You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Do you still have a Sunday roast?
July 3 2022 6.34am

Do you still have a Sunday roast?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 10 Apr 22 11.31am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

These days, the only things my dear wife makes for dinner are reservations.

I do recall her cooking a roast (Pork) but served it up with duck fat potatoes.I cannot abide duck, the potatoes were swiftly removed off my plate and I tore a strip off my dear wife as she knew full well my aversion to duck and thought I would not notice,but I caught a glance of the packaging.She felt the full force of my wrath.

Edited by Willo (10 Apr 2022 11.29am)

I have images of Willo in lederhosen, giving his wife a thorough roasting

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Apr 22 11.39am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

I have images of Willo in lederhosen, giving his wife a thorough roasting

My goodness.
I have an image of you retching as you make your way to empty the contents of your stomach.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 10 Apr 22 11.43am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Most Sundays, yes. The best dinner of the week.. Something very comforting about it .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent/Made in Bromley 10 Apr 22 12.01pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Occasionally I knock one up, but today weíre off to the Toby Carvery in Maidstone

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Apr 22 12.03pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Still at home in bed after 7 days with food poisoning, a neighbour has promised me a roast chicken dinner today. It is the only thing I am interested in in.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent/Made in Bromley 10 Apr 22 12.11pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Still at home in bed after 7 days with food poisoning, a neighbour has promised me a roast chicken dinner today. It is the only thing I am interested in in.

Thatís put me off my roast

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lawrie's Profile Lawrie Flag Brooks Green (near Horsham) 10 Apr 22 12.15pm Send a Private Message to Lawrie Add Lawrie as a friend

Roast pork, crackling (I hope) and apple sauce. Plenty of crispy roast totties (who doesnít like roasting a totty?)
A bottle of whisky to fight with while Iím cooking it.
Whatís not to like. Hic! &#129347;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Apr 22 12.23pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

These days, the only things my dear wife makes for dinner are reservations.

I do recall her cooking a roast (Pork) but served it up with duck fat potatoes.I cannot abide duck, the potatoes were swiftly removed off my plate and I tore a strip off my dear wife as she knew full well my aversion to duck and thought I would not notice,but I caught a glance of the packaging.She felt the full force of my wrath.

Edited by Willo (10 Apr 2022 11.29am)

I know, you only like goose fat. Duck fat for foreigners and those types.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Apr 22 12.23pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Lawrie

Roast pork, crackling (I hope) and apple sauce. Plenty of crispy roast totties (who doesnít like roasting a totty?)
A bottle of whisky to fight with while Iím cooking it.
Whatís not to like. Hic! &#129347;

What time do you want me round

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Apr 22 12.34pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I know, you only like goose fat. Duck fat for foreigners and those types.

Add 'Remainers' to the list not 'Brexiteers' like 'Yours Truly'.

Edited by Willo (10 Apr 2022 12.35pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hannes's Profile Hannes Flag Vienna 10 Apr 22 12.58pm Send a Private Message to Hannes Add Hannes as a friend

Salted and smoked pork (actually no roast but cooked) today with mash and redbeet salad. Wild-garlic soup as a starter (wild garlic yielded by me when I walked the dog in the morning, the rest was Mrs. Hannes duty).

IMG_5077.JPG Attachment: IMG_5077.JPG (1,751.34Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lawrie's Profile Lawrie Flag Brooks Green (near Horsham) 10 Apr 22 1.02pm Send a Private Message to Lawrie Add Lawrie as a friend

Youíre welcome Badger. Should point out though that I guard my whisky bottle with the determination of the Ukrainians, andÖ.I also like to listen to loud classical music while Iím cooking/getting sloshed. Feel a spot of Wagner and/or Mahler coming on today.
Probably enough to put most people off. &#129315;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Do you still have a Sunday roast?