You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Everton charged over pitch invasions
December 8 2022 3.40pm

Everton charged over pitch invasions

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 12 Jul 22 2.50pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Didn't we have that back in the late 8o's thanks to Looserpool?

Fences came well before Heysel in Ď85 due to dozens of clubs and firms.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 12 Jul 22 3.03pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Fences came well before Heysel in Ď85 due to dozens of clubs and firms.

Still, let's blame Liverpool anyway.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 12 Jul 22 4.03pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Unfortunately, on occasions stadiums are awash with temulent reprobates and we have seen the intoxicated 'Herd' move with alacrity on to the field of play disgracing themselves with violent and anti-social behaviour.

How are the clubs to blame for the deplorable actions of those who deem it is acceptable to swarm on to the hallowed turf and engage in acts of wanton violence ?
Are clubs expected to erect 10 foot barriers, moats and riot police armed with water-cannon ?

It doesnít help when the manager refuses to criticise and, indeed, seemed to positively encourage it

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 12 Jul 22 4.14pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

It doesnít help when the manager refuses to criticise and, indeed, seemed to positively encourage it

For my part I have not seen or heard any evidence of Frank Lampard condoning or indeed refusing to criticise the actions of the reprobates nor actually encouraging the unruly mob from invading the playing area and engaging in disreputable behaviour.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 12 Jul 22 4.41pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

For my part I have not seen or heard any evidence of Frank Lampard condoning or indeed refusing to criticise the actions of the reprobates nor actually encouraging the unruly mob from invading the playing area and engaging in disreputable behaviour.

A visit to specsavers is indicated.

Clear incitement from Lampard and his staff whipping up the crowd it was ugly and hostile.

A prior fixture to this, home to Newcastle took 11 minutes of added time to conclude after repeated delays from the crowd, including, guess what, an Everton equaliser the tactics worked.

It was not a safe environment with totally inadequate stewarding unable to deal with repeated interruptions.

Everton are getting off lightly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 12 Jul 22 4.49pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

For my part I have not seen or heard any evidence of Frank Lampard condoning or indeed refusing to criticise the actions of the reprobates nor actually encouraging the unruly mob from invading the playing area and engaging in disreputable behaviour.

Find his after match press conference, seemed to think it was funny and totally refused to criticise it

[Link]

Edited by Spiderman (12 Jul 2022 4.51pm)

Somewhat hypocritical donít you think?

[Link]

Edited by Spiderman (12 Jul 2022 4.53pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 12 Jul 22 5.02pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Unfortunately, on occasions stadiums are awash with temulent reprobates and we have seen the intoxicated 'Herd' move with alacrity on to the field of play disgracing themselves with violent and anti-social behaviour.

How are the clubs to blame for the deplorable actions of those who deem it is acceptable to swarm on to the hallowed turf and engage in acts of wanton violence ?
Are clubs expected to erect 10 foot barriers, moats and riot police armed with water-cannon ?

Somebody has to take responsibility for the behaviour of fans and logically that is the home team.

On the night, Everton FC were Ď enablers Ď in terms of what happened. Their stewards were totally ineffective / passive call it what you will.

Worse still ( in my opinion ) was the absence of any security provided for the away team officials when the match had ended - that could have turned uglier than it did.

I expect a slap on the wrist fine of approx £20k and a warning as to future conduct

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 15 Jul 22 4.08pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

For my part I have not seen or heard any evidence of Frank Lampard condoning or indeed refusing to criticise the actions of the reprobates nor actually encouraging the unruly mob from invading the playing area and engaging in disreputable behaviour.

Just because you didnít see it doesnít mean it didnít happen. Lampard is the first to whip up the crowd at every opportunity. He went way down in my estimation of him last year. Very pleased we didnít get him as manager.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 15 Jul 22 4.25pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Just because you didnít see it doesnít mean it didnít happen. Lampard is the first to whip up the crowd at every opportunity. He went way down in my estimation of him last year. Very pleased we didnít get him as manager.

Diego Simeone is also known for encouraging the crowd to get behind his team.

If Patrick Vieira did the same I suspect there would be few who would deem this is provocative behaviour and perhaps many would could conclude he was displaying real passion and emotion and would see precious little wrong with his actions.

Apropos Frank Lampard, I never saw him "Whipping up the crowd" but it was an exceedingly important game for Everton they fought back from 0-2 down and emotions were running high. I very much suspect that even had he not showed such emotion the crowd would still have spilt on to the pitch to celebrate their survival.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 21 Jul 22 12.00pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

their Punishment ?

i suggest Everton start the new season with a ten-goal deduction to their Goal-difference....ie..minus ten on the first day.

that should put manners on them.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 10 Aug 22 8.36am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Didn't want to start a new thread.
I detest Everton and would love nothing more than to see them implode but can someone tell me how they are allowed to buy the players they are buying?
I thought that the FFP Laws meant that they couldn't do it?
Someone who knows better than me might be able to explain it because it seems ridiculous that they are still allowed to splash the cash.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Aug 22 8.50am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

Didn't want to start a new thread.
I detest Everton and would love nothing more than to see them implode but can someone tell me how they are allowed to buy the players they are buying?
I thought that the FFP Laws meant that they couldn't do it?
Someone who knows better than me might be able to explain it because it seems ridiculous that they are still allowed to splash the cash.

I wondered the same thing and came to 2 conclusions:

1. Everton are innocent and can explain why they have not broken FFP rules.

2. Everton are guilty and know they will get sanctioned so they might as well make the best of it (In for a penny..) in case they get a transfer embargo.

I know which option I believe more.


I wonder if Nottingham Forrest have the same attitude sod the rules by the time they fine us we will have built a decent side so it wont matter.

Edited by Badger11 (10 Aug 2022 8.51am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Everton charged over pitch invasions