You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Conservative Leadership Runners and Riders
October 2 2022 4.29pm

Conservative Leadership Runners and Riders

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 45 of 45 << First< 41 42 43 44 45

 

View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 07 Sep 22 10.37pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Well quite.

The one positive about having Corbyn running Labour was at least people were presented with a choice, of sorts.

But now? What actually changes if Starmer were to become PM tomorrow? Apart from having white people back in charge of running things?

We will probably see a fundamental difference tomorrow with Truss favouring big business but Labour favouring working people, over who is to pay for the energy price freeze, a 'pinched' labour idea.

We won't be storming the barricades though with Sir Keir I agree.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 08 Sep 22 6.21am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

We will probably see a fundamental difference tomorrow with Truss favouring big business but Labour favouring working people, over who is to pay for the energy price freeze, a 'pinched' labour idea.

We won't be storming the barricades though with Sir Keir I agree.


Liz did give a reason behind why business is important at PMQ. History shows if you tax the granny out of them they find a way to pay less and leave.
Just scale that down to self employed who can easily cook their books with good/cute accounting and invoicing. Cabbies on £30k a year, yeah right!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 08 Sep 22 8.38am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Liz did give a reason behind why business is important at PMQ. History shows if you tax the granny out of them they find a way to pay less and leave.
Just scale that down to self employed who can easily cook their books with good/cute accounting and invoicing. Cabbies on £30k a year, yeah right!

How many new customers to sell household energy in the world are there?

Ď&If it isnít energy itíll be another industry.íí Great. Landlordís with empty properties next.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 08 Sep 22 8.50am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Well quite.

The one positive about having Corbyn running Labour was at least people were presented with a choice, of sorts.

But now? What actually changes if Starmer were to become PM tomorrow? Apart from having white people back in charge of running things?

If Starmer became PM then he would be ditched in double quick time to make way for some proper leftie stuff.
They are using his middle class, more centric stance to get elected and as soon as they are then the nightmare will begin.
The only long term good that would come out of that is that if they do it then they will never be elected again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 Sep 22 9.16am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I notice the usual suspects are complaining about Lizz's new cabinet the most diverse in UK history.

Of course they can't throw the Tory = Racism jibe so it' back to the old perennial class war which the left love.

I just had this conversation with a lefty friend who says it disgusting so many privately educated people are in the cabinet as if it's their fault their parents made that decision.

I am hoping that the media review the Labour front bench how many of them had a privilege up bringing.

Of course the real reason that the left are enraged is that these non whites dare to think differently and don't tow the immigrant = Labour = diversity.

Well it's time we did have some diversity in this country why should all non white people blindly follow one party.

Whether the new cabinet is up to the job well time will tell.

Edited by Badger11 (08 Sep 2022 9.18am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 08 Sep 22 9.25am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I notice the usual suspects are complaining about Lizz's new cabinet the most diverse in UK history.

Of course they can't throw the Tory = Racism jibe so it' back to the old perennial class war which the left love.

I just had this conversation with a lefty friend who says it disgusting so many privately educated people are in the cabinet as if it's their fault their parents made that decision.

I am hoping that the media review the Labour front bench how many of them had a privilege up bringing.

Of course the real reason that the left are enraged is that these non whites dare to think differently and don't tow the immigrant = Labour = diversity.

Well it's time we did have some diversity in this country why should all non white people blindly follow one party.

Whether the new cabinet is up to the job well time will tell.

Edited by Badger11 (08 Sep 2022 9.18am)

Archetypal 'Lefty' hogwash.

My dear wife and I decided that our daughter would be privately educated, she did not have a choice, and I am delighted that we made that decision.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 08 Sep 22 9.38am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I donít really care who wins it. Both the same !

You're not alone in that view. It is long time away and much can happen but I predict a very low turnout at the next GE. That tends to help the Tories given the old always turn out.

But a greatly reduced majority meaning political stasis for years. Not great timing given the world is becoming a more dangerous place.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 08 Sep 22 10.16am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

If Starmer became PM then he would be ditched in double quick time to make way for some proper leftie stuff.

Whilst I understand the sentiment, I feel you are not quite grasping who truly runs the Labour Party.

Starmer championed the second referendum policy by way of guaranteeing that Labour lost the next election. His job was to stop somebody like Corbyn making it to number 10. Which he did and then got duly elected to lead it. Before then suspending, and effectively kicking Corby out. Pure 'House of Cards' s***.

I could bore you with all kinds of stuff about this but I won't but you can bet your house on the fact that what you perceive as the 'Left' in Labour is broken. Utterly routed.


 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 45 of 45 << First< 41 42 43 44 45

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Conservative Leadership Runners and Riders