You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Queues at the turnstiles
November 30 2022 1.48pm

Queues at the turnstiles

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 31 Aug 22 11.27pm Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Queues at the turnstiles, queues at the ticket office, not enough staff, and those working have no clue how to help people, 'just following rules'.

Put the QR codes back on digital tickets so families and friends can share them. Charging £10.00 a time to transfer a ticket is a complete rip off.

Parish - If you dont look after your fans, don't moan if and when the day comes when 17 other clubs invest more in the team and the club finds itself unable to fill the ground, and without Premier League money.

It does not cost you anything, and it is not all about maximising game day revenues by squeezing your fans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 01 Sep 22 12.53am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

Queues at the turnstiles, queues at the ticket office, not enough staff, and those working have no clue how to help people, 'just following rules'.

Put the QR codes back on digital tickets so families and friends can share them. Charging £10.00 a time to transfer a ticket is a complete rip off.

Parish - If you dont look after your fans, don't moan if and when the day comes when 17 other clubs invest more in the team and the club finds itself unable to fill the ground, and without Premier League money.

It does not cost you anything, and it is not all about maximising game day revenues by squeezing your fans.


Green tick up

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 01 Sep 22 7.47am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

This is why people paid extra money for season ticket +

You can share your ticket.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 01 Sep 22 7.55am Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Good luck with that. £50 extra to share Ďfor selected gamesí. Canít see that ending well. Was free to do it last season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dorking's Profile dorking Flag 01 Sep 22 8.13am Send a Private Message to dorking Add dorking as a friend

Had to bend the truth to do it, but got plastic cards for all my family. Which work perfectly.

Over a whole season there might be maybe 2 home games I don't get to, and surely its better that I lend the cards to friends and they spend a few quid on food and drink, than the seats sit empty and unused?

It's quite deliberate by the club to drive up revenue, but surely the bad feeling and non-renewals outweighs any small uplift in income?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 01 Sep 22 8.19am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

Good luck with that. £50 extra to share Ďfor selected gamesí. Canít see that ending well. Was free to do it last season.

My kids wanted palace TV which was £30 so with other fringe benefits it made sence. Did you pay for palace TV? Oh and you get a £45.00 club shop voucher.

Edited by dannyboy1978 (01 Sep 2022 8.27am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 01 Sep 22 9.45am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

To be fair, the transfer to another season ticket option is easy and works fine.

But obviously relies on one of the season ticket holders going.

(e.g. we are a group of 4, and invariably 1 cant go each match, so just transfer the spare ticket to another in the group and then we can bring whoever we want)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YHTM's Profile YHTM Flag 01 Sep 22 9.55am Send a Private Message to YHTM Add YHTM as a friend

The whole digital ticket roll out has been a disaster from the start. I suspect implemented by underpaid, under trained, inexperienced staff with the inevitable results we have seen last season and now this.
Certainly offer it as an option, or as some clubs have done trial it in one section of the ground but to impose on all with no consultation - recipe for disaster!

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gribbo's Profile Gribbo Flag Bromley 01 Sep 22 10.32am Send a Private Message to Gribbo Add Gribbo as a friend

Or put QR cards on them and share with whoever you like, whenever you like, as we have always been able to do as loyal fans and customers for many years.

If squeezing fans for a little bit more revenue is the preferred course of action, I would have looked at some of the wages first. Some players stealing a living, fortunately the main culprits have now moved on to a large extent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 01 Sep 22 11.01am Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

I thought the season ticket + was a great Idea!

10 percent off in the club shop
Transfer ticket for free
sell your ticket back to the club (works for me as i live abroad. i wont make the man united game and that pretty much pays for the +)
Palace tv - worth 29.99
Got a drinks bottle and key ring

and for kids they get a free shirt worth 45 pounds! no brainer i think getting the season ticket +

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YHTM's Profile YHTM Flag 01 Sep 22 12.09pm Send a Private Message to YHTM Add YHTM as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

I thought the season ticket + was a great Idea!

10 percent off in the club shop
Transfer ticket for free
sell your ticket back to the club (works for me as i live abroad. i wont make the man united game and that pretty much pays for the +)
Palace tv - worth 29.99
Got a drinks bottle and key ring

and for kids they get a free shirt worth 45 pounds! no brainer i think getting the season ticket +

Pity it doesn't seem to be available any more!?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 


Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Queues at the turnstiles