You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Academy Loans Out
August 18 2022 10.59am

Academy Loans Out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 27 Jul 22 10.11am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Pleased for Tayo Adamarola that he's got a season long loan to Coventry. Let's hope he can quickly adjust to Championship football and nail down a first team place there.

Rumour is Rak-Sakyi may be going to Charlton on loan but deal not done yet. I'd hoped he'd get a Championship loan as well but Charlton are likely to be pushing for promotion back to the Championship this year and at least they are on the doorstep.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 27 Jul 22 10.20am Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

Pleased for Tayo Adamarola that he's got a season long loan to Coventry. Let's hope he can quickly adjust to Championship football and nail down a first team place there.

Rumour is Rak-Sakyi may be going to Charlton on loan but deal not done yet. I'd hoped he'd get a Championship loan as well but Charlton are likely to be pushing for promotion back to the Championship this year and at least they are on the doorstep.

Great move for him as he will hopefully be able to slot in where Maatsen played last season for them. Fingers crossed he can get himself involved in the first team as soon as possible and develop. I hope we've inserted a call- back option just in case anything happens to Tyrick.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 27 Jul 22 10.21am Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

My feeling is that the lads from Derby are much further ahead in their development than our U23s thanks to playing regularly throughout the season in the cauldron of a Championship relegation battle (which they may well have survived without the points deduction)

So this has to be a good thing

Are we now a little light on cover for Mitchell at left back?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 27 Jul 22 10.35am Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

In a more general comment what about the Premier League plans to insist on the Championship clubs having the PL U23 players in their first team squads - in return for more money?

[Link]

This would really be extraordinary for the supporters of the Championship clubs to know they were playing for the benefit of the Premier League clubs and the privilege of developing the young talent

Of course the Championship clubs choose to take PL players on loan but a difference in choosing to do this and having to do this - perhaps for their own financial survival

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Online Flag 27 Jul 22 10.38am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

My feeling is that the lads from Derby are much further ahead in their development than our U23s thanks to playing regularly throughout the season in the cauldron of a Championship relegation battle (which they may well have survived without the points deduction)

So this has to be a good thing

Are we now a little light on cover for Mitchell at left back?

Jairo has played left-back in preseason suggesting the club maybe see that will be his role this season (i.e. backup to Tyrick), plus Ward can play there. I don't think Tayo is ready for the PL yet as he is a bit too excitable and needs to learn when to run and when to stay.

I agree that the Derby lads have looked ahead of the U23s in preseason. Whether that is because they are just better or whether it is down to exposure to the Championship only time will tell.

Rak-Sakyi for me just needs to play a season of football be it in League One or the Championship. If Charlton give him more football then that's better than a bit part role in the Championship. To me he looks like he just needs a bit more confidence as in preseason he's looked like he's more concerned about making mistakes and so hasn't really influenced games (albeit he has been played deeper than he might have liked). It will be interesting to see if O'Brien gets another loan as he looks ready to me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 27 Jul 22 11.24am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Jairo has played left-back in preseason suggesting the club maybe see that will be his role this season (i.e. backup to Tyrick), plus Ward can play there. I don't think Tayo is ready for the PL yet as he is a bit too excitable and needs to learn when to run and when to stay.

I agree that the Derby lads have looked ahead of the U23s in preseason. Whether that is because they are just better or whether it is down to exposure to the Championship only time will tell.

Rak-Sakyi for me just needs to play a season of football be it in League One or the Championship. If Charlton give him more football then that's better than a bit part role in the Championship. To me he looks like he just needs a bit more confidence as in preseason he's looked like he's more concerned about making mistakes and so hasn't really influenced games (albeit he has been played deeper than he might have liked). It will be interesting to see if O'Brien gets another loan as he looks ready to me.

Schlupp has also played LB.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 27 Jul 22 12.30pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Rak-Sakyi for me just needs to play a season of football be it in League One or the Championship. If Charlton give him more football then that's better than a bit part role in the Championship. To me he looks like he just needs a bit more confidence as in preseason he's looked like he's more concerned about making mistakes and so hasn't really influenced games (albeit he has been played deeper than he might have liked).

Completely agree with Rak-Sakyi. League 1 is a decent standard - Barnsley, Bolton, Charlton, Derby, Ipswich, MK Dons, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe.

If Jes can get 30+ starts in a league against those sorts of teams it'll do him a world of good in getting used to adult football with points on the line. The game time is more valuable than the relatively small quality difference between League 1 and the Championship.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 27 Jul 22 1.12pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Very disappointed that Tayo is off to Coventry for a year, he should be challenging Mitchell right now.

He has frightening ability and could nail down a first team place quite soon our full backs are ok but not more, and lack pace.

So Connor, Kouyate and now Tayo gone and Doucore in, waiting to hear about one more.

AWB came up through the academy that's what it is there for, Tayo is probably at least as good if not better.

We do have talent that are not going to make the PL, it is they that should be going out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 27 Jul 22 1.30pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Very disappointed that Tayo is off to Coventry for a year, he should be challenging Mitchell right now.

He has frightening ability and could nail down a first team place quite soon our full backs are ok but not more, and lack pace.

So Connor, Kouyate and now Tayo gone and Doucore in, waiting to hear about one more.

AWB came up through the academy that's what it is there for, Tayo is probably at least as good if not better.

We do have talent that are not going to make the PL, it is they that should be going out.

The 18 year old who doesn't have a single league minute in professional football should be challenging the guy who got an England cap in the penultimate camp and made the 3rd most tackles of any player in the league last season, 5 fewer than Andersen, Guehi and Ward combined, for a starting Premier League spot? Based on what?

Mitchell starts every single week if fit and Tayo watches from the bench. Regular Championship football is a great move for an 18 year old.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 27 Jul 22 1.33pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by ambrose7

The 18 year old who doesn't have a single league minute in professional football should be challenging the guy who got an England cap in the penultimate camp and made the 3rd most tackles of any player in the league last season, 5 fewer than Andersen, Guehi and Ward combined, for a starting Premier League spot? Based on what?

Mitchell starts every single week if fit and Tayo watches from the bench. Regular Championship football is a great move for an 18 year old.

He came on a couple of times last season. Maybe three times off the top of my head. He was on the fringes last season. He's not Mitchell but looks good. He's also near to first team for Ireland.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 27 Jul 22 1.55pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

was initially a little surprised at Tayo as he'd look good when he's played. But as Mitchel is soo good and consistent, he'll barely play. So good for him to get some minutes.

I'm sure there are others, but I cant think of ant other players we've loaned to the Championship (apart from Plange last season)?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 27 Jul 22 2.07pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

He came on a couple of times last season. Maybe three times off the top of my head. He was on the fringes last season. He's not Mitchell but looks good. He's also near to first team for Ireland.

He came on at the end of the Hartlepool game and started the Stoke game where he looked really nervous before being replaced by Riedewald. He has been in one Ireland U21 squad and played in 1 of the 3 games.

I think he's got all the potential to be a great prospect for us. If Mitchell gets a big move in a couple of years, the plan is probably that the time will be right for Adaramola to slide in as the replacement.

In the meantime, let's be fair to him and give him time to develop. At the back end of last season when Mitchell was injured, Tayo was still playing with the U23s. Coventry is a huge step up from what he's been doing previously and he'll make mistakes there. At the same age, Mitchell hadn't even played for our U23s. 30 odd games at a 6.5/7 out of 10 would be a brilliant season for him.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Academy Loans Out