You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > England Squad and Palace players
December 8 2022 3.21pm

England Squad and Palace players

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 11 Nov 22 1.39am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by palace chick

Seems like as long as you belong to a top premiership side you will get selected for England. Gallagher got in last season because he was outstanding for us then his form dropped and he wasn’t selected. Back at Chelsea now means selection. Sterling has also been poor yet he will start for England whatever?

Exactly why Conor got selected when he was at Palace

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 11 Nov 22 1.42am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

So happy to see Conor called up. Although he is no longer Palace I feel he is still part of us and like one of our own. I would love to see him grow during the tournament and score the winner in the final. Would be a true Roy of the Rovers moment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 11 Nov 22 6.03am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by palace chick

Seems like as long as you belong to a top premiership side you will get selected for England. Gallagher got in last season because he was outstanding for us then his form dropped and he wasn’t selected. Back at Chelsea now means selection. Sterling has also been poor yet he will start for England whatever?

It's always been thus, with a tiny number of exceptions over the years.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 11 Nov 22 10.09am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I am surprised that Guehi didn't get the nod.
Maguire is a waste of space and as slow as a tugboat and Coady is not good enough either.
Southgate has gone for tried and trusted - straight out of Roy Hodgson's book of football.
Only 6 midfield players as well - sort of telegraphs his tactics up front!
Naturally I want England to do well but Southgate needs to be gone.
Media and player management are his forte - football itself is definitely not!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag South Cronx 11 Nov 22 10.28am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Qatar World Cup and the fact it shouldn't be happening there aside, I'm always happy for our players to be called up. It's what it's all about, there should be no greater moment in their careers, and who should begrudge them that. Knowing that it's the achievement most strive for, we should absolutely be pushing for players to make it into the England squad, because it shows you can achieve your international ambitions at Palace, and thus attract better players. Of course you run the risk of attracting offers for them but that's the nature of the game and pecking orders.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag South Cronx 11 Nov 22 10.30am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I am surprised that Guehi didn't get the nod.
Maguire is a waste of space and as slow as a tugboat and Coady is not good enough either.
Southgate has gone for tried and trusted - straight out of Roy Hodgson's book of football.
Only 6 midfield players as well - sort of telegraphs his tactics up front!
Naturally I want England to do well but Southgate needs to be gone.
Media and player management are his forte - football itself is definitely not!

this will almost certainly be the end of his cycle. Even if we get to the final or semis, I think his momentum as England manager has peaked. EVEN if we somehow won the thing, it's achievement complete and move onto the next person, who you'd like to think the FA know who it is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 11 Nov 22 10.47am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I am surprised that Guehi didn't get the nod.
Maguire is a waste of space and as slow as a tugboat and Coady is not good enough either.
Southgate has gone for tried and trusted - straight out of Roy Hodgson's book of football.
Only 6 midfield players as well - sort of telegraphs his tactics up front!
Naturally I want England to do well but Southgate needs to be gone.
Media and player management are his forte - football itself is definitely not!

Though Guehi has been as good as anyone this season I dont think he had any chance of getting into the finals squad .Southgate would have had Tomori , Gomez and (dont laugh ) Mings on his list before our man .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Runningman's Profile Runningman Flag Keston 11 Nov 22 11.50am Send a Private Message to Runningman Add Runningman as a friend

How the heck did Grealish get included. Waste of space &#129324;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 11 Nov 22 3.46pm Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Runningman

How the heck did Grealish get included. Waste of space &#129324;

No idea! He was brilliant for Aston Villa and was NOT picked. He has been at best mediocre in City and get a call from Southgate. Boring squad in Qatar and how could let in McGuire, Walker, Phillips and Henderson? The only positives are Maddison and Wilson. If Conor had shown the same form for us as he has for Chelsea this season, he would never have played in an England shirt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 11 Nov 22 4.09pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

It's a ridiculous squad and has shown the obvious faults with Southgate.

- Players who are not regularly or just plain have not been playing in. Kalvin Phillips honestly WTF.
- Obviously picking his 'favourites'
- The likes of Tomori, Guehi, Burn et al being put behind Dier and Maguire makes no sense whatsoever.
- A real lack of narrative supporting some of his decisions

"I will not pick players based on reputation" - F*ck off Gareth you boring, big nosed, line towing, low intellect mug.

What we achieved in the last couple of tournaments must be noted and worthy of some praise however I was always under the impression it was a wave being proverbially ridden as opposed to management genius (that makes sense in my own mind). We had some young players who very much 'turned up' for England initially, a good culture, maybe some luck etc however this seems to be waning.

It threatened to be as though we were on the brink of a real breakthrough from all the stereotypes the national team had created in years past however I see us now reverting to type and the manager fully leading that movement.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Croydon 12 Nov 22 7.00am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

It's a ridiculous squad and has shown the obvious faults with Southgate.

- Players who are not regularly or just plain have not been playing in. Kalvin Phillips honestly WTF.
- Obviously picking his 'favourites'
- The likes of Tomori, Guehi, Burn et al being put behind Dier and Maguire makes no sense whatsoever.
- A real lack of narrative supporting some of his decisions

"I will not pick players based on reputation" - F*ck off Gareth you boring, big nosed, line towing, low intellect mug.

What we achieved in the last couple of tournaments must be noted and worthy of some praise however I was always under the impression it was a wave being proverbially ridden as opposed to management genius (that makes sense in my own mind). We had some young players who very much 'turned up' for England initially, a good culture, maybe some luck etc however this seems to be waning.

It threatened to be as though we were on the brink of a real breakthrough from all the stereotypes the national team had created in years past however I see us now reverting to type and the manager fully leading that movement.


Totally agree. Blokes an absolute clown who doesn’t appear to do what he says he will. Should never have been manager.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 12 Nov 22 7.49am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

I am a couple of episodes into that FIFA Uncovered series
(on Netflix) all I can say is "WOW" what a jigsaw puzzle -

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > England Squad and Palace players