You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Your BEST 11 and subs for 23
August 19 2022 5.59am

Your BEST 11 and subs for 23

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 3 << First< 1 2 3

 

View joe_cpfc's Profile joe_cpfc Flag Basingstoke 24 Jul 22 8.06pm Send a Private Message to joe_cpfc Add joe_cpfc as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

We never started 3 at the back for any game i saw.

My fault. I meant based on talk of playing 3 at the back for most of pre season. And bringing Richards in I cant see him sitting on the bench or Viera dropping Clyne. But saying that if we was going for 3 at the back he would of tried it out in the friendlies so Im probably talking sh1t.
Maybe this then

lineup.png Attachment: lineup.png (136.52Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Living In Hope's Profile Living In Hope Flag Petersfield 24 Jul 22 9.26pm Send a Private Message to Living In Hope Add Living In Hope as a friend

Johnstone
Clyne Anderson Guehi Mitchell
Doucoure Hughes
Olise Eze Zaha
Edouard

Not so sure about picking Edouard but I think there is ability there, not sure why it isn't happening for him. I previously said that I feel Mateta is not Premier League standard, but I am still open-minded on this as he is a nightmare to mark, but he just looks as if he belongs in a lower league. Hoping maybe Plange will forge ahead of both. McArthur (for Hughes) great but now quite old and injury prone. Also hope Ferguson will find fitness and challenge Clyne. I know nothing about Richards yet. Also I assume Ebiowei will not be 1st team for a year or two, but not seen enough to properly judge.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 24 Jul 22 9.35pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Why do you think Edouard will play at CF as he hasn't even played one minute in that position on the overseas tour.

The question wasn't 'who do you think PV will pick'. It was YOUR best 11. And like me, the poster obviously believes that currently, Eduoard is the best option we have up top.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Oddball2021's Profile Oddball2021 Flag Adelaide 24 Jul 22 11.57pm Send a Private Message to Oddball2021 Add Oddball2021 as a friend

Some thoughts being expressed about Mateta over Eduoard. My opinion: I LOVE Mateta's determination, drive and desperation to score goals. Wherever he maybe at skills wise at present, if he maintains that same drive that he did consistently last season, surely he has to break through and become a regular EPL goal-scorer? His positive attitude and hunger must be infectious for the whole team. I also note Eduoard's continuing drive to score more goals and it was his desperate midfield pass that set Ayew running with Mateta for the equaliser against QPR recently. Maybe it's not either/or. I think they're both worth keeping and present headaches for defenses. I must say that I was impressed by Schlupp's determined runs too. He edges out Hughes I think who, while quick with his feet, seems less powerful and dynamic. Just some thoughts!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 25 Jul 22 2.51am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Oddball2021

Some thoughts being expressed about Mateta over Eduoard. My opinion: I LOVE Mateta's determination, drive and desperation to score goals. Wherever he maybe at skills wise at present, if he maintains that same drive that he did consistently last season, surely he has to break through and become a regular EPL goal-scorer? His positive attitude and hunger must be infectious for the whole team. I also note Eduoard's continuing drive to score more goals and it was his desperate midfield pass that set Ayew running with Mateta for the equaliser against QPR recently. Maybe it's not either/or. I think they're both worth keeping and present headaches for defenses. I must say that I was impressed by Schlupp's determined runs too. He edges out Hughes I think who, while quick with his feet, seems less powerful and dynamic. Just some thoughts!

Don't think he'll ever be a consistent PL goal scorer. Just not good enough unfortunately. All the huff and puff in the world can't make up for a lack of ability.

Agree about Schlupp. Love the guy!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 25 Jul 22 7.42am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

The question wasn't 'who do you think PV will pick'. It was YOUR best 11. And like me, the poster obviously believes that currently, Eduoard is the best option we have up top.

Err, the OP has Mateta as CF.

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hootie121082's Profile Hootie121082 Flag Paralimni 29 Jul 22 12.41pm Send a Private Message to Hootie121082 Add Hootie121082 as a friend

Depending if we make anymore signings and seeing who we are linked to. I'd me happy with this

Guaita

Wan Bissaka Anderson Guehi Mitchell

Doucoure Gibbs White

Olise Eze Zaha

Lozano

Edited by Hootie121082 (29 Jul 2022 12.42pm)

 


FEELING GLAD ALL OVER

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 29 Jul 22 1.08pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Hootie121082

Depending if we make anymore signings and seeing who we are linked to. I'd me happy with this

Guaita

Wan Bissaka Anderson Guehi Mitchell

Doucoure Gibbs White

Olise Eze Zaha

Lozano

Edited by Hootie121082 (29 Jul 2022 12.42pm)


With Clyne, Ward, Richards and Ferguson all able to play RB, I don't see us wasting money on AWB. We have more pressing needs in midfield IMHO, but I'm not sure Gibbs White will be the answer, especially given the price Wolves will want for him.

As for Lozano, probably too expensive for us. I see us going for Mayoral or Dieng if PV feels he needs another striker

Edited by doombear (29 Jul 2022 1.08pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hootie121082's Profile Hootie121082 Flag Paralimni 29 Jul 22 1.31pm Send a Private Message to Hootie121082 Add Hootie121082 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


With Clyne, Ward, Richards and Ferguson all able to play RB, I don't see us wasting money on AWB. We have more pressing needs in midfield IMHO, but I'm not sure Gibbs White will be the answer, especially given the price Wolves will want for him.

As for Lozano, probably too expensive for us. I see us going for Mayoral or Dieng if PV feels he needs another striker

Edited by doombear (29 Jul 2022 1.08pm)

You might be right about Lozano regarding the price but Mayoral would be a great signing as well. Gibbs-White I think would be a great addition but the price could be a bit too hefty for us as you quoted. If Benteke leaves I think we will definitely need another striker and I am not convinced that Edouard or Mateta are going to be firing on all cylinders, although I very much hope I am wrong. Which other CM are we being linked to at the moment who could do he job of Gallagher?

 


FEELING GLAD ALL OVER

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Oddball2021's Profile Oddball2021 Flag Adelaide 29 Jul 22 1.52pm Send a Private Message to Oddball2021 Add Oddball2021 as a friend

Originally posted by joe_cpfc

My fault. I meant based on talk of playing 3 at the back for most of pre season. And bringing Richards in I cant see him sitting on the bench or Viera dropping Clyne. But saying that if we was going for 3 at the back he would of tried it out in the friendlies so Im probably talking sh1t.
Maybe this then

That would look awesome with Gallagher in Hughes' poz!
[Link]


Edited by Oddball2021 (29 Jul 2022 1.53pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 3 << First< 1 2 3

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Your BEST 11 and subs for 23