You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Airport queues
August 19 2022 3.13pm

Airport queues

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 17 May 22 3.08pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

BA seemed to be one of those companies that lost their identity - initially presenting itself as the branded option (worth the extra expense) & then (over time) lost the courage of their convictions & in attempts to retain market share against the various low cost options tried to become all things to all men & in doing so kind of lost the plot / fell between 2 stools - Once that happens its hard for a company to reinvent itself.

Well put. They still have the arrogance of a great brand but the performance of a bucket shop "what do you expect for that price".
The problem being that their fares are not bucket shop.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 18 May 22 2.13am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I will arrive ( scheduled ) at 9.55am on a Wednesday morning Gatwick South Terminal. All things being equal how long do you think it will take to get to train station?

Any advice appreciated

 


When the veneer of civility cracks and the abuse starts....sit back, smile and enjoy a point at Anfield

He reaching for the pocket....and it's a long overdue yellow

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 18 May 22 6.23am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

I will arrive ( scheduled ) at 9.55am on a Wednesday morning Gatwick South Terminal. All things being equal how long do you think it will take to get to train station?

Any advice appreciated

Once you have collected your bags, about 5 minutes. How long that takes, how long is a piece of string? If not with children use the egates , plenty of them at ST
Between 9 and 11 seems quite busy but hopefully being midweek passenger numbers are low on flights expected

Edited by Spiderman (18 May 2022 6.26am)

Edited by Spiderman (18 May 2022 8.06am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 May 22 6.33am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I like Gatwick and use the train so Spiderman is correct from baggage collect its a short walk.

I forgot to mention at Heathrow the baggage claim system stopped because a bag got stuck, all they had to do was move the bag and restart the system. It took about 20 mins for somebody to rock up to do that despite passengers complaining nobody seemed to be in a hurry.

Still a minor inconvenience considering my previous flight.

Good luck.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nickyf's Profile nickyf 21 May 22 9.59am Send a Private Message to nickyf Add nickyf as a friend

Any latest on queues media has gone quiet for a bit?

Noticed lots of flights via different airlines to Amsterdam cancelled from Birmingham not sure why?

Edited by nickyf (21 May 2022 10.06am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 21 May 22 10.15am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

The wife went to Dubai this week - Gatwick North - Fairly long queue at the check in but otherwise OK, she was a bit annoyed though, it was a night flight departing at around 9.45 pm & she was telling me that most of the restaurant's in the terminal closed at 7pm

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 21 May 22 10.30am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

The wife went to Dubai this week - Gatwick North - Fairly long queue at the check in but otherwise OK, she was a bit annoyed though, it was a night flight departing at around 9.45 pm & she was telling me that most of the restaurant's in the terminal closed at 7pm

What! You didnít make her a pack up

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 21 May 22 10.36am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

She likes to do her duty free shopping first & then enjoy her dinner, she would be less than impressed with me trying to get her to take a packed lunch - lol

Originally posted by cryrst

What! You didnít make her a pack up

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 21 May 22 10.42am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

She likes to do her duty free shopping first & then enjoy her dinner, she would be less than impressed with me trying to get her to take a packed lunch - lol

Could get it from M and S, that would impress her Iím sure

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 21 May 22 10.44am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by nickyf

Any latest on queues media has gone quiet for a bit?

Noticed lots of flights via different airlines to Amsterdam cancelled from Birmingham not sure why?

Edited by nickyf (21 May 2022 10.06am)

Unfortunately delays are now so common place that the media no longer report them. So best to trawl the internet to see if your airport if affected.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 21 May 22 10.45am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

The wife went to Dubai this week - Gatwick North - Fairly long queue at the check in but otherwise OK, she was a bit annoyed though, it was a night flight departing at around 9.45 pm & she was telling me that most of the restaurant's in the terminal closed at 7pm

A right pain as many short haul flights no longer serve food, not much help though if they are closed.

As a general rule I would say to anyone flying don't rely on the airline supplying food, you may go hungry.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 21 May 22 10.45am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Clearly you have never met my wife, lol
an M&S sandwich might be nice but its no match to a nice hot meal served on a plate with a glass of something cold & sparkly to wash it down with.


Originally posted by cryrst

Could get it from M and S, that would impress her Iím sure

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Airport queues