You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Chelsea match to be postponed?
October 2 2022 11.37pm

Chelsea match to be postponed?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View CPO4OFC's Profile CPO4OFC Flag Redhill 21 Sep 22 6.32pm Send a Private Message to CPO4OFC Add CPO4OFC as a friend

Heard somebody at work say the Chelsea match could be postponed due to the rail strike on 1st October - surely this canít be true??

Notice Southern arenít striking nor is the underground. Anybody believe this game will be on still?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HeathMan's Profile HeathMan Flag Purley 21 Sep 22 8.10pm Send a Private Message to HeathMan Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add HeathMan as a friend

That would be three matches postponed. Have to hope that the Pools panel (if it still exists) does not decide that Palace do not get another point for the rest of the season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 21 Sep 22 9.44pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

We played Villa at home with a train strike. It'll go ahead.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 22 Sep 22 2.28am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

How come Brighton was cancelled? Pathetic. Headless chickens running this league.

Edited by dreamwaverider (22 Sep 2022 2.49am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 22 Sep 22 7.21am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by HeathMan

That would be three matches postponed. Have to hope that the Pools panel (if it still exists) does not decide that Palace do not get another point for the rest of the season.

Lawro sits on the pools panel, apparently, so we are doomed!!

Regarding this thread; I love how it's based on what some random person that someone knows said what could happen.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nhp61's Profile nhp61 Flag Goring-By-Sea born, now in Brackne... 22 Sep 22 4.59pm Send a Private Message to nhp61 Add nhp61 as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

How come Brighton was cancelled? Pathetic. Headless chickens running this league.

Edited by dreamwaverider (22 Sep 2022 2.49am)

There was a threatened rail strike for that particular day.

Brighton rely on much of their attendance arriving by train at Falmer. There are only a limited number of Park & Ride spaces, and the stadium's coach park couldn't handle the vast number of extra coaches that would be required to bring in those who would normally come by train.

There was a threatened rail strike on the day in question, and, much as I hate to defend Brighton, they did the only logical thing and requested the game to be postponed, to give as many people the longest possible notice of the postponement.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 22 Sep 22 5.15pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by nhp61

There was a threatened rail strike for that particular day.

Brighton rely on much of their attendance arriving by train at Falmer. There are only a limited number of Park & Ride spaces, and the stadium's coach park couldn't handle the vast number of extra coaches that would be required to bring in those who would normally come by train.

There was a threatened rail strike on the day in question, and, much as I hate to defend Brighton, they did the only logical thing and requested the game to be postponed, to give as many people the longest possible notice of the postponement.


They could have banned the home fans

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View whatton's Profile whatton Flag Stirling 22 Sep 22 6.29pm Send a Private Message to whatton Add whatton as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

They could have banned the home fans

So why donít they switch these fixtures to Sunday?

AFAIK There is no strike on Sunday the 9th, and until the original strike was called off there was no strike planned on Sunday 18th September. Football has no problem moving matches to Sunday when clubs are affected by the Europa League, so there shouldnít be a problem moving fixtures when they clash with a train strike.

Makes it seem even more likely that this is down to Brighton not wanting to play without a manager.

 


RGW

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 22 Sep 22 8.18pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by nhp61

There was a threatened rail strike for that particular day.

Brighton rely on much of their attendance arriving by train at Falmer. There are only a limited number of Park & Ride spaces, and the stadium's coach park couldn't handle the vast number of extra coaches that would be required to bring in those who would normally come by train.

There was a threatened rail strike on the day in question, and, much as I hate to defend Brighton, they did the only logical thing and requested the game to be postponed, to give as many people the longest possible notice of the postponement.


But their fans keep bleating about how good the infrastructure is and the state of the art stadium. Canít hold a PL game when there is a train strike! Didnít cancel the game when strike was announced, on,y when their manager left

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 22 Sep 22 10.22pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

But their fans keep bleating about how good the infrastructure is and the state of the art stadium. Canít hold a PL game when there is a train strike! Didnít cancel the game when strike was announced, on,y when their manager left

The game was cancelled when strike was originally announced.
It was later confirmed as still being cancelled after their manager left because it was speculated that all games may be off (due to period of mourning for the Queen) but then some were confirmed as being on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 23 Sep 22 6.25am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

If the trains run similar to the service they provided on the day we played Villa I cant see our game being postponed especially as its against Chelsea so they don't have far to come - most of the train strike reports I have read seem to be focussing on the lack of trains to / from the midlands & how it effects the tory party conference.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 23 Sep 22 11.14am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

If the trains run similar to the service they provided on the day we played Villa I cant see our game being postponed especially as its against Chelsea so they don't have far to come - most of the train strike reports I have read seem to be focussing on the lack of trains to / from the midlands & how it effects the tory party conference.

Southern rail not on strike

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Chelsea match to be postponed?