You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Newcastle vs Crystal Palace Carabao Match Thread
December 9 2022 5.18am

Newcastle vs Crystal Palace Carabao Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 9 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 09 Nov 22 10.34pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

To be fair Pope looked very big in that goal and made good saves .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dan Theolmesdaleroad's Profile Dan Theolmesdaleroad Flag Up north 09 Nov 22 10.40pm Send a Private Message to Dan Theolmesdaleroad Add Dan Theolmesdaleroad as a friend

Sounds like Mihajlovic and Iwobi missed in the shootout for Palace, according to TalkSport.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 09 Nov 22 11.14pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

I think the 3 missed penalty takers should look for another club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 09 Nov 22 11.19pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

I think the 3 missed penalty takers should look for another club.

Luka and Mateta definitely

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 09 Nov 22 11.28pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

What an awful game of football and even worse penalties!!

I didnít expect much from us tonight but Hughes played well as did the defence however beyond that the players looked loathed to be there as did Newcastle bizarrely, expected much more from them too.

If both teams could have lost itíd be a fair result and were I not more keen on finally going to St Jamesí Park Iíd perhaps be irked. No subs til about 72 minutes bizarre too unless that was an acknowledgment of lack of depth and therefore options.

Anybody correct me if Iím wrong but Newcastle did not sing one song the entire match. Ground was sold out according to the natives I had a chat with and I was genuinely shocked and appalled by how poor their fans were.

A win against Forest and all will be forgotten but an absolute non-event so far as a football match.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 10 Nov 22 12.11am Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Dean_Gordon


How did you see them? You there at the ground?

I said it before and I'll say it again. Luka should be nowhere near this team. He can;t even do the basics and lead by example. A professional of his age should not be scuffing a penalty. Jesus wept.

No they showed the shoot out live on Sky Sports news

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 10 Nov 22 12.59am Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Let's put this into perspective:

Both Newcastle and Palace played mostly second teams.

Palace's bench was all academy, Newcastle brought on 1st team players (perhaps if it were at Selhurst it would have been reversed).

Even with the subs we still managed to have a goaless draw.

Penalty shootouts are mostly a crapshoot.

I'm not upset with today. Wish we would have won, but got in some valuable time for the backups.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 10 Nov 22 2.37am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Daddyorc

Let's put this into perspective:

Both Newcastle and Palace played mostly second teams.

Palace's bench was all academy, Newcastle brought on 1st team players (perhaps if it were at Selhurst it would have been reversed).

Even with the subs we still managed to have a goaless draw.

Penalty shootouts are mostly a crapshoot.

I'm not upset with today. Wish we would have won, but got in some valuable time for the backups.

This 100%. Even watching the pens on Sky live I wasnít even slightly nervous like if it was a pen in a league game. Move on I guess.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 10 Nov 22 2.56am Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

But with a few bigger clubs falling the draw may open up for a club like Newcastle (or us if we had progressed).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 10 Nov 22 6.12am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Not often you see a quote like that

If both teams could have lost itíd be a fair result -

Obvs a bit disappointed that we didn't progress but as others have said, onwards to taking on Forest at the weekend.

Originally posted by Nicholas91

What an awful game of football and even worse penalties!!

I didnít expect much from us tonight but Hughes played well as did the defence however beyond that the players looked loathed to be there as did Newcastle bizarrely, expected much more from them too.

If both teams could have lost itíd be a fair result and were I not more keen on finally going to St Jamesí Park Iíd perhaps be irked. No subs til about 72 minutes bizarre too unless that was an acknowledgment of lack of depth and therefore options.

Anybody correct me if Iím wrong but Newcastle did not sing one song the entire match. Ground was sold out according to the natives I had a chat with and I was genuinely shocked and appalled by how poor their fans were.

A win against Forest and all will be forgotten but an absolute non-event so far as a football match.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View redshift's Profile redshift Flag Toronto 10 Nov 22 6.39am Send a Private Message to redshift Add redshift as a friend

Guys... It's the Carabo cup. It means nothing. I'd worry if it had some impact on the prem... but it doesn't. It's a nice tourney, but it's meaningless in the end. No problem here. Move along...

 


Success will lie to you but failure always tells you the truth.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 10 Nov 22 6.43am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Yes, a win against Forest, who beat Spurs last night. Who better than us to bring them back down to Earth?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 9 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Newcastle vs Crystal Palace Carabao Match Thread