You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > 'Diversity' in advertising
November 27 2022 3.29pm

'Diversity' in advertising

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 11 of 12 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 02 Nov 22 9.37am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

So let me guess most TV adverts now feature non white actors which as only 12% of the population clearly over represents that population. However those same voices complain when it is a job advert for the prison service, they don't like diversity there.

I just looked at some stats on how many black people are in prison. The actual answer is 4k out of a population 85k approximate figures.

So not many black people in prison then err not quite that number is black British. You have to add onto that 11k "mixed" and then there is the 7k Asian plus there are others and odds and sods.

In short it is not easy to quantify how many, it's funny how when in prison many claim to be mixed race but when they are victims they define themselves as black or POC.

There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics.

I think what makes me laugh Badger is the fact it was an 'actual photo' however this was branded as 'racist'. So it was the actual reality they are offended by, not the marketing, advertiser's subjective decision making!

I might well start complaining about MoTD/Sky etc showing Palace games where we lose to the Top 6 teams and claim it enforces negative stereotypes about Palace!

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 Nov 22 12.00pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I think what makes me laugh Badger is the fact it was an 'actual photo' however this was branded as 'racist'. So it was the actual reality they are offended by, not the marketing, advertiser's subjective decision making!

I might well start complaining about MoTD/Sky etc showing Palace games where we lose to the Top 6 teams and claim it enforces negative stereotypes about Palace!

LOL

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 04 Nov 22 11.01am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I wonder what British black women think of so many TV ads having black man with white wife?

The same race ( different sex ) couples now mostly in ads for funeral services and over 60's life insurance

You don't see the same trend with South Asian men, Oriental men etc

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 04 Nov 22 5.50pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

In my own mini survey of my own family, friends and acquaintances - I don't know anyone who is in a mixed race relationship of any kind. My eldest did have a black boyfriend for a while, he came for Christmas but it didn't last. I know one woman who has a black child from a previous relationship. I have a large family and not one is in a mixed race relationship. Just realised that one of my daughter's friends has a black boyfriend and child. I guess you could say it's about 1 in a couple of hundred. Just wonder about the reality of it all.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 04 Nov 22 10.02pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

I wonder what British black women think of so many TV ads having black man with white wife?

Or all the black women angry to see so many black footballers abandoning their own community ? Ditto ?

MO SALAH is a hero for staying with his childhood sweetheart. Loyalty is a noble attribute when you suddenly have infinite options.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 04 Nov 22 10.44pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I am looking more at the wokeness embedded in advertising now.

Who people choose the partner up with is up to them.

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe West 04 Nov 22 10.50pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

I am looking more at the wokeness embedded in advertising now.

Who people choose the partner up with is up to them.

Similarly, isn't it also up to advertisers who they use in adverts?

Also 'wokeness' is such an overused term now I think it's lost all meaning. 'Oriental' certainly has, but for different reasons

 


said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Did you know? 95% of people are morons.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 05 Nov 22 12.08am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

In my own mini survey of my own family, friends and acquaintances - I don't know anyone who is in a mixed race relationship of any kind. My eldest did have a black boyfriend for a while, he came for Christmas but it didn't last. I know one woman who has a black child from a previous relationship. I have a large family and not one is in a mixed race relationship. Just realised that one of my daughter's friends has a black boyfriend and child. I guess you could say it's about 1 in a couple of hundred. Just wonder about the reality of it all.

I donít think you live in Croydon. It amazes me how many couples you see of all ages who are clearly of different races. Take a walk in any Croydon park.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 05 Nov 22 12.38am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I donít think you live in Croydon. It amazes me how many couples you see of all ages who are clearly of different races. Take a walk in any Croydon park.


Not so much in the rest of the country though.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 05 Nov 22 2.23am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

Similarly, isn't it also up to advertisers who they use in adverts?

Also 'wokeness' is such an overused term now I think it's lost all meaning. 'Oriental' certainly has, but for different reasons

Why has Oriental lost it's meaning? In Asia we find it odd that Asians in Europe are Indian sub continent?

Wokeness I use as a catch all term for racial identity politics and gender politics. The two often go hand in hand so it's a convenient term. You don't have to eat quinoa to qualify.

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 05 Nov 22 8.57am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Advertisers have always portrayed a fantasy land. A land where a housewife's first concern is to buy the best dinner for her husband, or to use the correct air freshener. A land where kids are all sugar and sweetness and not the knife-carrying little 5hlt5 we read in the news. Advertisers have to distort reality in order to convey the message that your life is incomplete without their product.
It swerves the main issue, but advertising agencies don't produce anything that isn't going to absolutely maximise sales (in theory). Unless told otherwise.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 05 Nov 22 9.20am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


Not so much in the rest of the country though.

[Link]

7% seems plenty to me. Especially when you consider many couple are from an earlier demographic that didnít mix as much racially

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 11 of 12 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > 'Diversity' in advertising