You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > jpm
May 20 2022 4.41am

jpm

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 29 Apr 22 6.27pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

A bbc stat
With him in the side we have a 50% win rate
Without him it's 17%
8 million , what a steal

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 04 May 22 2.06pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

I really can't make my mind up about JPM. He does look nippy and chases for the ball ( much more so than a certain Belgian International in our squad). His ball control is often better than one might expect from a gangly fella.

However, the end product, which we hope is goals, is still lacking - 5 in the PL since he came to the club.

I am still doubtful as to whether he is the solution to our need for an effective striker. I would still like to see Edouard given an equivalent amount game time to enable us to see who is the better option.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 04 May 22 2.25pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

If Nketiah signs and we cant offload Benteke, i think Edouard might be sold or loaned before his value has dropped to Benteke's standard.

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 04 May 22 2.31pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Since he asked for the BOOM! chant he hasn't scored

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Slimey Toad's Profile Slimey Toad Flag Karsiyaka, North Cyprus 04 May 22 3.20pm Send a Private Message to Slimey Toad Add Slimey Toad as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

Since he asked for the BOOM! chant he hasn't scored

Unfortunately it's been a whimper not a bang with the goals stats too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 04 May 22 10.15pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Bang average football player. Fair play to him, he seems to work harder than the others. But that only gets you so far. We really need to bring in quality up top.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 05 May 22 7.51am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

He just looks like a handful for defenders who don't seem to know how to manage him as he's all arms and legs and is big and strong as well as being quick. He's such an anomaly as he can look like Sanogo one minute and the next minute he's putting the ball in the net or creating a great chance. I agree that 8 million now looks like a good deal, but if we want to progress either he needs to improve or we need a new front man. I like him though as he seems like a big nerd who you could imagine playing dungeons and dragons and listening to Metallica.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 05 May 22 8.56am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Bang average football player. Fair play to him, he seems to work harder than the others. But that only gets you so far. We really need to bring in quality up top.

I agree with what you say the problem is we have 3 CF, cost about 55m between them and are on about 230k a week between them and they are all under contract for at least another season, but although Mateta looks good value, and is the best he is a bench player really, so what to do with Edouard and Benteke? and who to bring in if Nketiah doesn't want to come

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 05 May 22 9.37am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

The fact that Palace continue to be linked with Nketiah suggests that either Mateta, Edouard or Benteke wil be moved on this summer.

If we don't get Nketiah I think we will continue to look for another striker.

Our move towards a more youthful squad, plus the wages consideration, has me thinking it will be Benteke that will go.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 05 May 22 10.27am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

The fact that Palace continue to be linked with Nketiah suggests that either Mateta, Edouard or Benteke wil be moved on this summer.

If we don't get Nketiah I think we will continue to look for another striker.

Our move towards a more youthful squad, plus the wages consideration, has me thinking it will be Benteke that will go.


Provided he wants to go and someone is willing to buy him.

As for Nketiah, I read somewhere that Arsenal are making a last ditch attempt to get him to sign a new contract. Will be interesting to see whether he does or whether he will look at what happened to Lingard at Manure and decide he'll go elsewhere. I can't see Arsenal NOT buying a new striker in the coming window which would leave Nketiah bench warming IMO.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 05 May 22 10.49am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Think people are being overly harsh on Mateta. He's improved no end since arriving, and after a difficult start has cemented his place as 1st choice striker in the Team.

He's by no means the finished article, but I think he shows good movement and desire, and generally hits the target. At 24 he still has time to improve further.

Like *most (the best seem to be able to score in any environment) strikers He needs the correct service that suits him - or needs to adapt his play to get his chances. The second takes time, and is the issue most new players face.

A truly prolific striker is hard to come by, and there are no guarantees that they will succeed at a new club.

I dare say that this year has been about Benteke's Successor: Mateta or Edouard. Mateta apppears to have won that battle. Edouard could still come good and Benteke is a good sub option.

We need to focus on the rebuilding of the midfield this summer(and keeping the likes of Eze and Olise). Strikers are not a priority - although the nature of the position is that you should not miss out on a desired striker if they become available.. which is what I think is happening with Nketiah.

Mark my words; Next year is JPM's year.


Edited by CrazyBadger (05 May 2022 10.50am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 05 May 22 11.03am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

Think people are being overly harsh on Mateta. He's improved no end since arriving, and after a difficult start has cemented his place as 1st choice striker in the Team.

He's by no means the finished article, but I think he shows good movement and desire, and generally hits the target. At 24 he still has time to improve further.

Like *most (the best seem to be able to score in any environment) strikers He needs the correct service that suits him - or needs to adapt his play to get his chances. The second takes time, and is the issue most new players face.

A truly prolific striker is hard to come by, and there are no guarantees that they will succeed at a new club.

I dare say that this year has been about Benteke's Successor: Mateta or Edouard. Mateta apppears to have won that battle. Edouard could still come good and Benteke is a good sub option.

We need to focus on the rebuilding of the midfield this summer(and keeping the likes of Eze and Olise). Strikers are not a priority - although the nature of the position is that you should not miss out on a desired striker if they become available.. which is what I think is happening with Nketiah.

Mark my words; Next year is JPM's year.

Edited by CrazyBadger (05 May 2022 10.50am)


My thoughts too, Badger. We are currently the ninth highest scorers in the PL and have already scored more than in the previous two seasons and could well beat our return of 3 seasons ago (when Luka scored 12 of which 11 were penalties). We need to give both JPM and Edouard more time.

Not sure about your final statement re next year being JPM's year, though. If he can remain the no. 1 striker then I could see him hitting 10-15 league goals.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > jpm