You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Conservative Leadership Runners and Riders
August 18 2022 12.05pm

Conservative Leadership Runners and Riders

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 33 of 37 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 03 Aug 22 6.50pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Is that in preference to Sunak or generally?

In conversations I have had with them apropos the leadership ballot, they are firmly behind Liz Truss as opposed to Rishi Sunak.

A recent poll has Truss on 58%, Sunak on 26%, with 12% undecided.
This reflects a separate poll conducted by You.Gov.
Sunak requires a gargantuan game-changer to turn around his fortunes and time is running out.


Edited by Willo (03 Aug 2022 6.53pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 03 Aug 22 7.23pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In conversations I have had with them apropos the leadership ballot, they are firmly behind Liz Truss as opposed to Rishi Sunak.

A recent poll has Truss on 58%, Sunak on 26%, with 12% undecided.

That goes to show how stupid the Conservative membership is. The Conservative MPs who know the runners and riders far better than anyone else preferred Sunak rather than the cheese queen

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 03 Aug 22 8.03pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

That goes to show how stupid the Conservative membership is. The Conservative MPs who know the runners and riders far better than anyone else preferred Sunak rather than the cheese queen

Rules is rules.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 03 Aug 22 10.29pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by becky

Ah well, wait till she has to go to the weekly meetings with HM the Queen, who probably knows more than the lot of them put together....she's seen 14 of them off already!

Thats if she knows the way to buck house Becky! Yep, queenie must wonder what on earth has happened over the years to have such thickos in gov- bet shes glad shes 95 or 96!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 04 Aug 22 11.13am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

In conversations I have had with them apropos the leadership ballot, they are firmly behind Liz Truss as opposed to Rishi Sunak.

A recent poll has Truss on 58%, Sunak on 26%, with 12% undecided.
This reflects a separate poll conducted by You.Gov.
Sunak requires a gargantuan game-changer to turn around his fortunes and time is running out.


Edited by Willo (03 Aug 2022 6.53pm)

This has to change.

It's completely nonsensical that our government will be led by someone who was, at best, the second choice of the representatives chosen by us.

No group of activists should possess such power, whether on the right, or left. I can just imagine the right wing press being incandescent if the same was happening under a Labour government and Momentum choosing the PM.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 04 Aug 22 11.46am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

This has to change.

It's completely nonsensical that our government will be led by someone who was, at best, the second choice of the representatives chosen by us.

No group of activists should possess such power, whether on the right, or left. I can just imagine the right wing press being incandescent if the same was happening under a Labour government and Momentum choosing the PM.

I agree Wisbech, this system for choosing a leader of the party, and as a result, Prime Minister, is nonsensical.

Whoever wins would do themselves, and the Country, a favour by making it a priority to change the process once they are elected.

My money's on Truss for a number of reasons, not least because she stands up for the United Kingdom. The grenades she has thrown at both the Scottish and Welsh nationalists in the last couple of days have hit the target. She's also not afraid to make a stand against the rhetoric coming from Russia and China.

On the whole she would appear to have more ideas about issues that affect us all than Sunak who seems stuck in a tax cut groove.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 04 Aug 22 11.50am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

I agree Wisbech, this system for choosing a leader of the party, and as a result, Prime Minister, is nonsensical.

Whoever wins would do themselves, and the Country, a favour by making it a priority to change the process once they are elected.

My money's on Truss for a number of reasons, not least because she stands up for the United Kingdom. The grenades she has thrown at both the Scottish and Welsh nationalists in the last couple of days have hit the target. She's also not afraid to make a stand against the rhetoric coming from Russia and China.

On the whole she would appear to have more ideas about issues that affect us all than Sunak who seems stuck in a tax cut groove.

For me, the party leadership thing is fine. What needs to be done though, is it needs to be formalised that a general election must be held within a certain time frame - from immediate, six months a year, that kind of thing. The basic reason is a lot of people might vote for the party due to who will be PM. No one will have chosen Sunak or Truss - making a bit of a joke of democracy.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 04 Aug 22 8.19pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Our next pm lizzy is getting eaten alive on skys debate- she just melted when she was reminded she said she wanted to build a million homes on the green belt just 3 years ago, she said shes changed her mind now! Mrs brownfield of Tunbridge Wells wasnt impressed!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 04 Aug 22 8.28pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Kay Burley to lizzy- how did you propose to save the 8 billion ? Lizzy replies-I dont have the answers with me! Welcome pm, you are just what the country needs in a crisis!Kay has the writing up in the background-how was this misrepresenting you? Lizzy had nowhere to go, after her 24 hour u turn!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 04 Aug 22 8.28pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Our next pm lizzy is getting eaten alive on skys debate- she just melted when she was reminded she said she wanted to build a million homes on the green belt just 3 years ago, she said shes changed her mind now! Mrs brownfield of Tunbridge Wells wasnt impressed!

Where else are these immigrants going to live if they canít get a four bed detached in Hampshire. I think itís disgraceful that hmg havenít compulsory purchased homes from people to house them !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 04 Aug 22 8.31pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Kay Burley to lizzy- how did you propose to save the 8 billion ? Lizzy replies-I dont have the answers with me! Welcome pm, you are just what the country needs in a crisis!Kay has the writing up in the background-how was this misrepresenting you? Lizzy had nowhere to go, after her 24 hour u turn!

Liz Truss is a joke,she spouted guff about how trussworthy (sorry ,unavoidable pun) but forgot to mention to hubby that she was screwing another M.P. Mark Field, the country at large will be the next to be screwed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 04 Aug 22 8.32pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Big gulp when windfall tax mentioned by Kay, liz nearly swallowed her tongue, shell making nearly 2 grand a second, head of bp says he will continue even after windfall tax- shell giving 6.5 billion to shareholders, lizzy is struggling again!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 33 of 37 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Conservative Leadership Runners and Riders