You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > carabao cup team for wednesday
November 27 2022 3.07pm

carabao cup team for wednesday

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 08 Nov 22 1.38pm Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

To answer your question about Qatar the answer is not many and the few who might make the trip are, with one exception, not likely to play a great part in it

Jordan Ayew for Ghana - a player that divides Palace fans on whether he should ever be allowed on the pitch which is unfair but when a forward players role seems to have morphed into working hard defensively or coming on late in the game to draw a foul or two (which he is uncannily good at) then you have to wonder and it's right that his position has been taken by Olise. For balance it is right to say he is capable of some sublime skill every other season or so and the mystery of why it occurs so infrequently is likely never to be solved.

Marc Guehi - definitely one of the most talented English Centre Backs and one of the transformative players since Vieira's arrival that has given us a different style and a better team. Would be no surprise to seem him on the plane and could become a mainstay in future England teams. But I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a likely starter at the World Cup.

Joachim Andersen - the other half of the first choice centre back pairing - long pass a speciality - and a likely starter for Denmark.

Tyrick Mitchell - Palace fans are rightly proud that we have another academy player making the grade in the Premier League. But previously making the England squad was a bit of a surprise even one weakened by withdrawals. He didn't do too bad but it is not an experience that has made him kick on. If anything the opposite happened and he's not been as effective or confident in the early part of the season - though some more promising signs he is coming back to his previous level. But with the Chilwell injury it's possible he could be in the frame. Though at this time I am not sure he should be.

Now who have I missed?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheFish's Profile TheFish Flag 08 Nov 22 1.52pm Send a Private Message to TheFish Add TheFish as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

To answer your question about Qatar the answer is not many and the few who might make the trip are, with one exception, not likely to play a great part in it

Jordan Ayew for Ghana - a player that divides Palace fans on whether he should ever be allowed on the pitch which is unfair but when a forward players role seems to have morphed into working hard defensively or coming on late in the game to draw a foul or two (which he is uncannily good at) then you have to wonder and it's right that his position has been taken by Olise. For balance it is right to say he is capable of some sublime skill every other season or so and the mystery of why it occurs so infrequently is likely never to be solved.

Marc Guehi - definitely one of the most talented English Centre Backs and one of the transformative players since Vieira's arrival that has given us a different style and a better team. Would be no surprise to seem him on the plane and could become a mainstay in future England teams. But I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a likely starter at the World Cup.

Joachim Andersen - the other half of the first choice centre back pairing - long pass a speciality - and a likely starter for Denmark.

Tyrick Mitchell - Palace fans are rightly proud that we have another academy player making the grade in the Premier League. But previously making the England squad was a bit of a surprise even one weakened by withdrawals. He didn't do too bad but it is not an experience that has made him kick on. If anything the opposite happened and he's not been as effective or confident in the early part of the season - though some more promising signs he is coming back to his previous level. But with the Chilwell injury it's possible he could be in the frame. Though at this time I am not sure he should be.

Now who have I missed?

Could you see Vieira leaving those players out of the Cup game?

It's a shame some of the players you have that give me sleepless nights aren't going to be rested, mind you. If Zaha, Eze could be rested, that'd be swell.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 08 Nov 22 1.59pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

To answer your question about Qatar the answer is not many and the few who might make the trip are, with one exception, not likely to play a great part in it

Jordan Ayew for Ghana -

Marc Guehi - d

Joachim Andersen -

Tyrick Mitchell -

Now who have I missed?


Theoretically there's Chris Richards for the USMNT if he recovers sufficiently. They might take him if he could be available for the KO stage should the Americans get through.

As for tomorrow night. It was noticeable that PV used only ONE sub on Sunday, Luka coming on for Cheick. Playing Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday is a tough ask so whilst PV has said he will put out a strong team, reading between the lines of his pre-match press conference, I think several of the team who started on Sunday will be rested. We might see some of the youngsters on the bench, but the only one with a chance of starting IMO is Ebiowei in place of Olise (who on Sunday completed, I believe, his very first full PL game. He's either been subbed or was a sub in all his previous PL appearances). I expect to see Tomkins, Hughes, Luka, Riedewald and Mateta starting as well.

Edited by doombear (08 Nov 2022 1.59pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mileend's Profile mileend Flag East London 08 Nov 22 2.17pm Send a Private Message to mileend Add mileend as a friend

Vieira said today he is taking the game seriously and wants to compete

Sounds like a reasonable side, not a team with lots of U21s in to get experience, but with key players rested for the Forest game.

Better judges than me have given some likely line ups in this thread

He will probably leave out Zaha and Andersen. Mateta and Tomkins to come in. Probably swap Clyne for Ward. Doucoure is not likely to be risked in midfield so Miliojevic will get some more game time. Ayew for Olise likely.

We could hold our own for periods but will need a bit of luck to get through this one. Newcastle clear favourites.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dean_Gordon's Profile Dean_Gordon Flag London 09 Nov 22 10.12am Send a Private Message to Dean_Gordon Add Dean_Gordon as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

We only have two games before the WC so I think Vieira will put out a relatively strong side, perhaps something like this...

Johnstone

Ward Tomkins Guehi Jairo

Luka Schlupp

Ebiowei Olise Eze

Mateta


I don't think we'll see many from the U23 appearing, if any. Doucoure, Mitchell and Zaha the most likely to be rested. Newcastle probably have a bit more strength in depth and are a very big and physical team so it will be tough to win this. It's probably our best hope of a trophy, but to be frank does anyone give a sh*t about this cup?


No way. JAIRO ISNT A LEFT BACK! He is a CDM by trade. Has so much to offer there.


I would go:

Johnstone

Ward Tomkins Balmer Mitchell

Jairo Hughesey

Ebiowei Eze Ayew

Gordon

 


October 1st 1994
Highbury
Arsenal 1 - Palace 2
Salako (2)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 09 Nov 22 10.30am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

i do care about the cup - it's an opportunity to win proper silverware, something i've never seen in nearly 50 years of supporting Palace.

However, i think your team is spot on. Rest a few who have niggling injuries and play a few who need game time e.g. Tomkins, Jairo and Mateta etc.

I'd maybe rest Eze too


You obviously missed 'when Geoff goes up to get the Zenith Cup we were there......'

1991 League Cup final

4-1 thrashing of Everton at Wembley.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 09 Nov 22 11.42am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by Dean_Gordon


No way. JAIRO ISNT A LEFT BACK! He is a CDM by trade. Has so much to offer there.


I would go:

Johnstone

Ward Tomkins Balmer Mitchell

Jairo Hughesey

Ebiowei Eze Ayew

Gordon

Jairo would play on the left of a back 3 for Ajax - that's the player FDB signed.

We've not since played a 3 at the back formation so he has kind of morphed into a CDM. It could me argued he's either one of a CDM/CB/LB. I would agree that CDM is now his best position, but he's capable as LB cover if necessary - as is Schlupp.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 09 Nov 22 12.38pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

Jairo would play on the left of a back 3 for Ajax - that's the player FDB signed.

We've not since played a 3 at the back formation so he has kind of morphed into a CDM. It could me argued he's either one of a CDM/CB/LB. I would agree that CDM is now his best position, but he's capable as LB cover if necessary - as is Schlupp.


And let's not forget that he won player of the month under Hodgson playing at...?
Left Back!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 09 Nov 22 12.50pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

And let's not forget that he won player of the month under Hodgson playing at...?
Left Back!

...the key words being "under Hodgson". Let's be honest, when you have ten teammates playing around you in defense, left back becomes easier. No disrespect to Jairo intended.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 09 Nov 22 3.21pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

I think it's about time to give Will Hughes his first start to see how he can work with Doucore, Andersen or Luka.

He has talent which is not being exploited.

Ditto Ferguson - just to see how long he can last.

But whoever he plays for goodness sake go out and be positive and entertaining and if we go down 3-4 it doesn't matter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 09 Nov 22 4.08pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Same side as Sunday for me , we are on a roll

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TulseHillEagle's Profile TulseHillEagle Flag Tulse Hill 09 Nov 22 4.19pm Send a Private Message to TulseHillEagle Add TulseHillEagle as a friend

Anyone travelling up there for tonight's game deserves 300parish points upon entry!Unbelievable commitment for a Carling/Carabao cup game!

 


Member of the Keith Millen Club. COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > carabao cup team for wednesday