You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > boycott the leeds game
December 10 2023 12.14am

boycott the leeds game

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Apr 22 11.18am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

When fans come from abroad this costs them 100s extra.

There should be some kind of mechanism to compensate fans, particularly Season Ticket Holders. Obviously, there won't be.

People think of flights and hotels, yet there are also buses, coaches, trains - could even be restaurants and other attractions too. Last time this happened I was working on the Monday, just didn't go in. I wouldn't get away with that too often. I can share the OP's frustration. It has cost me an extra 300 before.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The groover's Profile The groover Flag Danbury 02 Apr 22 12.00pm Send a Private Message to The groover Add The groover as a friend

We will have gone from 26 Feb to 7 May without a home weekend game in the PL. And that weekend has not yet had the TV games selected!!!! Its an absolute joke and as has been said proves they don't give a flying about the fans!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 02 Apr 22 12.40pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

What you say is true. That is why clubs survived a whole season plus without supporters in the ground.

However, there is no reason why some consideration cannot be given to fans so that a club doesn't get three 8pm Monday night kick offs on the trot. Also, some thought toward travelling supporters. And, to rearrange kick-off time after tickets have gone on sale, is completely unacceptable.

I have a near 100 mile round trip to games and will be in two minds as to whether to attend.

Same for me, 100 mile round trip, for me itís simply a case of whether I fancy it on a Monday night, but I do feel for the fans who come from a lot further than us and book hotels flights etc

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 02 Apr 22 12.57pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Eddiemac62

Totally agree I now can't go to the game as flights booked back home

I'd say you have grounds for a compensation claim against CPFC. Write to them to say that the late notice of the change of date is unreasonable and that you had already booked a flight that is non-refundable. Ask for reimbursement of the cost of the return flight rather than you pursuing the matter through the small claims court.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Farney Eagle's Profile Farney Eagle Flag Dundalk Rep of Ireland 02 Apr 22 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Farney Eagle Add Farney Eagle as a friend

Same here...season ticket holder in Rep of Ireland, and there are a few of us.Flights booked in advance and now this..with the amount of games moved to Monday, the season ticket has cost me way more than in previous years and is making me question the validity of renewing for next season...unlikely the club will get involved as they're gonna blame the TV companies every time..in any event, extremely frustrating as you have to wait to see the schedules before booking, and by that time you can be sure my countryman Mr.O'Leary has jacked the price up the nearer the departure date...maybe SP can compensate me with a semi final ticket for my poor long suffering other'alf

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Online Flag 02 Apr 22 1.56pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

I had flights booked for the game!


Tbh not madly bothered! As it would be 3 games in 6 days for us if it was on the Saturday! Gives us extra time to recover!

Obviously I loose out on flights etc... But I'd rather the points!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Online Flag 02 Apr 22 1.58pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Originally posted by Farney Eagle

Same here...season ticket holder in Rep of Ireland, and there are a few of us.Flights booked in advance and now this..with the amount of games moved to Monday, the season ticket has cost me way more than in previous years and is making me question the validity of renewing for next season...unlikely the club will get involved as they're gonna blame the TV companies every time..in any event, extremely frustrating as you have to wait to see the schedules before booking, and by that time you can be sure my countryman Mr.O'Leary has jacked the price up the nearer the departure date...maybe SP can compensate me with a semi final ticket for my poor long suffering other'alf


There is flights from Dublin for 7.99 on Sunday / Monday morning!

I booked all my flights for the season in January as they were free change then!

Still a kicker it's changed but I'm used to it by now! Also a season ticket holder living in kildare!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 02 Apr 22 2.32pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

As a matter of interest, does a club have any say at all in the re-arrangement of fixtures, or is it entirely down the the PL and TV company?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 02 Apr 22 3.31pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Agree in principle, its getting a bit ridiculous.

But wont be boycotting, as it wont make a blind bit of difference and I love watching my team.

Sky couldn't care less if the ground is half full, it wouldn't achieve anything

Itís this sort of attitude that will never change anything. A fans boycott for Monday night football could spread across other clubs and eventually make a difference. Itís such a kick in the teeth to fans to change it at short notice - especially those who live far away and for away fans.

Perhaps fans should stay at the back of the stand for the first 10 minutes and cover the seats with some kind of banner. It would make a statement at least

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 02 Apr 22 3.39pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Itís this sort of attitude that will never change anything. A fans boycott for Monday night football could spread across other clubs and eventually make a difference. Itís such a kick in the teeth to fans to change it at short notice - especially those who live far away and for away fans.

Perhaps fans should stay at the back of the stand for the first 10 minutes and cover the seats with some kind of banner. It would make a statement at least

Really?? Sky have just funded a whole season with empty stadiums, I doubt theyíre going to be too bothered over a few empty seats on a Monday night. Monday football has been a thing for as long as sky, itís not going to change now

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 02 Apr 22 3.50pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

So how would a boycott affect Sky?

They don't get the gate money and they will sell the package of rights all over the world regardless of a crowd.

A boycott affects the club and only the club.

Equally wake up and smell the coffee. You want us to sign top young players you pay top dollar and where does that money come from? TV rights.

Could be worse. Look at say Boxing where you can have a bout in London starting in the early hours for US TV.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 02 Apr 22 3.51pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

Really?? Sky have just funded a whole season with empty stadiums, I doubt theyíre going to be too bothered over a few empty seats on a Monday night. Monday football has been a thing for as long as sky, itís not going to change now

The alternative is that we continue to accept the shafting. Nothing will ever change if fans just accept it. There are people on this thread who have booked flights (and presumably accommodation) who are throwing money down the pan because Sky decide to change the kick off time with 3 weeks notice.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > boycott the leeds game