You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Well done Bromley
October 6 2022 3.39pm

Well done Bromley

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View Old Chap's Profile Old Chap Flag Orpington 22 May 22 6.37pm Send a Private Message to Old Chap Add Old Chap as a friend

Winning the FA Trophy

(Andy Woodman has put on a bit of weight)

 


Trivial fact - Palace used to win 5-1 at least once a season, maybe next season?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 22 May 22 6.58pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I think a bit is an understatement. A big thing in non league football. Used to put you straight into FA Cup round 1 too. Not sure it does anymore.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hannes's Profile Hannes Flag Vienna 22 May 22 7.13pm Send a Private Message to Hannes Add Hannes as a friend

Dave Roberts will be over the moon ...... and can write a new book now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 23 May 22 8.17am Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

A great win. I believe this would be Bromley's first victory in the premier non-league knock out competition since winning the old Amateur Cup in 1949!

I always check out the Bromley result. I grew up in the area and my first football matches were Isthmian League games at Hayes Lane in the early 60s.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 23 May 22 9.25am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Hannes

Dave Roberts will be over the moon ...... and can write a new book now.

That could prove to be somewhat difficult....

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 23 May 22 9.26am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

A great win. I believe this would be Bromley's first victory in the premier non-league knock out competition since winning the old Amateur Cup in 1949!

I always check out the Bromley result. I grew up in the area and my first football matches were Isthmian League games at Hayes Lane in the early 60s.

Same here.

I go back as far as Eric Nottage, bit of a goal scorer back in the day

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hannes's Profile Hannes Flag Vienna 23 May 22 7.51pm Send a Private Message to Hannes Add Hannes as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

That could prove to be somewhat difficult....

Uups, just found out on the Web that he passed away. Hadn`t known that before. Loved his books and his first one, The Bromley Boys, still ranking as one of my favourite football books. RIP!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 23 May 22 10.05pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Same here.

I go back as far as Eric Nottage, bit of a goal scorer back in the day

I remember Eric, and Postman Pat Brown up front, and a guy by the name of Bridges at full back. My first game was a 2-4 home defeat to Sutton United in November 1963. It started snowing in the 2nd half.

Edited by Pete53 (23 May 2022 10.06pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Co Derry Palace's Profile Co Derry Palace Flag maghera co derry 23 May 22 10.25pm Send a Private Message to Co Derry Palace Add Co Derry Palace as a friend

I think for anyone familiar with Bromley FC and Dave Robert's books, it was pretty incredible that they finally won the FA Trophy a few months after his passing. Have fond memories of Hayes Lane and thoroughly recommend the books.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 29 May 22 2.36pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Co Derry Palace

I think for anyone familiar with Bromley FC and Dave Robert's books, it was pretty incredible that they finally won the FA Trophy a few months after his passing. Have fond memories of Hayes Lane and thoroughly recommend the books.

I never knew about the books or film until this thread. I'm from Hayes, Bromley. My brother was always at Bromley - if Palace weren't at home. The "crowds" were perhaps 100s - if that.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 29 May 22 4.21pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

Season tickets on offer at the moment for £97.

Worth a punt of you can't afford a season ticket at Palace or simply can't get the bloody website to work.

A club on the up and Woody seems to be finding his feet as a coach/manager

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent/Made in Bromley 29 May 22 7.35pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

Season tickets on offer at the moment for £97.

Worth a punt of you can't afford a season ticket at Palace or simply can't get the bloody website to work.

A club on the up and Woody seems to be finding his feet as a coach/manager

Iíve bought one as I usually do a few Bromley games every season anyway. At £20 per game, you only have to do 5 games and youíre saving money, bargain!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Well done Bromley