You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Watford predictions
May 20 2022 6.13am

Watford predictions

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 05 May 22 10.02pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

The coffin. Re-read the sentence and see me after class

OK, I'd therefore like to change my hilarious comment to:

"If the coffin is 5 1/2 feet down, we won't be allowed to insert the final nail due to health and safety rules surrounding working in dug trenches, which are liable to collapse".

At least 3-0 to Palace. Watford have to win. I can't see their players sticking to a park the bus strategy; they inevitably will venture forward, which in turn will allow us to exploit them.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 05 May 22 11.07pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by YT

OK, I'd therefore like to change my hilarious comment to:

"If the coffin is 5 1/2 feet down, we won't be allowed to insert the final nail due to health and safety rules surrounding working in dug trenches, which are liable to collapse".

At least 3-0 to Palace. Watford have to win. I can't see their players sticking to a park the bus strategy; they inevitably will venture forward, which in turn will allow us to exploit them.

Very valid reasoning.

However, I am also open to the notion that this Watford team is after all just a bunch of mercenaries and therefore, knowing their fate is sealed, may well just throw in the towel without so much as a whimper. Doesn’t seem too wild an idea is alls I’m sayinz!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 06 May 22 8.31am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by YT

OK, I'd therefore like to change my hilarious comment to:

"If the coffin is 5 1/2 feet down, we won't be allowed to insert the final nail due to health and safety rules surrounding working in dug trenches, which are liable to collapse".

At least 3-0 to Palace. Watford have to win. I can't see their players sticking to a park the bus strategy; they inevitably will venture forward, which in turn will allow us to exploit them.

Much better

In Roy's presser he clearly has accepted their fate so whether that feeds through to the players is another issue, and of course how that affects them.

"You know, it's a sad, sad moment when you get relegated from any division, let alone the Premier League. One of the things you have to do, unfortunately, is to get your mind straight in some way, so that you can prepare for the match that you know you've still got to play, albeit that the result is not going to have any bearing on your fate."

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 06 May 22 9.15am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

One could argue that both Norwich & Watford will have some players that would hope to be plucked from the opening relegation trapdoor & as such will be playing to the full (shop window style) in attempts to highlight / showcase their skills to those teams that will be in the PL next year.

The 3 teams coming up might well want to bolster their squads with PL seasoned players who are suddenly on the market.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 May 22 9.26am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

One could argue that both Norwich & Watford will have some players that would hope to be plucked from the opening relegation trapdoor & as such will be playing to the full (shop window style) in attempts to highlight / showcase their skills to those teams that will be in the PL next year.

The 3 teams coming up might well want to bolster their squads with PL seasoned players who are suddenly on the market.

Very true, hadn't considered that. I'm inclined to believe Mitrovic will stay with Fulham but were we to see some sort of 'Andy Carroll' or Ollie Watkins type move transpire, Fulham may well turn their attention to the likes of Benteke, especially if we pay for postage and packaging as I believe we should offer. Applicable for others too.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 06 May 22 9.40am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Because of the TV money and parachute payments I think the days of plucking quality players from relegated sides for a bargain is largely gone. More likely we would pay top dollar.

There are plenty of good players in the relegated teams I like Denis at Watford but I also think the days of Palace paying top dollar for average players is also gone.

I think our market is lower leagues and abroad and a targetted free transfer. We wont be signing Max Arrons from Norwich I am not sure he is that good anyway.

Edited by Badger11 (06 May 2022 9.41am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 06 May 22 9.54am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Fulham scored over 100 goals this season ( albeit in the Championship) so it might be a long shot trying to persuade them that they need Benteke - although I do wonder if Silva will persuade them that they need Richarlison from Everton ?

Maybe we could persuade Bournemouth that Benteke is a suitable replacement for Callum Wilson ?


Originally posted by Nicholas91

Very true, hadn't considered that. I'm inclined to believe Mitrovic will stay with Fulham but were we to see some sort of 'Andy Carroll' or Ollie Watkins type move transpire, Fulham may well turn their attention to the likes of Benteke, especially if we pay for postage and packaging as I believe we should offer. Applicable for others too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 May 22 10.00am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

Fulham scored over 100 goals this season ( albeit in the Championship) so it might be a long shot trying to persuade them that they need Benteke - although I do wonder if Silva will persuade them that they need Richarlison from Everton ?

Maybe we could persuade Bournemouth that Benteke is a suitable replacement for Callum Wilson ?


Perhaps. I think if Benteke does go on the market there will be some demand for him. I have the image of a £5mil move to Turkey or China in my head however which he may well turn down but you never know!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 06 May 22 10.01am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

Fulham scored over 100 goals this season ( albeit in the Championship) so it might be a long shot trying to persuade them that they need Benteke - although I do wonder if Silva will persuade them that they need Richarlison from Everton ?

Maybe we could persuade Bournemouth that Benteke is a suitable replacement for Callum Wilson ?

He can try all he likes, there's no way Richarlison is going to Fulham even if the Toffees come unstuck. Rumour has it PSG want him and possibly Real Madrid but personally I think Arsenal might push for him (and I think he'd thrive there).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 May 22 10.24am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

He can try all he likes, there's no way Richarlison is going to Fulham even if the Toffees come unstuck. Rumour has it PSG want him and possibly Real Madrid but personally I think Arsenal might push for him (and I think he'd thrive there).

That's not a bad shout that.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 06 May 22 10.48am Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

He can try all he likes, there's no way Richarlison is going to Fulham even if the Toffees come unstuck. Rumour has it PSG want him and possibly Real Madrid but personally I think Arsenal might push for him (and I think he'd thrive there).

Can’t see Everton letting him go anywhere. They’d probably be down already without him this season.

 


“You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don’t take”

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 06 May 22 11.15am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Davepalace707

Can’t see Everton letting him go anywhere. They’d probably be down already without him this season.


After all the money they've thrown away in recent years and the Russian connection, Everton almost certainly have financial problems. Today's Beeb gossip column speaks of them being prepared to sell Pickford to help their rebuilding programme for next season. I think they are already resigned to losing Richarlison and If they do go down, they'll struggle to keep Calvert-Lewin and Mina IMO.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Watford predictions