if we sold him in the summer before he's had a chance to fully recover.

As I've said elsewhere, I think Vieira is perhaps just being cautious in managing his recovery, as in our position we can just about afford to ease Eze back and show patience with the integration of Olise.

I don't mean to be condescending, but I do think people are forgetting just how good he was just prior to his injury. It is really interesting to note his stats when he played in the middle: [Link] 10 games 2 goals 4 assists.

I agree with the general thrust of these comments.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eze