You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Mandela Egbo
July 5 2022 1.11am

Mandela Egbo

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View Crazy_Eagle's Profile Crazy_Eagle Flag South London 13 Mar 22 12.27am Send a Private Message to Crazy_Eagle Add Crazy_Eagle as a friend

Remember him? He left our academy for Borussia Monchengladbach. I remember a few of us felt we let a good one go. Seems like his careers been OK but not the heights I thought anyway as he's now at Swindon.

[Link]

 


R.I.P. DJ Hardline

CPFC2010

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hootie121082's Profile Hootie121082 Flag Paralimni 13 Mar 22 11.43am Send a Private Message to Hootie121082 Add Hootie121082 as a friend

Why is this in Transfer Talk?

 


FEELING GLAD ALL OVER

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 13 Mar 22 11.50am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Mandela Egbo came on from the bench quite late in the game in Swindon's 1-0 win over Oldham.

Edited by Willo (13 Mar 2022 11.51am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 13 Mar 22 12.01pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Another one the club allowed to leave and has not hit the heights. I guess we made the right call after all.

I love the spin of how after a successful spell in Germany he went to the MLS. Young talent does not leave Europe for the MLS and then sign for Swindon.

Edited by Badger11 (13 Mar 2022 12.02pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 13 Mar 22 12.20pm Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Another one the club allowed to leave and has not hit the heights. I guess we made the right call after all.

I love the spin of how after a successful spell in Germany he went to the MLS. Young talent does not leave Europe for the MLS and then sign for Swindon.

Edited by Badger11 (13 Mar 2022 12.02pm)

We didn't allow him to leave, he wanted to go. We tried to keep him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 13 Mar 22 1.29pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by aashman12

We didn't allow him to leave, he wanted to go. We tried to keep him.

Yup I know but how hard did we try? Or did his agent spin it that he wanted to leave as we didn't offer him what he wanted?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vincehair's Profile Vincehair Flag London 08 May 22 9.40pm Send a Private Message to Vincehair Add Vincehair as a friend

Ben Garner ex Palace coach is manager there, doing good things by the look of it

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 09 May 22 9.36am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Yup I know but how hard did we try? Or did his agent spin it that he wanted to leave as we didn't offer him what he wanted?

I suspect he got offered what he was worth, and he thought we was better than that.

I guess ultimately we were right

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 09 May 22 10.51am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

noticed in div 1 play offs yesterday KaiKai is now at Wycombe and Boateng (and Wickham) at MK Dons.

Another 2 promising Palace youngsters who haven't progressed as much as we all hoped.

There is a trend here - notice Sam Woods is now at Barnet, a big drop from a Prem u23 player last year.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 May 22 11.34am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

noticed in div 1 play offs yesterday KaiKai is now at Wycombe and Boateng (and Wickham) at MK Dons.

Another 2 promising Palace youngsters who haven't progressed as much as we all hoped.

There is a trend here - notice Sam Woods is now at Barnet, a big drop from a Prem u23 player last year.

So far none of the players in the Parish regime we have released have gone onto bigger and better things so kudos to Dougie and the academy team.

There is an argument why were they not released earlier but often the coaches know that only 1 player in a group will make it. The other 10 are there to help him although they don't know it.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 09 May 22 8.23pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

So far none of the players in the Parish regime we have released have gone onto bigger and better things so kudos to Dougie and the academy team.

There is an argument why were they not released earlier but often the coaches know that only 1 player in a group will make it. The other 10 are there to help him although they don't know it.

I think you hit the nail on he head there. Most will not make it, but we have to almost go through the motions with a group to keep the wheels turning long enough to find a gem.

All the more crazy when some fans think that a bunch of he U23's are ready to step straight into first team football.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 10 May 22 9.41am Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11



So far none of the players in the Parish regime we have released have gone onto bigger and better things so kudos to Dougie and the academy team.

There is an argument why were they not released earlier but often the coaches know that only 1 player in a group will make it. The other 10 are there to help him although they don't know it.

There's only one I can think of Noni Madueke at PSV... but he left our set up for Spurs. He was very young and not sure what the situation was with that. However with such a huge pool of players at the age it's inevitable some will slip through the gaps, usually down to the huge differences in physical development at that age.

As you say the fact we can hardly name anyone who's gone on to better things shows we're doing something right. For me getting one player from the youth set up established in the first team every two seasons is the benchmark for a successful academy. We seem to be heading in the right direction, AWB, Mitchell... next possibly one of Adaramola, Rak-Sakyi or Banks seem the best bet - but sometimes there's a relative surprise. Those who fall short it seems with our new set up we're committed to support the young players achieve elsewhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Mandela Egbo