You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Reece Hannam
July 3 2022 6.23am

Reece Hannam

Previous Topic | Next Topic


 

View glaziermart's Profile glaziermart Flag 10 Jun 22 6.27pm Send a Private Message to glaziermart Add glaziermart as a friend

I think a few of us have forgotten Reece Hannam still exists!!! He is contracted to us until June 2023, but Tayo has obviously shot ahead of him as our cover for Mitchell at left back. Does anyone know if he played much at under 23 level last season? I can't see him remaining here after this summer. We might end up writing off his contract

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 10 Jun 22 7.01pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by glaziermart

I think a few of us have forgotten Reece Hannam still exists!!! He is contracted to us until June 2023, but Tayo has obviously shot ahead of him as our cover for Mitchell at left back. Does anyone know if he played much at under 23 level last season? I can't see him remaining here after this summer. We might end up writing off his contract


As I recall and all of this is from a aged and poor memory so don't take it as gospel.

Tayo got his chance because Reece had a bad injury that kept him out for much of the first half of the season. He has played in some games since, usually off the bench.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 Jun 22 8.05pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

From what I've seen of him, he has a future in football. Perhaps not the Premier League just yet. I would say League One/Championship he would be a squad player.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 10 Jun 22 9.50pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

I'd forgotten all about him. He did look promising and I recall him playing a blinder in the U23 play-off semi final against Wolves that I attended last May.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 11 Jun 22 12.37pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

He was one of a few players I think we bought in to improve the quality of the development teams, without necessarily expecting them to make it into the first team. I think we hung onto Kirby for so long for the same reason.

We picked up Hannam, Sion Spence, Jack Roles all who had been released from other academies and were certainly not going to make it as Premier League footballers - improving the standard of the development teams should mean that the top prospects coming out of it are better players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 12 Jun 22 11.14am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Hannam looked like a standout player in the U23s at the end of 20/21, but when he got his chance in preseason with the first team he looked out of his depth, in my view. Tayo is really highly rated by the ROI coaching team and the fact he got his debut for the first XI does probably mean Hannam is unlikely to get his chance unless there are injuries. Preseason friendlies always seem to give an indication of who is sniffing around the first XI (even if they ultimately don't make it).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Jun 22 11.27am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

He was one of a few players I think we bought in to improve the quality of the development teams, without necessarily expecting them to make it into the first team. I think we hung onto Kirby for so long for the same reason.

We picked up Hannam, Sion Spence, Jack Roles all who had been released from other academies and were certainly not going to make it as Premier League footballers - improving the standard of the development teams should mean that the top prospects coming out of it are better players.

Unfortunately this is probably true of quite a few of them. They think they have a chance when really they are there to help the 1 or 2 players the club believe can make it.

Horrible thought to realise your job is to help somebody else progress their career and then your done.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 17 Jun 22 2.09pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

He'll be 22 in September, so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get a League 2/lower League 1 loan and make a name for himself that way. Pointless sitting in the U23s.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Jun 22 3.09pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Unfortunately this is probably true of quite a few of them. They think they have a chance when really they are there to help the 1 or 2 players the club believe can make it.

Horrible thought to realise your job is to help somebody else progress their career and then your done.

Yep, though from what I've seen Hannam does have a paid future in the game, it's just about what the level is....similar to Quick.

It's nice and a reflection of our past that we do have a decent standard in our academy sides.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 18 Jun 22 7.58am Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yep, though from what I've seen Hannam does have a paid future in the game, it's just about what the level is....similar to Quick.

It's nice and a reflection of our past that we do have a decent standard in our academy sides.

Hannam is a West ham product not ours,

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 


Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Reece Hannam