You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > BBC Micro games from the 80s
July 3 2022 5.40am

BBC Micro games from the 80s

Previous Topic | Next Topic


 

View sitdownstandup's Profile sitdownstandup Flag 30 Apr 22 7.57pm Send a Private Message to sitdownstandup Add sitdownstandup as a friend

This is one for the older folks on here. Just surfing the net and came across this website where they have I think every BBC micro game available. Football director and Football manager are on there and playable. Not much cop compared to games now but brings back memories. I had a c64 back in the day but played those games and its good to have a go on them again.

[Link]

 


Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destroys a visible Nature. Unaware that this Nature hes destroying is this God hes worshipping.

Hubert Reeves

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 May 22 11.55am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

[Link] this might jog a few memories.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Noz's Profile Noz Flag North Hampshire 03 May 22 4.39pm Send a Private Message to Noz Add Noz as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

[Link] this might jog a few memories.

Oh wow, I played a lot of Elite on my C64. Docking music was "Blue Danube", stolen, obviously from 2001 A Space Odyssey

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 03 May 22 6.57pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

I've still got my old Sinclair Spectrum (and a portable cassette player) in the loft. Not really worth much, but I can't bring myself to part with it. Some of those old games were fun.

By Jove, computer games have come a long way in a relatively short time. Today's graphics and the game complexity are off the scale in comparison.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 22 8.01pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

I've still got my old Sinclair Spectrum (and a portable cassette player) in the loft. Not really worth much, but I can't bring myself to part with it. Some of those old games were fun.

By Jove, computer games have come a long way in a relatively short time. Today's graphics and the game complexity are off the scale in comparison.

I have something called a retrocade which has 9000 games from the past on it. Saves the loading (which won't work from the tape, I'm guessing!). There are Spectrum emulators which you will be able to load games from, if you're slightly savvy (or look up how to do it). Used to love Cricket Captain on the Spectrum but, thankfully, it isn't much different on the PC. On my last PC I had a C64 emulator downloaded.
FM22 where Palace win everything, every year, my game of the moment on a totally unnecessarily high spec laptop.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Grumbles's Profile Grumbles 04 May 22 7.28pm Send a Private Message to Grumbles Add Grumbles as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I have something called a retrocade which has 9000 games from the past on it. Saves the loading (which won't work from the tape, I'm guessing!). There are Spectrum emulators which you will be able to load games from, if you're slightly savvy (or look up how to do it). Used to love Cricket Captain on the Spectrum but, thankfully, it isn't much different on the PC. On my last PC I had a C64 emulator downloaded.
FM22 where Palace win everything, every year, my game of the moment on a totally unnecessarily high spec laptop.

I've got a retrocade as well. The Odroid 64, get out sometimes and I find the young 'uns love the old coin op.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 04 May 22 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

I was a bit hacked-off when i found my old TV game in my parents garage 20 years ago. Looked just a bit dusty on the outside, but the circuitry must have been corroded as hell, as didn't even get a glimmer of life from it.
Luckily, as the previous posters have said, you can find most of the games for free online.
Best BBC game for me was Chucky egg. Elite was a bit more technical, as were a lot of the flight simulators and the graphics used so much memory, they were only just useable.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 05 May 22 7.22pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Noz

Oh wow, I played a lot of Elite on my C64. Docking music was "Blue Danube", stolen, obviously from 2001 A Space Odyssey

Or some beeps on the Spectrum version.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Noz's Profile Noz Flag North Hampshire 06 May 22 5.22pm Send a Private Message to Noz Add Noz as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Or some beeps on the Spectrum version.

I never had a spectrum 48k, but my best buddy did: I was always horribly jealous of him for having the games "Atic Attack" and "Jet Set Willy".

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 13 May 22 3.53pm Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by Noz

Oh wow, I played a lot of Elite on my C64. Docking music was "Blue Danube", stolen, obviously from 2001 A Space Odyssey

I now play Elite on the PS5..many an evening / early morning spent throwing the Acorn Electron keyboard around after failing to dock having spent 3hrs travelling to the space port!!

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 13 May 22 3.55pm Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by Noz

I never had a spectrum 48k, but my best buddy did: I was always horribly jealous of him for having the games "Atic Attack" and "Jet Set Willy".

I actually managed to complete jet Set Willy 3 weeks after release and there was a phone number displayed at the end to ring and let them know....I thought i'd made it big time and was gonna wina prize, only to find it was then a kebab shop!

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 


Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > BBC Micro games from the 80s