You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ronnie Edwards
January 29 2023 7.37pm

Ronnie Edwards

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 3 << First< 1 2 3

 

View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 01 Sep 22 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

£4mil + same in add-ons we've offered apparently.

I'm not against this, Chelsea were interested, highly rated, we need some options at CB. After Guehi, Andersen and Ward I can only think of Richards? Tomkins was a favourite of this fan for a while but I'm sceptical of his current state.

Can't help but feel it all sounds very familiar on deadline day, names like Neymar, Aubameyang, Tielemens, Douglas Luiz etc being thrown about and we're vying to sign a young League 2 CB.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 01 Sep 22 12.46pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

£4mil + same in add-ons we've offered apparently.

I'm not against this, Chelsea were interested, highly rated, we need some options at CB. After Guehi, Andersen and Ward I can only think of Richards? Tomkins was a favourite of this fan for a while but I'm sceptical of his current state.

Can't help but feel it all sounds very familiar on deadline day, names like Neymar, Aubameyang, Tielemens, Douglas Luiz etc being thrown about and we're vying to sign a young League 2 CB.

Another CB, just what we need, we can play Clyne, Ward, Richards, Andersen, Guehi, Tomkins, Edwards and Michell as a back 8

 


Does anyone know the way? Did we hear someone say?
(We just haven't got a clue what to do!)
Does anyone know the way? There's got to be a way


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 01 Sep 22 12.48pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Good player and with him and Richards we'll have decent cover at centre back.

But not a position we are desperate for, hopefully it doesn't take funds away from the 'centre mid pot'

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 01 Sep 22 5.14pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Good player and with him and Richards we'll have decent cover at centre back.

But not a position we are desperate for, hopefully it doesn't take funds away from the 'centre mid pot'

Not a position we are desperate for? If one of our 2 center backs gets injured, who plays there....ward-really....richards-not up to it....kouyate= oh wait we let him go on a free.....I'd say we are desperate for center back cover. Wether a 19 yea old from a low league club is thd answer.....who knows

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 01 Sep 22 5.52pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Not a position we are desperate for? If one of our 2 center backs gets injured, who plays there....ward-really....richards-not up to it....kouyate= oh wait we let him go on a free.....I'd say we are desperate for center back cover. Wether a 19 yea old from a low league club is thd answer.....who knows

True but I think the need for DM is still greater.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BelfastEagle's Profile BelfastEagle Flag 01 Sep 22 7.51pm Send a Private Message to BelfastEagle Add BelfastEagle as a friend

Rumours that they are expecting Chelsea to jump in with a big offer now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 01 Sep 22 7.55pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

He will only be loaned out so what is the point.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Swindy's Profile Swindy Flag Bromley 01 Sep 22 8.53pm Send a Private Message to Swindy Add Swindy as a friend

If true, Edwards plus another midfielder and a replacement for Benteke, but oh hang on Parish & Freedman have only had getting on for 3 months to sort it.
Perhaps his latest, do-it-on-the cheap idea is to fast track some of the under 14s from the Academy TV programme.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NE14T's Profile NE14T Flag 02 Sep 22 12.45pm Send a Private Message to NE14T Add NE14T as a friend

I feel sorry for Ronnie that he hasnít been given a chance by Peterborough to play in Premiership. Iíd imagine heís very pissed off and rightly so.

Maybe they were sitting there thinking a bigger offer would come in final hour. Bad miscalculation if that was the case.

Edited by NE14T (02 Sep 2022 1.08pm)

 


The beatings will stop when morale improves.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 02 Sep 22 12.46pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Not a position we are desperate for? If one of our 2 center backs gets injured, who plays there....ward-really....richards-not up to it....kouyate= oh wait we let him go on a free.....I'd say we are desperate for center back cover. Wether a 19 yea old from a low league club is thd answer.....who knows

Ward and Richards would be both up to the job. You hardly expect our cover to be as good as the main CB pairing do you?

Anderson played 34 times in the league last year and Guehi 36.

So given the choice of a new CB or new CM I'm taking a midfielder all day long

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 3 << First< 1 2 3

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ronnie Edwards